Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I'm not dead. However another Capt Fiero did pass away. So RIP to Curry Obenshain

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I'm not dead. However another Capt Fiero did pass away. So RIP to Curry Obenshain by Capt Fiero
Started on: 02-06-2011 02:15 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: cliffw on 02-06-2011 11:05 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
This post is two fold. First I just want to let people that have heard of Capt Fiero's passing, that I am alive and well and living in Canada. So please don't freak out about me. I knew Curry from chatting online, when I first made the transition from Car guy to Car guy / computer geek, I went online and used my real life nickname of Capt Fiero. He popped up and said HEY THATS MY NICKNAME. So I changed mine to Capt Fiero of BC, and even had an email captfieroofbc@shaw.ca. We chatted on the old Fiero.org mailing list while it was run by Peter Zurich. This was back around late 97 early 98. We chatted a few times more over the years and when I decided I wanted to register captfiero.com I contacted him and asked his permission. He kinda laughed and thanked me for asking permission, and he said he had no desire to own the name or create a site, so I got it rolling. He did not mind that I used Capt Fiero on PFF as he was not fond of forums.

However if you did know Curry Obenshain, also known to many as Captain Fiero, passed away on Jan 30, 2011, from cancer that attacked his lungs, brain, spine and throat. He fought the cancer for 7 months, until the cancer won the battle.
Note below is from Currys Sister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may already have heard by word of mouth, but I wanted to make contact with everyone on Curry's email address list.

Curry Obenshain, also known to many as Captain Fiero, passed away on Jan 30, 2011, from a very aggressive cancer that attacked his lungs, brain, spine and throat. He had been diagnosed on June 21, 2010, and fought the cancer for 7 months, until the cancer won the battle. He will truly be missed!

His Obituary can be found at: http://www.legacy.com/obitu...nshain&pid=148274754 Please visit this website, and leave a message on the "guest book". We would appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and comments.

If you would like to contact me, feel free to reply to this email, or you can call me at 717-512-5104.

Tina Obenshain Donofrio (Curry's little sister)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP another Fiero owner with a long history in the Fiero community.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the link to the other thread, I will copy the message that his sister sent me and post it in the other thread.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Dammit !

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock