Started on: 01-24-2011 05:15 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: blackrams on 01-24-2011 08:49 PM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
So this local bar owner, and husband of the recently defeated incumbent mayor of our fair city, goes to a hockey tournament in a nearby town.

He has a few and heads out on the freeway and pulls a pit maneuver on a middle aged woman in a Pontiac G6. Not good, but he continues on, all the while being observed and followed by a driving instructor who has written a book on safe driving.... ooopps. Anyway this is in a snow storm and he is observed weaving all over the road. Then he gets off the freeway on a side road and sideswipes another car. He carries on, all the while being followed. He parks his Avalanche in a stranger's driveway, but sees he's been followed and moves the truck to another driveway. He then takes off on foot and by this time the Police have called in the K-9 unit and a couple of cops run him down in the snow.

So now he is charged with a slew of offenses and is facing a $11 million law suit by the woman he pitted.

http://www.lfpress.com/news.../01/24/17008141.html

Today he took the stand and this is his side of the story.

http://www.lfpress.com/news.../01/24/17015186.html

Comments anyone?

Arn
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Having read the story, I don't know how the results of any sobriety tests are applied for the DUI charges. "Best's blood alcohol readings were estimated at 140 and 130 milligrams of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood." That information doesn't tell me what the standard is.

The article says, "As far as the $11 million law suit, he appears to be guilty of hit and run. I think $11 mil. is a bit excessive but, I'm not on the jury.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-24-2011).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
If she died, $11M seems pretty fair compensation. If she's still alive, paid medical expenses plus compensation for the injury, say $100,000. Next case.

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Amazing how some think they're above the law or know those who have connections. "Both officers described a very chatty Best asking them to call his wife and the former London chief of police, Murray Faulkner, who retired last year"-nothing new here folks.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Two sets of laws..one set for the commoner, another set for those with political connection. How do you think Teddy Kennedy got away with drunk driving and allowing Mary J to drown in his car. And the population of Massachusetts kept him on a pedistal and sending him back to the senate decade after decade.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Two sets of laws..one set for the commoner, another set for those with political connection. How do you think Teddy Kennedy got away with drunk driving and allowing Mary J to drown in his car. And the population of Massachusetts kept him on a pedistal and sending him back to the senate decade after decade.

One word comes to mind: "Dumbasses."
But then, Kennedy got away with it, so perhaps not.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
wow check this link from that site

Girl electrocuted in honour killing
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS.../01/23/17000961.html
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Today he took the stand and this is his side of the story.

http://www.lfpress.com/news.../01/24/17015186.html

Comments anyone?

Nice story.

Nope, I only started getting drunk after all the wrecks and odd behavour........
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Having read the story, I don't know how the results of any sobriety tests are applied for the DUI charges. "Best's blood alcohol readings were estimated at 140 and 130 milligrams of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood." That information doesn't tell me what the standard is.

The article says, "As far as the $11 million law suit, he appears to be guilty of hit and run. I think $11 mil. is a bit excessive but, I'm not on the jury.

In Ontario the standard is 80 milligrams, but if you are over 50 milligrams you still lose your car for 7 days and get a ticket.

Arn
McTamney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
Why do bars have parking lots if drunk driving is illegal? Thats all i got.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

In Ontario the standard is 80 milligrams, but if you are over 50 milligrams you still lose your car for 7 days and get a ticket.

Arn

Well, that pretty much answers the DUI question for me.

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock