Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  How to remote connect a XP machine to a Win 7 machine?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

How to remote connect a XP machine to a Win 7 machine? by Fosgatecavy98
Started on: 01-18-2011 11:30 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Pyrthian on 01-19-2011 10:28 AM
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Is there any how-to guides out there that actually exist with a solution? lol My win 7 machine can't find my XP machine at all, I've got the basics done but still doesn't see the XP machine.

I'm going to move my XP machine to a spare room and just always remote connect to it, I'll put a monitor and stuff on it but I just added my old 19" monitor to my main computer and want the extra desk without the computer.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
You want to simply share files between the two or do you actually want to remotely connected to the desktop?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
on the win7 machine, go to the network settings, and turn on "Network Discovery"
or - if you mean remote desktop - the winXP machine needs a newer client, available at microsoft.com, or thru windows updates as an optional update

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock