Started on: 01-23-2011 10:49 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 01-25-2011 08:49 AM
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
arrggghhh

Ok, I recently broke down and decided to upgrade my one computer that was running WIndows 2000 server to XP Pro (clean install - with SP3) - NOW:

1) I am now having problems opening the shared folders on the XP machine - I can see the folders on the windows machine, but when I try to open any of the folders I get:

\\server\public_html is not accessiable. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

2) I have gone through the whole process of installing php/apache/etc and also can no longer seem to connect to the XP Pro machine now through the internet.

...just can't win - needed to upgrade to use newer versions of the http software, now nothing works.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
You are trying to access XP shares from a Win7 machine or vice versa?

If the first, things to check:
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

You are trying to access XP shares from a Win7 machine or vice versa?

If the first, things to check:

Hi,

Trying to access XP shares on the Windows 7 machine. Thanks for the list, I am sure all the above is done, but it does not hurt to go and look at them all again one-by-one since I have been trying to deal with this for over a week now and may have simply over looked one of the above (or made a 'bad' change to them).

One thing I did notice is that the clock on the XP machine was set to the wrong time zone - however, that didn't help once I switched it back (heard that could be a problem as well).

Thanks again, for the list and will step through it once I get back home.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
well - still no joy - all settings are as shown above.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock