moving out! by joshh44
Started on: 01-24-2011 12:22 AM
Replies: 22
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 01-26-2011 11:25 AM
joshh44

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
Moving out of the parents house on Febuary 1st. i found a 1 bedroom suite. kitchen, bathroom, own laundry to!
$550 amonth.
with my debt almost paid off in full. better job. i can finally get out of my parents place and make my own rules.
being 22. its about time i start being a real man

just wanted to share my happy moment with you all
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Good luck to you! I want to be in the same boat as yourself but monetary funds right now are seriously lacking Plus i want to go through school first.
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
ya i would like to go to school also. but my parents have been driving me up the wall for the past 2 to 3 years now. i moved out once and loved it but forced back home due to being laid off from work
now that i have a steady job with lots of work for the future and an amazing boss to work for.
im able to save money for schooling and in the next year or 2. i could take a course i would like to take. which is HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and AirConditioning) tech.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I already have a year into Automotive Braking and Electrical but i found that the thought of basically ripping people off for work that costs little in parts etc kinda doesn't sit well with me.

I am pretty dead set on becoming a police officer in some sort or other. Im REALLY leaning towards being a Tribal police officer as i know the local Reservation (of which im on nearly once a week to visit friends) needs more officers and they are hesitant of hiring non native people due to the thought of them not being respected the same as a native officer. The thought process is sound when you think about it a little and i have to agree.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Congrats! When I moved out of my parents house and started to provide for myself, I was proud. I am sure you feel the same as it is very rewarding. Its nice to come home after a long day at work to see the fruits of your labor. Keep up the hard work and stick with the plan you have. I was 19 when I moved out, I am now 21. Again, Congrats and Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Brad
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
thanks all
will be tough for the first 6 months since i dont have to much furniture and other things like that. but im looking forward to being able to own my own stuff!
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. Just be careful to only spend money you already have( unless for property mortgage). If you have a data plan on your phone, babysit craigslist free section and the furniture will take care of itself. No reason to buy new, if you hookup with a woman at some point, she will make you replace it anyway. I had a rocker glider that was given to me (divorce deal) worth $550 that I had to give away. The people that got it were furnishing their house from Craigslist, moved from Los Angeles leaving all but some clothes and a car.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Just make sure to keep some money tucked away in case things get tight or sudden un-forseen happenings. Me, well, I was too frivolous with my cash and bought way too many cars with no place to put them. Then I had no money to pay for rent, and no job Lucky I had such a great lady to take care of me! She never will let that whole thing slide though... heh...

Dave

------------------
BAZOOKAFIERO's Junk

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

MJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MJSend a Private Message to MJDirect Link to This Post
Too bad that you're a little too far away to celebrate groundhog's day (Feb 2nd,) on your own...
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
i dont celerbrate groundhog day. its just an everyday normal day to me.
i do have a woman in my life. dating 6 months. she has a place of her own. we are both christian people so we are doing things differently then some people. moving in and all the fun stuff after marrage if we end up that way :P
anyways
i got everything all worked out for money wise and a money plan type of thing i guess you can call it.
people from the church i go to has already offered me quite abit of stuff. like free pots and pans and all the goodies for the kitchen. so im quite happy about that.
ill be going to the dollar store and buying some plates and cups and such. i only need enough for my self till i can aford some decent quality stuff.
gotta start somewhere the fun of living on your own!
thanks for the tips by the way
PFF
System Bot
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your new life! Its a big change that takes some getting used to as you figure out how you want to do everything on your own. I moved out when I was 18 with my brothers and rented a house in town. It was a lot of fun having friends over whenever and working on cars out in the shed whenever I wanted. Just don't go overboard on getting stuff as you'll have to move it all eventually.

Craiglist is freaking awesome, you can get pretty much anything that you could need for your house for cheap. All my furniture has either been given to me from friends or I've gotten it from Craigslist for cheap. And if you need to move anywhere far, just sell it and buy new stuff when you get to your new destination.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshh44:

Moving out of the parents house on Febuary 1st. i found a 1 bedroom suite. kitchen, bathroom, own laundry to!
$550 amonth.
with my debt almost paid off in full. better job. i can finally get out of my parents place and make my own rules.
being 22. its about time i start being a real man

I tend to agree and I am extremely happy for you (and your parents).

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-24-2011).]

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I tend to agree and I am extremely happy for you (and your parents).

As a parent, my goal was to raise children that would be independent and have the means to go out on their own. It was a proud moment in my life when they did that. I'm sure your parents feel the same way.

My daughter (and her now husband) each had their own apartment until they were married. Although it is hard on the budget, you won't regret it.

Check out Craigslist for furniture and thrift stores in your area for other stuff you'll be needing on the cheap.

[This message has been edited by FrugalFiero (edited 01-24-2011).]

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
i have been looking for a tv. i found a 61" HDTV LCD screen for $80! when i called it was sold
but thanks for the tips on looking for furniture and such! ill be sure to check them everyday!
I just got my key to the basement suite today they said i can start moving stuff in whenever and start living Feb. 1st.
just gotta head to the bank. get out some rent money to give them.
my boss at work is giving me a huge dresser! so thats one things on my list crossed off!

i been sleeping on a fueton or however you want to spell it.
so i been looking for beds. new beds are freakishly expensive!!! guess i got to find a used one :P

random question. how much do you guys spend for food each month? i eat alot so i budgeted about $300 - $350 for food each month. is that alittle overkill for a person living on there own? im only buying food for myself. i tend to over budget alittle bit.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
$300/mo for food? You must eat out a lot.

Beds are really cheap, if you know where to look. The frames can be had at any used furniture place for around $25 max. You don't really need a headboard. Mattresses are the killer, and I can't really advise buying a used one. Shop around, I have bought a new set (full size) for as little as $200, but not much high quality to them.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Can you explain how this works to my children?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations and good luck! Remember not to burn the bridge back to your parents house. You never know if you will need to use it again.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Congrats !!

LOL, at 21 I moved 3,000 miles to Californiacation THAT was fun (shoulda picked Atlanta, I might still be living south of the border)...but the appartment is a great 1st step .

(OH, and dont forget that mom's restaurant is ALWAYS open--even in your 40's )
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post
I have found the only way to budget food is by the day. Try eating on 15 a day, thats what I do. I'm 28 and single fwiw.

[This message has been edited by WBailey1041 (edited 01-25-2011).]

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
thanks
and yes. the mothers resturant is always open for me moms always make the best food.
im not to far away from my parents house. its 5 mins walking distance! oh well. cant beat $550 a month for a full basement suite thats the cheapest i have ever seen here. iv seen single bedrooms being rented out for almost that much. housing is expensive here where i live. i dont know what its like down in the states for housing costs.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, !

Originally posted by joshh44:
... will be tough for the first 6 months since i dont have to much furniture and other things like that.

I was dropping off my work uniforms for cleaning and had to go by a furniture store's warehouse. I saw an old recliner sitting out front. I was thinking it would make a good replacement for my dog's worn out one. It was for give-a-way. The guy said I should have been there an hour earlier, that they had a bunch of them. I did not ask what happened to them.
Point is, is that new furniture stores, when delivering furniture, take the old away for the owners. The chair I was given was a very nice swivel rocking recliner. Too bad the wife didn't like it, it didn't match.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Too bad the wife didn't like it, it didn't match.

So get rid of the wife.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock