Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Is it bad I have never filed taxes? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Is it bad I have never filed taxes? by 87antuzzi
Started on: 01-26-2011 01:09 AM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Nebiros88 on 01-27-2011 09:57 PM
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Anybody else notice that there is always the same questions about taxes each year around here?
IP: Logged
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I have worked at plenty of real jobs, i just never filed taxes . I also sold cars a lot back in california and sold parts. But none of that was taxed.

Somewhere in the tax code is a clause saying "Voluntary Compliance". Based on that you probably have nothing to worry about????

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Somewhere in the tax code is a clause saying "Voluntary Compliance". Based on that you probably have nothing to worry about????

Spoon

Tell that to anyone ever imprisoned for tax evasion.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Tell that to anyone ever imprisoned for tax evasion.

True, tax evasion can send one to prison but failure to file "under V/C" doesn't produce a document proving you owe tax or don't owe tax. A person can very well not owe tax on income and not bother filing which is still wrong.

Evasion comes into play when one deliberately enters wrong info on the return or hides assets, or "Cooks The Books", yada, yada.
Without a filed return, none of this can happen. Bottom line one would have to self incriminate themselves by sending in a false return to be evading taxes.

I agree he should come clean and figure out where he stands on taxes.

If I were in his shoes I would find a trusted friend familiar with filing a return and see where the ducks land. I would not trust some of the service providers that do taxes. They can very easily turn him in and claim the reward from the IRS.

Always think of a tax return as a Self Incriminating Document signed by ones self.

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

Nebiros88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
(Rant)
(/Rant)

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 01-27-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay