Started on: 01-29-2011 08:17 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Doug85GT on 01-31-2011 04:01 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.freep.com/articl...odyssey=mod|mostview

The Detroit Police Department today released surveillance video footage showing the rampage as Lamar D. Moore entered the Northwestern District station, shooting officers before he was killed in return fire.

The video is about 1 minute and 8 seconds and shows two angles of the police station -- the front door and the front desk, pointing toward the door.

In one view Cmdr. Brian Davis is seen walking up the the desk, where Modreci Draper, owner of a shoe repair business who had come to the station to shine officers' shoes, is talking to Officer David Anderson.

In the camera view closest to the front entrance, Moore is seen walking into the building, but a gun is not visible. Then you can see him walk close to the desk.

Davis is talking to Sgt. Ray Saati, with his back initially turned to Moore. Draper leans down, wiping salt from Anderson's shoes, he told the Free Press Thursday. Suddenly, there is a blast and Anderson falls away into a corridor, with only his feet visible in the frame.

Moore shoots down another hallway, where Sgt. Carrie Schulz is shot in her bullet-proof vest. From that corridor, Sgts. Mike Ingels and James Kirkland begin shooting at Moore, who backs up, according to police.

Behind the desk, Davis takes Saati's gun and he and Officer Theodore Jackson begin shooting over the desk at Moore, who hurls himself over the counter.

Moore moves toward Davis, who extends his right arm, shooting at point-blank range with the gunman. Moore shoots and hits Davis' hand and Davis is also hit in the back. He takes cover, while Moore moves to the other side of the desk area. At this point, according to police, Moore is mortally wounded.

Davis throws a trash can at Moore, who staggers and falls into chairs.

Moore was killed in the gunfight. All four officers wounded are recovering.

In a message that opens the video, Police Chief Ralph Godbee said the department wanted to release the surveillance video to maintain a commitment to transparency, show the public heroism by the officers along with the inherent dangers that come with police work, and for the benefit of the greater body of law enforcement.

Godbee said that if “there are lessons to be learned that we share them with our brothers and sisters in law enforcement across the country.”

As well, Godbee said the video shows “tremendous acts of heroism that rarely individuals get a chance to see — Detroit police officers in action.”
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
[quote]All four officers wounded are recovering. [quote]

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 01-29-2011).]

The Warden

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The WardenSend a Private Message to The WardenDirect Link to This Post
just another day in the D... lol j/k.

That really is awful. I send my condolences to the officers.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-29-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Ya, wishes go to them and their families.

Isn't private gun ownership banned in Detroit, or at least heavily restricted?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I'm kinda surprised at the layout of the police station. I grew up in a nice little town, and you cannot talk to anyone at the station face to face. Its all through bullet resistant glass.

I'm glad they will all make it. I hope they get a raise.
turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Ya, wishes go to them and their families.

Isn't private gun ownership banned in Detroit, or at least heavily restricted?

Seriously?! Like it would stop freaks like this guy.....but no I have never hears of any restrictions other than most normal municipalities.

What was just sad was one of the news station here was with the shooters family as they released the video. There reaction was the typical trying to defend the guy by saying stuff like "the video was edited and ddin't show the whole event" and "they didn't see any shot gun in his hand" and "he didn't shoot first", etc.....I was ready to throw the remote through the screen because they were trying to deny everything they were literally seeing before there eyes. It was discusting.

Too bad the cops didn't drop that azzhat after his first shot was fired.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Warden:

just another day in the D... lol j/k.

did you see that cop dialing 911? lol j/k.

There's alot more truth to that than you can imagine. Seems like everyday someone is getting shot, raped or murdered in the D. I don't travel south of 8-mile road anymore, just too dangerous.

The shooting starts at 1:30 in the video.

I really think that the gunman was trying to commit suicide by police, my opinion.

Anyone notice how fast the gunmans house got fire bombed after the shooting and matter of fact, the fire department got called out twice for his house. Nothing left afterwards, evidence for the police got incinerated.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-29-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

Seriously?! Like it would stop freaks like this guy.....but no I have never hears of any restrictions other than most normal municipalities.

I didn't mean to imply anything, I was just curious what the rules were up in Detroit these days. Nothing else, like Chicago it would serve as a poster-city of why 'control' is ineffective.

( I'm pro-gun rights, just for the record, but I didn't want to go into a political discussion, and minimalize what took place )
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-29-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by jetman:

did you see that cop dialing 911? lol j/k.

There's alot more truth to that than you can imagine. Seems like everyday someone is getting shot, raped or murdered in the D. I don't travel south of 8-mile road anymore, just too dangerous.

In the late 80s when i was working for GM i spent one winter in Flint. The car show was there at the time and we went, as a group. Even then it was just 'known' that you didn't go alone.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

I really think that the gunman was trying to commit suicide by police, my opinion.

I don't think so.

"Police have not determined a motive for Moore's rampage. The day after, his younger brother was sentenced to up to 60 years in prison for the shooting deaths last year of two men at a Detroit auto repair shop."

http://www.kansascity.com/2...sed-in-detroit.html#

another report

"Details emerged Monday night that may explain what first appeared to be an unprovoked attack.

Moore had been implicated in the kidnapping and sexual assault of a runaway teenage girl, according to an official familiar with the investigation.

She escaped Sunday afternoon from Moore's house on Sorrento, sought help and police were called, according to the official, who said it was after this that Moore shot up the station."

http://www.freep.com/articl...suspected-kidnapping
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
This shooting is all Bush's fault.

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 01-31-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I don't think so.

"Police have not determined a motive for Moore's rampage. The day after, his younger brother was sentenced to up to 60 years in prison for the shooting deaths last year of two men at a Detroit auto repair shop."

http://www.kansascity.com/2...sed-in-detroit.html#

another report

"Details emerged Monday night that may explain what first appeared to be an unprovoked attack.

Moore had been implicated in the kidnapping and sexual assault of a runaway teenage girl, according to an official familiar with the investigation.

She escaped Sunday afternoon from Moore's house on Sorrento, sought help and police were called, according to the official, who said it was after this that Moore shot up the station."

http://www.freep.com/articl...suspected-kidnapping

That explains it. I am glad that no one else besides the rapist was killed. I hope the officers have a speedy recovery.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock