Started on: 02-03-2011 12:41 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 02-04-2011 10:20 AM
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
My son's '01 Jeep has a soft top, and either somebody cut it, or it tore/cracked. A complete new soft top, or hard top, is completely out of the cost range.

Can the clear rear window itself be repaired? Or can just the zippered rear window replaced?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Not sure about the Jeep, but a place that works on convertible tops or custom boat tops might be able to help you out and save you the cost of a new top.
McTamney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
I wanted my front ones tinted. A shop here said they could cut the clear plastic out and put in the tinted pieces for me so i assume it could be done. If not this should be what your looking for.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11138_703.htm
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Hit up quadratec great knowledge groupe of guys and there shop is litterley 10 min away from my house. . i'm sure they would sell some kind of zip up window.... Bit of advice that i followed when I had my jeep. Cheap CD player and dont leave anything valuable in it when you have the soft top on. And always always always leave your doors unlocked with the soft top up.... If someone wants somthing there going to take it but remember. It is always cheaper to replace a walmart radio than it is to replace a soft top. What i don't get is its not that hard to break into a wrangler all you need to know how to do is use a zipper.... I geuss hoodlums these days dont stay in school long enough to know how to do that

I still my my old monster.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-03-2011).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Sorry this happened - If you weren't from Jersey, I'd say someone probaby cut it, but after the weather we have been having, it actually might have happened from the wind or when something small hit the plastic. Early one morning, I went to take out the plastic cover for my son's stroller (similiar material) and it shattered in my hand when I went to pick it up (didn't use much force) and the normally flexible material was as brittle as paperthin ice. one piece I brought inside was fine once it warmed up. Not sure how cold it was out, but this was INSIDE the car...
I KNOW there are other places that get MUCH MUCH lowere temps, but I'm just tellin' ya what happened when I came across a similiar material at sub-frozen temps...

Hope you are able to get it repaired for a decent price - till then, seal it on both sides with clear packing tape and call it a day.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 02-03-2011).]

McTamney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Hit up quadratec great knowledge groupe of guys and there shop is litterley 10 min away from my house. . i'm sure they would sell some kind of zip up window.... Bit of advice that i followed when I had my jeep. Cheap CD player and dont leave anything valuable in it when you have the soft top on. And always always always leave your doors unlocked with the soft top up.... If someone wants somthing there going to take it but remember. It is always cheaper to replace a walmart radio than it is to replace a soft top. What i don't get is its not that hard to break into a wrangler all you need to know how to do is use a zipper.... I geuss hoodlums these days dont stay in school long enough to know how to do that

I still my my old monster.

You should have kept it. I'm on WF also and have seen it. I liked it.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by McTamney:

You should have kept it. I'm on WF also and have seen it. I liked it.

beleave me after this winter i wish i did keep it but it was killing me on gas. I could litterley watch my gas gauge deplete while driving.

I wish i had kept my hardtop. I would have sold it to the O/P cheap... it was a best top targa to.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-04-2011).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
My firebird was a convertible and I replaced just the rear window at a place that specialized in convertible tops. But that was 40 years ago. I am sure if you look up convertible top repair or something similar you will find what you need.

http://premierupholstery.co...s/convtop/convrepair

http://www.ehow.com/how_504...convertible-top.html

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 02-04-2011).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Will this fit?

http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/2196671984.html

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock