Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I feel so bad for my daughter.... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I feel so bad for my daughter.... by fierogirls-mom
Started on: 01-13-2011 02:19 PM
Replies: 78
Last post by: frontal lobe on 01-27-2011 12:05 PM
fierogirls-mom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
This was her baby, she put $2500 worth of upgrades into the poor little GXP.

She was stopped at that stop sign, and some idiot in a ADT van decided to take the curve too fast in the snow and bam, slammed right into her. She said she got out and threw her head down on the hood and started bawling about him killing her Solstice. I'm shocked she didn't beat him into the ground. She's at the emergency room getting checked out now. I just love getting those text pictures....enough to give her mom a heart attack...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

This was her baby, she put $2500 worth of upgrades into the poor little GXP.

She was stopped at that stop sign, and some idiot in a ADT van decided to take the curve too fast in the snow and bam, slammed right into her. She said she got out and threw her head down on the hood and started bawling about him killing her Solstice. I'm shocked she didn't beat him into the ground. She's at the emergency room getting checked out now. I just love getting those text pictures....enough to give her mom a heart attack...

It's only material, as long as she is OK nothing else matters. They are called accidents for a reason. That's what insurance is for. Hmmm do I know any more gems? They are true at least.

I know...I know it still sucks.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 01-13-2011).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
ADT has deep pockets to fix the car.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
I know it can be replaced maybe repaired. She just loved the thing, I just feel bad for her.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about this. Hope she's ok.

Remember to tell their insurance company you will not except a repair. You need a replacement due to the resale depreciation value. Ever since pontiac went out of business they are all collector cars now.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
That must have been a interesting onstar conversation......
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Glad she is OK. Despite the loss.

Brad
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

It's only material, as long as she is OK nothing else matters. They are called accidents for a reason. That's what insurance is for. Hmmm do I know any more gems? They are true at least.

Proof you are not a Fiero owner!
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

That must have been a interesting onstar conversation......

Solstices didn't have Onstar, well her year doesn't.
I'm just glad she was distraught and not thinking, that guy would have been on the ground bleeding if she wasn't.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

Proof you are not a Fiero owner!

Ummm OK. I'm sure I had one yesterday.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Sorry to hear about this. Hope she's ok.

Remember to tell their insurance company you will not except a repair. You need a replacement due to the resale depreciation value. Ever since pontiac went out of business they are all collector cars now.

Since CARFAX®, major collision repair is impractical. The car will lose resale value no matter what. Some States allow collection from your own insurance company for diminished value following repair while others do not. You can usually collect this from the at-fault person's insurance company. Main thing as stated before is that your daughter wasn't injured. Cars really aren't important in comparison and the newer ones are made to self destruct to protect the passengers.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 01-13-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
That sucks, accidents always happen to people would love their cars. They maybe able to repair her car though, so don't lose hope.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

I'm just glad she was distraught and not thinking, that guy would have been on the ground bleeding if she wasn't.

If she's anything like my ex from jersey... The other driver is lucky to have kept his manhood... yikes!

So how about an update on how she is doing? Any word from the hospital?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had a mother like you, you should have seen the look of joy on my mother's face when I told her my Fiero wasn't drivable anymore (and the subsequent look of disappointment when I told her I was keeping it for parts for the NEXT one).

Solstices are still pretty easy to fin in good condition if this one isn't repairable.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

ADT has deep pockets to fix the car.

And to compensate her for her suffering,. which i hope is as minimal as possible. ( the suffering, not the compensation )
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

I feel so bad for my daughter....

Well, I feel good that she has a mom like you!

Now, do I get a hug for that?
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

And to compensate her for her suffering,. which i hope is as minimal as possible. ( the suffering, not the compensation )

I got rear ended by a semi truck while I was driving a military vehicle, it was a fairly low speed impact but it did mess up his semi more than mine. I had no injuries, and I received $4000 for suffering. I hope she is okay, I am sure she is going to be sore once she calms down, that counts as suffering too.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I hope they total it for her and replace it and pay her back for the upgrades she did.
Prepare for a fight, insurance don't like to pay for improvements you made to your car. Receipts are going to be very important.

I hope she is ok, sometimes you can be hurt and not feel it for days.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
No word yet, sucks that she lives in another state, I'm glad that her boyfriend turned around and got to her as fast as he could. I feel better that she has someone with her.

She's a gear head by heart, I always thought that she'd be the one to have the accident. She loves to drive, and drive fast. With all the upgrades in her car, it had me worried, who woulda thought I'd have to be worried about her when she was sitting at a stop sign. In the higher resolution picture, you can see how far he pushed her to the side and back. I hope she has no lingering effects, I'm sure she will be sore as heck in a few days.

Good mom, nah, just supportive of her likes. And Chuck, I'd give you a hug anytime...

Thanks for caring enough to post, it's appreciated!!

I hope they do total it, in the long run it will be better. It will probably never drive the same, then I'd have to worry about her more!!!

[This message has been edited by fierogirls-mom (edited 01-13-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Sorry this happened Dar, hope everything works out for her.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

If she's anything like my ex from jersey... The other driver is lucky to have kept his manhood... yikes!

So how about an update on how she is doing? Any word from the hospital?

Ditto to both the question and the statement.

Is this the one in the service or the other? Just wondering.

Again I hope she is OK.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

PFF
System Bot
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

Here's a pic she put up on facebook, so I guess she's okay, or still waiting at the hospital. Her commander wanted her to go get checked out.

LOL, I forgot this one, when she was talking to me, she said, she looked down after getting hit and saw a Ford emblem, and said "Mom, I got crushed by a Ford of all things!"

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

fierogirls-mom

4526 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Ditto to both the question and the statement.

Is this the one in the service or the other? Just wondering.

Again I hope she is OK.

Steve

She's the one that's Active duty. The other daughter is in the reserves but she's got a full time reserve job.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I can’t tell by the pictures,, did the accident set off the airbag? That right there can brake your arm if it is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But it is just a car, and as long as she is OK that’s all that matters. No matter what the vehicle or how much you love it, it can be repaired or replaced.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-13-2011).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
She didn't tell me that it did, looking at it you would have thought it would have. I'll ask her and let you know.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

LOL, I forgot this one, when she was talking to me, she said, she looked down after getting hit and saw a Ford emblem, and said "Mom, I got crushed by a Ford of all things!"

I was going to wish her well, until this comment. (I LOVE my Ford.) )

Honestly, glad she is ok. Hopefully they will be able to repair her very cool car.

Tony
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
How are you feeling Tony???
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Darlene,

Bummer about the car. Such a shame, looks like it was very nice. I hope your daughter is OK.

Mark
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Dar:

Sorry to hear about the Solstice. But think, the pic could have been the inside of an ambulance! Seems like she'll be better than the car. It looks fixable.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Here's a pic she put up on facebook, so I guess she's okay, or still waiting at the hospital. Her commander wanted her to go get checked out.

Just saw this thread Dar. Hope your baby is OK. Emotions can carry a person through an incident and not feel anything till later. But, I'm sure her Doc will be taking good care of her.

As far as the car goes, she was a beauty and will be again. That'll buff right out. Somebody had to say it.

Ron
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Too bad that happened, but glad she (your daughter) is OK. That car looks repairable. You said "She is a gearhead" let her buy it back from the insurance man, rebuild it and put a V8 in it while shes at it...

Better...stronger...faster

(Im in the 70s again) lol !!

PFF
System Bot
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
Hi Darlene,

I know just how she feels. I had just had my fiero painted when my neighbor had a late party. When I went outside to get in my car the next morning there was a 2 by 4 scrape on the side panel. I was standing outside cursing loudly when Don popped his head out to see what my problem was. I was very upset, because I hadn't even had it 24hrs, and I only had liability insurance on it. It took a while to save the money to get it painted. I'm glad she's ok. I wanted a solstice, but the financial effect of the crisis in this country Nixed that for me.

Jane

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

[This message has been edited by calamityjane (edited 01-13-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry dar i HAVE to add some humor. No offense intended.

If they do total it... see if you can buy it back. Then PK86 can have parts cars for both the fiero and the solstice! Sure you can make a buck on it.

Sorry PK had to do it!
phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear but glad she is ok and I will say that from the pics it does appear that there is frame damage and due to the fact that body parts are quite hard to come by for the solstice, I would venture to guess that it will be very close to a total loss especially with a little push from her.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry dar i HAVE to add some humor. No offense intended.

If they do total it... see if you can buy it back. Then PK86 can have parts cars for both the fiero and the solstice! Sure you can make a buck on it.

Sorry PK had to do it!

I was thinking wait a few months and PK would sell her his as a repalcement. j/K Sorry Rick, had to do it.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident Darlene. I hope she is alright. I sure don't miss driving in the snow and ice of New England.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

How are you feeling Tony???

Simple questions, from respected members, are just some of the many reasons that this will be the best year of my life. Thank you.

And I am doing well. I have Amy looking over me, and Benjamin needing me. Like I said, "Best year ever."
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear of your daughter's mishap, Dar. I hope she has no long term problems as a result of the wreck.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Sad panda; but who gives a crap? Is she okay? I couldn't give two craps about the car, the ADT company, or the drivers now tarnished record. Is your daughter okay? How many daughters can you buy with $2500? ADT is insured I am betting, you can never insure a life. Good luck with it.

------------------
You got a Benz, I got a busket!
Give me a dollar!

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 01-13-2011).]

DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear, glad she's OK.
Have to be the first one to say, "That will buff right out."
I know it won't, but I'm just wanting to be the first.
edit
oops, missed again.
------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 01-14-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock