Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Which image hosting site is easiest to use?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Which image hosting site is easiest to use? by maryjane
Started on: 01-15-2011 09:03 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Loki on 01-16-2011 01:27 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I have a need, on another web forum, to post some images and they lack their own image posting software. (They are PIP impaired tho I have suggested they contact Cliff about implementing PIP) They recommend something like image shack but photobucket, fickr, tinypic etc would probably work as well.. I won't be using it a whole lot, but have never used one in all these years. If it makes any difference, I am on dialup. The website I'll be posting on has a good tutorial, and I know the tags, but which (IYO) would be easiest (for me) to use?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Tho its ad content keeps increasing, photobucket has been painless for me to use, even on a non-windows machine.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't figure PIP out... but I did figure imageshack out pretty easily. They have a really easy file uploader you download so you can select a ton of pictures to upload to your account then just let it go. I don't know anything about photobucket other than it is blocked at work so that ever single picture on PFF that someone posted from PB shows the little blank spot where it SHOULD be. imageshack isn't blocked.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

www.Myfiero.com

Don,

They can use this one, but if they dont want to, just send me a pm with some of their info and I will do up a directory for their site name and install a similar script.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all, I'll look at each of them. The website is in GB btw, a forum, as well as a vendor for English equipment.

I couldn't figure PIP out...

I've seen several people say the same thing, but as computer illiterate as I am, I have always said PIP is the most trouble free of any application I have ever used. It's spoiled me for using other programs, and I've often thought while trying to get other apps to function correctly--- "Why can't this work as well as PIP does?"

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I use postimage.org on my website, maybe they can add it to theirs. If they can't use imageshack or photobucket, to host your pictures, so you can post them on any other website.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
www.imgur.com
or
www.imageshack.us

neither require you to register. Just select the file you want to upload, and copy/paste the link when it's done.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive been using http://picturetrail.com for years. Very easy. It even lets you upload bulk photos at once and basic editing.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-16-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

I couldn't figure PIP out... but I did figure imageshack out pretty easily. They have a really easy file uploader you download so you can select a ton of pictures to upload to your account then just let it go. I don't know anything about photobucket other than it is blocked at work so that ever single picture on PFF that someone posted from PB shows the little blank spot where it SHOULD be. imageshack isn't blocked.

I like photobucket, but I never heard of it being blocked anywhere. Where do you work?

Brad
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I like photobucket, but I never heard of it being blocked anywhere. Where do you work?

Brad

I use photobucket too, and my work not only blocks it, but most image hosting sites.
They also block a lot of sites that are "not work related," like Facebook, most web mail sites, etc.
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
I rolled my own..

http://fieroloki.com/uploader/

------------------
My Foto Site

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock