Started on: 02-06-2011 08:41 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: kwagner on 02-06-2011 09:47 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
--and that's when the fight started.

As he rolled over in the middle of the night, still furious, he whispered, deliberately with a tinge of malice, "Yeah, you remember the biscuits?"

"What?" his wife grumbled.

"The biscuits in the e-mail. I'm bitter."

"So be bitter. See if I care. Let me sleep."

There was a long pause as she returned to dreaming about her one vacation in Italy eighteen years ago and he continued to stare up at the ceiling.

"I just think it's unfair. They looked so delicious."

"What do you want me to say? That I've never cooked for you? You think I've never made you biscuits? In the thirty years we've been married, not one biscuit?"

"Not in the last twenty-eight, I'd say."

"Go to sleep."

In the morning no one spoke to one another. She mechanically made him coffee and they circled the computer as if it itself was a virus within their home.

"I'm going out," he said coldly, on his way to work.

"Yeah, bring me a biscuit on your way home," she snapped.

Three days earlier everything had been fine. They were the most loving couple anyone had seen north of a quarter century together. Then their daughter e-mailed a photo - showing off slightly, no doubt - of a pair of beautiful biscuits she had just baked for her new husband. This being one of their first internet experiences, they sat with bated breath as the photo loaded on the screen. And two different realities quickly emerged:
1) The mother proud of having raised such a caring daughter and
2) a hungry man, resenting the golden crusted glory before him.

A stalemate ensued.

"Make me a biscuit."

"Get me flowers."

A week later she declared, "I have the divorce papers all drawn up. All they need is your signature."

"Fine, leave them on the nightstand."

She did. Hoping he wouldn't sign them. He left for the country house that weekend. She missed him. She began to bake.

When he walked through the door on Sunday there were biscuits waiting for him on the table. She was not home. He calmly ate the food, took out the papers and signed them.

When she came home he was asleep. Next to her side of the bed she saw the divorce papers. Under his name he
wrote, "They were delicious, thank you."

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-06-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Nice story...unless it is factual
Then it ISN'T
Nick
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Factual--maybe for someone.
This tho, is only our 16th year together.
(Going to the florist now.......)
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha!! Thank GOD
I'm curious though, Don...what do the 'buscuits' you call, look like?? Not like our European ones, I am sure Got a photo?
Nick
(PS it is Sunday...florists open---or is the local graveyard in full bloom right now??

Nick
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhhh!! SCONES!!! LOVE them, with butter dripping through them when they just come out the oven
Thanks Mike!
Nick
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Hahaha!! Thank GOD
I'm curious though, Don...what do the 'buscuits' you call, look like?? Not like our European ones, I am sure Got a photo?
Nick
(PS it is Sunday...florists open---or is the local graveyard in full bloom right now??

Nick

Chinamart Supercenter. It's always open--except Christmas Day..
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Ahhhhh!! SCONES!!! LOVE them, with butter dripping through them when they just come out the oven
Thanks Mike!
Nick

I guess we both learned something today (I wondered what a scone was)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock