Spray gun problem... by PerKr
Started on: 02-02-2011 03:20 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: PerKr on 02-04-2011 05:11 PM
PerKr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
so I picked my spray gun out of its winter storage. And apparently, I've had it stored a bit too cold as the plastic container had cracked. As I couldn't clamp it (apparently they decided to use an interference fit for the metal adapter and the plastic container) to reweld, I'm looking for alternatives. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do? Has anyone made their own containers for their sprayguns? I've tried finding spare containers, but so far, the price seem to be about what I paid for the gun (which is ridiculous for something that would cost the manufacturer about $5 to make)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
What gun? If it's an IWATA or SATA you should be able to find replacement pots at any reputable paint supply house or online. If' it's a no-name like Harbor Freight it'll be easier to just buy another gun.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

What gun? If it's an IWATA or SATA you should be able to find replacement pots at any reputable paint supply house or online. If' it's a no-name like Harbor Freight it'll be easier to just buy another gun.

I think the big issue is that he is in Sweden. The shipping from the U.S must be a killer.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps a member here could ship him a replacement?

Brad
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Sata is made in germany shoulnt have a prob w that one if thats it....
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
If your not in a big hurry, just wait for some auto swap meets. I buy spare cups for all my guns all the time for $5-$10 all day long brand new. You might want to look for an aluminum one that wont crack. There same prices.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-03-2011).]

PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
I contacted Iwata, as their W400 has the same M16x1.5 female fitting for the cup as the gun I have. My gun is a rather cheap one though so far it's good enough for me (no point in having an expensive gun when you're not doing a lot more painting than what I'm planning). Guess what the Iwata cup would cost me? About $100 (at the current dollar/SEK rate). At the same time, a new gun of the kind I have would be half that. Right now I am looking at three used Iwata cups being auctioned separately (currently at $5 each). If I don't score one of those, I discovered today that a 15mm LDPE tube (which I can get for free) cut to a manageable length could work as a paint container. I would have to refill more often, but it could still be used as opposed to just being discarded.

*edit to add: it's not that I couldn't afford a new gun like it, I just don't like the idea of scrapping it because of a f****d up cup

[This message has been edited by PerKr (edited 02-04-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock