Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Need a job? Can/will U relocate? Saudi Aramco Houston is looking for new hires

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Need a job? Can/will U relocate? Saudi Aramco Houston is looking for new hires by maryjane
Started on: 02-02-2011 06:19 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: twofatguys on 02-03-2011 02:01 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Saudi Aramco has been advertising for jobs on Houston radio stations for a couple of weeks now. "Bring 2 copies of your resume".
I forget which hotel or convention center it is being held at, but you can go to Saudi Aramco's website and find out and look at their job listings.

http://jobs.businessweek.co...Aramco/l-Houston,+TX

http://www.jobsataramco.com/Home/Job.aspx

Aviation, nursing, instructors, medical, oilfield, engineers,--it's a long list.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
In the mid 1970s to the mid 1980s, the Arabian kingdom required contractors to surrender their passports. I heard horror stories about good technicians being held as virtual captives because they were too valuable for the kingdom to let them leave. I hope this situaiton has eased since.

One guy built a crate, addressed it to a company in Germany and prayed that they would put the box in the pressurized part of the plane. He broke out of the crate at Rhein-Main and got a replacement passport from the Frankfurt consulate.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
As nice as it sounds considering i want out of NY. You lost me @ "Saudi".
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I know quite a few people who have worked or still are working in Saudi or Kuwait. If I were younger, I would jump in with both feet.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
This sounds great.
Some of them are requiring to be a US citizen..... i am not YET
The boss here doesn't seem to want to get parts for these radio, How can I fix 2 ways without new parts?
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
being an american contractor in foreign countries can pad your bank account & move you up in the world financially,, the danger or discomfort element pays well , there is always risk.
normally you can get out of the country before the knife reaches your throat
when you work in a foreign country where there is any chance of harm to you make friends with a FIXER
a FIXER is a local who knows how to get around bureaucrats,customs ,getting things done smoothing the way,,& when a crisis arise, where you want to get out ,before your friends beg for embassy help
if in a country on vacation for a few weeks ,a fixer with a car is best way to travel ,spend a few shekles for security & a Local that has connections
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
A fluffer <> A fixer?
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

This sounds great.
Some of them are requiring to be a US citizen..... i am not YET
The boss here doesn't seem to want to get parts for these radio, How can I fix 2 ways without new parts?

Cannibalization? Seriously, Motorola wanted to buy all our old surplus Saber portables to use for parts on service contracts. The radios were discontinued years ago but were still popular then. That was five or six years ago.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

A fluffer < A fixer.

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 02-03-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock