Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Awesome short film: 13 Minute Superhero Epic filmed for $300 by amateurs.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Awesome short film: 13 Minute Superhero Epic filmed for $300 by amateurs. by Synthesis
Started on: 01-22-2011 11:09 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Gecko on 01-23-2011 05:05 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Lazy Teenage Superheros : Warning, some language

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 01-22-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, although that is much more than $300 to produce that.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Very cool, although that is much more than $300 to produce that.

According to the film maker/producer/writer, all the same person, he stated he only spent a total of 300 dollars.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

According to the film maker/producer/writer, all the same person, he stated he only spent a total of 300 dollars.

Yeah, but then what does the HD cameras cost, the editing software, the CG software, the computer that needs to all this with and etc.

Saying $300 they are basically saying that they didn't pay the actors, for licensing,pay for regulation compliance, pay for on-site production cost, and all of that.

Just they shot the movie in an abandon part of town, paid nobody, borrowed props and went with it. I can understand that.

But you cannot make a film like that for $300 without stealing all the equipment and software needed to able to film, edit and CGI it.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Regardless of cost, I thought it was very well done(not that I agree with all of the content, but then again, it's not my art).

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 01-23-2011).]

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Yeah, but then what does the HD cameras cost, the editing software, the CG software, the computer that needs to all this with and etc.

Saying $300 they are basically saying that they didn't pay the actors, for licensing,pay for regulation compliance, pay for on-site production cost, and all of that.

Just they shot the movie in an abandon part of town, paid nobody, borrowed props and went with it. I can understand that.

But you cannot make a film like that for $300 without stealing all the equipment and software needed to able to film, edit and CGI it.

Open Source, yo! You can also get small HD Camcorders for fairly cheap, as well. And I would assume the actors were his friends.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. But still, that was sweet. Thanks for sharing it, Chris!

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snowblindburd:

Open Source, yo! You can also get small HD Camcorders for fairly cheap, as well. And I would assume the actors were his friends.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. But still, that was sweet. Thanks for sharing it, Chris!

There's open source software that's capable of this? Send it my way!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

There's open source software that's capable of this? Send it my way!

Cinerlla. Its free and packs quite a punch. Its for linux only
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Cinerlla. Its free and packs quite a punch. Its for linux only

Ugh. I haven't gotten a linux version to properly see my graphics card. Even with the correct supposed drivers.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Ugh. I haven't gotten a linux version to properly see my graphics card. Even with the correct supposed drivers.

What card do you have?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember off hand (I'm not on my home computer now) but it is an NVIDIA chipset.
PFF
System Bot
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
I actually thought it was pretty well done.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock