Started on: 02-06-2011 07:08 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: blackrams on 02-07-2011 05:13 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Yup. I had seen that commercial a week before the game. Loved it, and was excited when it came on, so I posted it. LOVE the expression in the kid's body language when the car started.
Oh, and PAGE OWNAGE!

Note, no edit.
IP: Logged
naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
They're not what they used to be

Some of them were, of course, better than others....but there's nothing that I thought was hilarious.

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

They're not what they used to be

Some of them were, of course, better than others....but there's nothing that I thought was hilarious.

I had a similar thought but then, I wonder, are we expecting too much? Has the bar been set too high? Most likely not but, most of the commercials were good, just not great (as in funny, enlightening or inspiring, etc......).

------------------
Ron

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I liked the beetle commercial with 'black betty' playing.. that was about it.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
almost everything, even if it's consistently awesome, becomes mundane.

There are, a few exceptions --> Fiero, Wife, Bacon, etc...
naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I had a similar thought but then, I wonder, are we expecting too much? Has the bar been set too high? Most likely not but, most of the commercials were good, just not great (as in funny, enlightening or inspiring, etc......).

I'd like to think my expectations aren't too high. Many of the commercials were, like you said, good, just not great. Maybe companies are paying so much for the time slots that they can't afford to hire great creative teams to come up with the commercials....but I can count on one hand the ones I though were at a high enough level to be worthy of being aired during the superbowl.

But then again, I was talking to my buddy and he thought a lot more of them were much funnier than I did, so maybe its just my sense of humor that made most of them seem mundane.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

But then again, I was talking to my buddy and he thought a lot more of them were much funnier than I did, so maybe its just my sense of humor that made most of them seem mundane.

Or, maybe you had higher expectations?

I don't accept that it's a money issue, if you can afford a Super Bowl Ad, you can afford to hire a creative team of writers. I'm thinking it's the limitations imposed by the politically correct crowd that keeping them from making really funny commercials that may also be offensive to some.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-07-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay