Started on: 01-18-2011 08:08 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Gecko on 01-21-2011 11:11 AM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Wouldn't it be simpler Cheever, just to contact whoever had the programs on to begin with and ask them how to download those episodes? I see nothing problematic with that approach.

But...

but...

but I've always been told it's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

"No! That's just what they'll be expecting us to do!" - Robert Stack, Airplane!

Besides, I'm just doing what my wife told me to do.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 01-19-2011).]

IP: Logged
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 337
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Besides, I'm just doing what my wife told me to do.

What if she tells you to go **** yer'self...........
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Click Here to Email FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
1. A good firewall and antivirus
2. PeerBlock for anti-spam, anti-tracking, avoiding intentionally sent bad data (poisoning)
3. I second using uTorrent
4. Definitely get torrent files from private trackers if you can. Otherwise, some public sites like the pirate bay have comments and ratings. Read them.
5. Don't run too many torrents or connections at once or you'll waste your bandwidth with overhead. Too many connections will slow things down. You want just enough to hit your download bandwidth limit.
6. Don't max your upload speed if you're downloading. I like to leave at least 10kbps headroom so the downstream doesn't choke out. This is because every time you receive data, your computer sends a small acknowledgment.
7. SEED SEED SEED to at least twice what you download.

If you worry about who is watching your connection, you can use a proxy for your "tracker" ports but still have the data going directly between you and any peers. Flooding proxy networks with peer-to-peer data is a sin. Vidalia is a package that uses TOR (The Onion Router proxy network) and it's as easy to install as any other program. Then, set your connection preferences to use the IP address "127.0.0.1" and port 8118 for TRACKER only, not P2P. Just google vidalia utorrent tracker and you'll see images of what your settings should look like. You can also use this to proxy your browsing, but it will be slow and your ISP can still see any traffic between you and the first "hop" to the onion.

I used to have Blackcats-Games access but let it expire from only seeding. They were the best I've ever found for games and some movies and TV. Then they went completely underground and I can't get back in. Very sad. I contributed a lot of very rare stuff back in the day.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Cheever is now torrential. I'm getting my first torrent. A little surprised at how long it takes, but whatever works. My wife will be happy, and isn't that the important thing?

Gecko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
the speed can be all over the place, it depends on how many people are giving out the torrent (seeds) and how many people are recieving it (leechers/peers). It also depends on your connection speed and how popular the torrent is that your trying to get.

One important thing for speed is to make sure that your upload speed is set high, but not to high. There are calculations for it, if you look it up.

This morning I got a full length movie. 1.1GB in 38mins.

and the other day I got a 60GB torrent in 40hours LOL

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 01-21-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock