Started on: 02-10-2011 05:34 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: 2.5 on 02-11-2011 01:53 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) — School officials in a district near Philadelphia say a high school English teacher posted profanity-laced rants online that labeled her students "out of control" and "disengaged, lazy whiners."

Central Bucks School District suspended Natalie Munroe with pay Wednesday after parents complained about the posts, which also targeted co-workers and administrators.

District spokeswoman Carol Counihan tells the Bucks County Courier Times that Munroe admitting writing the posts. Superintendent Robert Laws says the posts should result in termination but the district is still investigating.

A phone listing for Munroe could not immediately be located Thursday. Counihan says the blog was taken down.

———

Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, www.phillyburbs.com

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2 comments on this (maybe 3, dunno yet). Found this interesting and kind of funny, so I figured I'd share:

1: WTF happened to free speech
2: Ever been to this part of PA? The kids there these days are lazy whiners. Just ask PK86
3: Almost 95% of kids these days are lazy whiners. Just ask PK86

That is all.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Don't lump PK in there, he earns his money for his toys just like the rest of us, and he only whines when he is right.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
So you can have kids MASSAGE you, and that's fine, jobs still safe but post naughty words? YOU'RE FIRED!

Did she use her name when she posted?

Free Speech is [censored]!!!!

edit: CENSORSHIP is [censored]!!!!!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 02-10-2011).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Free speech does not mean without consequences. If anyone says anything bad about their employer or clients, even if it it true, then they might get fired.

She should have just sent her comments to WikiLeaks.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad she's gone!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Free speech does not mean without consequences. If anyone says anything bad about their employer or clients, even if it it true, then they might get fired.

So true- and in this economy, you don't wanna lose yer job because your're ticked off and then Rant (or tweet, or Facebook update (or wall post) etc...)
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Don't lump PK in there, he earns his money for his toys just like the rest of us, and he only whines when he is right.

You missed the subtle irony didn't you?

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-10-2011).]

Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of the free speech issue, any teacher dumb enough to post stuff like that on the internet, and NOT expect trouble for it, is too stupid to be teaching.

No wonder her students seem like lazy whiners, THEY WERE PAYING ATTENTION. And what did we learn today, class? Have a bad day at work, make a whiny post about it where the whole freakin' world can see! Because you're too LAZY to go find somebody to tell face-to-face!

Kids learn EXACTLY what you teach them. You teach much more by actions than by words.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Wow ! She really needs to catch up. Society has been like this for a while.

"They curse, discuss drugs, talk back, argue for grades, complain about everything, fancy themselves entitled to whatever they desire and are just generally annoying.”

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

kyunderdawg

4373 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

2: Ever been to this part of PA? The kids there these days are lazy whiners. Just ask PK86
3: Almost 95% of kids these days are lazy whiners. Just ask PK86

XB, you're gonna get PK's response in about........3,2,1......

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

XB, you're gonna get PK's response in about........3,2,1......

Lol, at least someone caught my subtle irony in this post

Free speech and all, yes?
PFF
System Bot
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
Free speech does not protect you from loss of employment. Posting, publicly, those comments was not a professional move.

However, she had to have formed her opinion somewhere...

~ Derek
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Wow ! She really needs to catch up. Society has been like this for a while.
[QUOTE]"They curse, discuss drugs, talk back, argue for grades, complain about everything, fancy themselves entitled to whatever they desire and are just generally annoying.”
[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth.
dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
Posting her comments on a public forum, probably not the brightest thing to do.

BUT, she's probably right (couldn't read the article, so there may be stuff which she's not right about), which is why it's more embarrassing for the school, and why she loses her job.

20 or 30 years ago, she'd have been able to go to the parents of the brats, and tell it like it is. The kids would have gotten it from mom and dad, and the problem would be over. Today, the parents think that their little sociopaths are angels that can do no wrong, so if a teacher says something negative, the parents go to the school board and complain. And the teacher is muted.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dsnover:
20 or 30 years ago, she'd have been able to go to the parents of the brats, and tell it like it is. The kids would have gotten it from mom and dad, and the problem would be over. Today, the parents think that their little sociopaths are angels that can do no wrong, so if a teacher says something negative, the parents go to the school board and complain. And the teacher is muted.

Which is precisely why I see most of the parents of my generation as failures. Failing to teach your kids about personal accountability is failing your kids.

------------------
Ron

Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Which is precisely why I see most of the parents of my generation as failures. Failing to teach your kids about personal accountability is failing your kids.

Bam! Kick it up a notch!

~ Derek
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
1> free speech. normally - I would say she has free speech - the g'ment didnt come after her - she is not in jail. BUT - she is a g'ment employee - so technicly - the g'ment DID in fact "come after her".
2> (&3> ) yes - kids have ALWAYS been out of control whiners - that is what being a kid is. yes, there are few who aren not (I sure wasn't )

I will say that she did NOT get suspended for saying bad things - she got suspended for showing that she was not qualified for the job

but - maybe they should move her over the phys ed instead of english. somewhere that can make use of her "talents"
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
We have to remember that teachers, even good ones, have their hands tied by the administration and from parents. I don't know about this person, but a ruler across the knuckles will go a long way.... especially if the parent follows it up with a slap upside the head

(The point is that parents whine about their kids and how they need to be "free", yet the teacher can't control them or teach them because parents don't teach their children proper manners and some parents don't even have manners themselves. When I was young and got in trouble at school, I was asked what I did wrong, now, kids are asked what the teacher did wrong to cause them to act up.... sigh)
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dsnover:

This is actually very true. Amazingly enough one of the more larger problems is many schools and school districts seemingly allow students to get away with such things as what the teacher in question described. Students can be verbal to instructors in a harsh manner, but instructors cannot be verbal to students in a harsh manner. Even in student fights and squabbles, instructors are taught not to touch or attempt to force themselves against an altercation by themselves. The schools don't want to see any sort of lawsuit arise against them so many teachers nowadays are taught to be as passive as possible.

It's one of the reasons why I switch majors in college, as I planned to teach social sciences, but when I was finally put in a classroom I became appalled at what I saw as to how schools have become. I mean students can just simply not do their work. Why should they? They'll just get an 'F' or a '0' anyway. Not much the instructor can do except give a quick pip about being responsible and then go on about their business. It's crazy. You're in school. What else are you going to do? Do your work.

Today's youth however is really beginning to appall me in a broad manner. School is a publicly provided service that is paid by the state, and they should be glad that they are able to take advantage of such a service. We could just make it where every person had to pay substantial amounts of money to put their kids through grade school, and then I bet parents would be more adamant about their kids not giving crap to their instructors or doing ALL of their work without question. I feel REALLY sorry for those that think that school is a waste of time and don't take it seriously. Just wait until you're out on your own. I even now see many people I knew ten years ago when I graduated from school renting their apartments or some even living with their parents. I'm a homeowner and have bought everything I own. Of course the ones that suffer are the ones that didn't take school seriously. Oh what these kids don't know of the future and how harsh it can be.... Sorry 'bout the rant.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Our secretary got fired for posting negative comments on facebook about her boss a couple years back. Lesson learned: If it would be a bad idea to say it to someone's face, then it will be a bad idea to say it on a public forum.

WRT the kids, I'm thinking golden memory syndrome.
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
The biggest problem with our current public school system isn't anyone employed by the system. (It's not really the kids either...)

~ Derek

[This message has been edited by Derek_85GT (edited 02-11-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Derek_85GT:

The biggest problem with our current public school system isn't anyone employed by the system. (It's not really the kids either...)

~ Derek

Agreed. It's the system itself. It is outdated and antiquated. It stopped working years ago, even before my school days in many places (I was lucky enough to live in a small town where it started to fall shortly after I left school). And when the "No Child Left Behind" Act was passed, it only made it worse, close enough (if not fully) to collapse.

You guys make some interesting points. Points I have to agree with. Its time to go back to the old system, at least it worked

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
"Profanity laced" had alot to do with it a persume.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock