Started on: 01-23-2011 12:49 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Blacktree on 01-23-2011 09:46 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I am currently on my third day without smoking any cigaretts. Suprised that I have not wigged out yet. That is all...

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
For a lot of people, The first 3-4 days are the worst. For others, quitting isn't so bad. For some, every day is a nightmare...missing it constantly.

For me, I don't think about it most days at ALL, except when something really bad happens at work, pretty rare occasion... When that happens, I MIGHT partake of 1 smoke.

Glad it hasn't been so bad for you. Hope you never smoke again.
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
You seem to me to be the kind of person to make it.

Whenever you feel like you want a cigarette, just tell yourself, "I can't. I don't smoke."
It works every hour of every day for me......
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
Good going, your doing great. Light one up you lose, that's been my method for the last 4 years. Smoked for almost 40 years and still have cravings. I'm still winning.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, winning is so much better. I am currently using the e-cig that I bought a year ago. I need my crutch.

I too feel that having one is like blowing it all to hell. So, cold turkey on the flame sticks.

The reason for me telling the forum, is for moral support. If I smoke, I will let you know, and expect to be ridiculed for it.

I have smoked consistantly since about 21. The past 17 years. There have been some breaks, but nothing to write home about. I feel that this one will stick. Just so many reasons to quit.

Tony
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
After a few hours I am ready to tear someone’s head off. Good luck to you. The longest I have ever gone without a cigarette was 3 months after my bypass surgery. Then I had one while I was changing the trany on the caravan at a friends who smoked.

I missed smoking the most when I am welding and waiting for things to cool down. It was kind of my timing tool. Or when I was on a long road trip, I would almost chain smoke.

As I sit here smoking another cigarette.

Again good luck, and don’t kill anyone.
Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, Tony.
What I found was that the urge to smoke comes at intervals, like waves. Whether you smoke, or whether you don't, the urge will go away.
The longer you go without smoking, the fewer and less intense the urges become. (I've been quit since November of '88 and I still feel the urge, sometimes.)

Be careful. It's easy to substitute one bad habit for another, just looking for "something to do". I found that I drank way too much for a while, until I recognized what was going on.

I had a G/F that said that I just needed something else to do with my hands and something else to stick in my mouth. She was a great help in that regard.

Edit - I did tell my Rice Krispies to STFU a few times.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-23-2011).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
You guys kill me. Today has been tough, but I am steadfast. I spent the day out in my garage working on Fiero projects, and more than once reached for a cigarette. I actually reached, but there were none there. Just weird.

Thanks for the support also. It will be needed.

Tony
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
Go, Tony, Go...

good luck, habits are very hard to break.

Doug
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Good for you, Tony.

I quit smoking over 6 years ago, and never looked back. Nowadays, people look at me and say "I can't picture you as a smoker". Neither can I.

Anyway, best of luck. Lots of people have freed themselves from that nasty habit. You can, too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock