Started on: 02-04-2011 03:43 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: naskie18 on 02-04-2011 06:44 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I didnt know these facts about E85 fuel vehicles

" In vehicles using E-85 fuel, Flexible Fuel Special engine oil (part # 4318086 or equivalent Manufacturers Standards MS-9214) is required or engine wear may be increased significantly. Not using this oil may void your engine warranty. "

" Because E-85 fuel contails less energy per gallon than gasoline, you will experience an increase in fuel consumption. You should expect your MPG, performance and driving range to decrease by about 30% compared to gasoline operation. "

Quoted from Owners Manual.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Thats because the engine cannot benefit E85, it simply can use it.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
just like the auto trans, leaded gas, FWD & engine computers.....
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Even if you could take advantage of the higher compression ratio that E85 would allow it still has substantially less energy than straight gasoline on a per-volume basis. Since the amount of energy it takes to do work such as moving a car from point A to point B stays the same regardless of how it's generated, less energy content per volume means more fuel volume burned for the same work. That's just straight math.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I didnt know these facts about E85 fuel vehicles

" Because E-85 fuel contails less energy per gallon than gasoline, you will experience an increase in fuel consumption. You should expect your MPG, performance and driving range to decrease by about 30% compared to gasoline operation. "

Quoted from Owners Manual.

And with the HHO kits from Hawkesbury Hydrogen, you can get up to 30 % more miles per tank, therefore increasing the range of your fuel tank.
www.hawkesburyhydrogen.com
based in the blue mountains in Australia
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

Thats because the engine cannot benefit E85, it simply can use it.

That's not entirely true. You'll be able to tune the engine farther on E85, as you won't run into knock like you would on gasoline. On the other hand, if you push too hard...you likely won't get the knock to warn that you're gonna blow it up, it'll just go kaboomie.

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock