Started on: 01-20-2011 10:34 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Nurb432 on 01-21-2011 11:39 AM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I was going start my 2nd job today. BOOOOOOO. Snow made me lose money. BOOOOOO
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88GTV-8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Direct Link to This Post
Was it that bad?

I am in Tex and its getting colder. I do not want snow or any thing falling from the sky
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Why? We have snow all the time (usually) and I still make it to work.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I still going to go to the other job tonight. But still. I was going to start the new job today, I called him because he told me to in case it snowed. He said they might not even open today.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
2nd job should have been in Texas!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

2nd job should have been in Texas!

I would not mind a bit. I will just hop on the private plane brad has and be there in jiffy.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Got about 10" right now, supposed to be a foot by tonight. Gonna be 3 degrees tonight, too. Yay.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
5" for us today, and i think low 20's for temp.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTV-8:

Was it that bad?

I am in Tex and its getting colder. I do not want snow or any thing falling from the sky

I hate winter--I hate it's guts and feathers. It has, for all intents and purposes, rained a cold miserable rain for the last 2 months.
And the scientists said we were going to have a warmer drier winter this year.
It hasn't been terribly cold (yet) but gawd it has been wet!

Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
We have about 12-15 inches in Bemidji, MN, and the temp is hovering around zero, but don't worry, you'll never miss work, everybody is used to it so they just go anyway
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Meh. Not a fan of this winter so far.

First, that 'Blizzard' + poor cleanup.
Then another 10 inches, then 5, then icestorm, now + 10 inches expected tonight.

Best part was during one of the storms, the Mayor told everyone not to go out at all unless it was a total emergency due to the snow and terrible driving conditions...but he didn't cancel school or other things. So the teachers and worker bees can somehow magically get to/from work without using the roads...Wheeeee!
PFF
System Bot
W Scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for W ScottSend a Private Message to W ScottDirect Link to This Post
In the winter time I love it when it snows. I enjoy being outside in the winter - down hill skiing, snowmobling and even going for a walk. I enjoy driving in the snow too, you can slide the car around, etc. Plus most people don't like driving in the snow so they stay off the roads which I really like too.

Come spring time, it's time for a change and I don't like snow anymore. Let's bring on the warm weather and get rid of the cold and the wet.

I also love the summer time, there as so many things you can do outside, motorcycling, swimming, fishing, and many, many other things. Summer is awesome!

But when fall comes I enjoy it too. The weathers a little cooler you can go outside with out all the humidity and the heat. The changing of the leaves, etc.

And then winter returns and it starts all over again and I enjoy the snow once again.

[This message has been edited by W Scott (edited 01-20-2011).]

red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
do you even know what snow is? heck put a foot on the ground i still go to work, 2 feet depends on if im clearing 8 places if im clearing twice a day at that point.

and i don't have 4wd just a fyi. or did they close due to the snow? i forget what state you guys live in, thought it was a bit south though.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I hate winter--I hate it's guts and feathers. It has, for all intents and purposes, rained a cold miserable rain for the last 2 months.

A couple of things seeing that you are rolling your eyes at the "foolish" scientists predictions. When does winter start?? The prediction maps you show are a general trend for a large area, not for your backyard.

You can check to see what the actual data says if you'd like and compare them to what you have experienced and the predictions if you'd like.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/te...ter=1&state=41&div=0
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
What was your second job? Mowing lawns? Washing cars?
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

What was your second job? Mowing lawns? Washing cars?

He was gonna be in the walmart bathroom by that little hole in the stall.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
You are not in California anymore. I went for a 40 mile bicycle ride last weekend with another 55 miles planned this weekend. Not having snow is fun.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

I hate winter--I hate it's guts and feathers.

Got my vote................we're supposed to get 3-6" by tomorrow morning. Low 20's teens overnight.............yech
HAGO!
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Yay. lol I make money when it snows so im opposite. Bring it i say. lol
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
At work. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORK! OMG......This chick is hawt
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-20-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

I prefer winter myself. Here its been a tad colder and wetter then normal.
PFF
System Bot
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
I like it when it snows. The cloud cover makes it warmer. I get to do more work (LOL). The new snow makes everything so pretty.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
I'd take some snow, then it might warm up a bit.

You think it's cold in TX.. bwahahahahah

http://www.myfoxtwincities....innesota-jan-20-2011
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

A couple of things seeing that you are rolling your eyes at the "foolish" scientists predictions. When does winter start?? The prediction maps you show are a general trend for a large area, not for your backyard.

You can check to see what the actual data says if you'd like and compare them to what you have experienced and the predictions if you'd like.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/te...ter=1&state=41&div=0

That "general area" is the entire south. I guess you haven't kept up with weather news this winter? It's been a very cold wet winter with ice, snow, and rain all over that "large area" (from Texas to the Carolinas, to Florida) that was predicted to be "warmer and drier". The Farmer's Almanac came much closer to getting it right.

The original thread from last October. Yeah I know Newf, regardless of how many instances there are for the year, all evidence to the contrary for this year's prediction is nothing more than antecdotal evidence.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/079335.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-21-2011).]

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierowitch:

I like it when it snows. The cloud cover makes it warmer. I get to do more work (LOL). The new snow makes everything so pretty.

I can appreciate how you feel about the snow, Melanie, but my outlook differs. I carry mail for a living. Try walking through knee deep snow for 6 hours straight....you'll get sick of it in a hurry.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE the snow...just don't like having to commute in it!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 01-21-2011).]

88GTV-8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

At work. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORK! OMG......This chick is hawt

HAHA I think I am the only one that caught this Tuzzi LOL

I sorry though, I like snow, only when I dont have to go anywhere.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

That "general area" is the entire south. I guess you haven't kept up with weather news this winter? It's been a very cold wet winter with ice, snow, and rain all over that "large area" (from Texas to the Carolinas, to Florida) that was predicted to be "warmer and drier". The Farmer's Almanac came much closer to getting it right.

The original thread from last October. Yeah I know Newf, regardless of how many instances there are for the year, all evidence to the contrary for this year's prediction is nothing more than antecdotal evidence.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/079335.html

My point was more that as far as I know Winter started about 1 month ago so it's hard to say the prediction is wrong for the season just yet, you can use the linked NOAA site to see how the actual precipitation and temperature data compares so far. I entered the state of Texas for December and it showed a lower than average rainfall for that month, is that what you experienced as well?

Thankfully there are people that keep accurate records and don't just rely on someones memory and their hand out their window.

Oh and yeah I know MJ as long as the scientists predictions aren't 100% correct then it doesn't matter what they say because it's all wrong. With regards to "Anecdotal Evidence" that you love to keep bringing up, you keep making my point about it, just like the guy who made claims of being an expert about China's Social programs saying there weren't any because he visited there and knew a girl that said so. He never lied to me before so everything he says must be correct....right? I mean I don't think you are lying when you say this is a very wet winter but whom do I trust? The NOAA facts and figures or you. Clearly you experience weather everyday so you'd have to be an expert.

BTW I entered the "South" and "South East" for precipitation in the month of December and they both showed the least amount in over 10 years for that month. Is that correct? What does the ol' rain barrell say?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 01-21-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTV-8:

HAHA I think I am the only one that caught this Tuzzi LOL

I don't understand...?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Ok, so i was wrong on the expected temp. it was -1 this morning.

Normally id not care, but the Eldo has a waterpump leak and the Fiero's selector cable freezes under 20. Makes for a long drive.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock