Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Don't You Just Love It When People Go Off For No Apparent Reason?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Don't You Just Love It When People Go Off For No Apparent Reason? by Fieros_Forever
Started on: 01-13-2011 02:17 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 01-14-2011 05:54 AM
Fieros_Forever

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post
I use Facebook for the sole reason of keeping in touch with my high school and college classmates, and from time to time, we get on and have a discussion about the 'Good Old Days'(my high school friends and I).

Last night, the subject of the local weather came up, because we are in the middle of a massive ice event, unheard of in Alabama since 1993.

The conversation drifted to the old "All In The Family" song, and we were making up lyrics to suit our generation(Gee our old LeSabre ran great, etc).

I said 'Mr. we could use a man like Ronald Reagan again." one of my female classmates replies that she was singing along up until the 'Regan comment, to which I replied that no one likes every president, and that I'm disappointed with the current administration. I awake this morning to a literal diatribe of a post saying that I was attacking him, and that she knew that it was coming

I reply that I am in fact not, I'm just saying that no president is popular with everyone.

This prompts the LONGEST post that I have ever seen on FB. If I were to have printed it off, it would have numbered in multiple pages. I did not even know that you could make a post that long. It basically told me that I was a hypocrite and was trying to start an argument. All over me saying that I feel the same way about Obama as she feels about Regan. She pretty much says that it's okay for her to talk about Regan, but leave Obama alone. I didn't reply, I just removed her from my friends.

I NEVER discuss politics, and this is the reason. This was just meant as an agreement.

I think that she was off her medication, because she was asking a classmate that is a nurse if a doc in the box will write anxiety medication due to her doctor being closed because of the weather.

Methinks some Buckcherry is in order.

If going off her medication for a day produces that, Then I would hate to see a week! LOL!

Edited for typos'/clarity. I hate typing posts on an iTouch.

[This message has been edited by Fieros_Forever (edited 01-13-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
easy fix... "unfriend" or just ignore the village idiot.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
there a simple fix for that....

:UNFRIEND:

lol.... good luck with that....

=todd=
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Your "facebook friend" is someone who overdosed on the Obama toxic kool-aid and doesn't know what is happening in the real world. I'm not a friend of Obama and hope he is gone in 2012.
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post
I just took her totally off of my friends list. I did not know her that well in high school.

She was talking abou cursing some guy out the other day because he asked her name, and thought that she was trying to give him a fake one(he was flirting). I think that she is just bitter. She can have it. I'll just ignore her. I just thought that people would get a kick out of it.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
There is no cure for crazy. You did the right thing un-friending her.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Just poke her and move on.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Your a guy, so you were probably wrong from the start LOL

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Be careful, she might shoot a congressman, and blame you for it.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 01-13-2011).]

BigGuyTinyCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigGuyTinyCarSend a Private Message to BigGuyTinyCarDirect Link to This Post
I've had similar experiences with my wife's aunt. She's a bitter old lady who never married and is an absolute FLAMING liberal
and has an IQ of maybe 95, so she believes everything she reads on liberal websites, etc.
I made the mistake of talking politics with her once in person. It stayed civil because I just let things roll off me
and ended up changing the subject after a while. Once she got wind of the fact that I'm a libertarian/conservative (i.e. small
government) type, however, she started sending me emails that were too long to read let alone reply to (I'd have had to quit my
job and disown my kids to have enough time to give reasoned replies to them all) .

Finally, I just had to tell her I don't want to discuss politics with her because we have absolutely no common ground and
it can only lead to trouble.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
There's one guy on my friends list just for that reason - because I can make the tiniest sarcastic comment about Obama and he will go off on a tyranical rampage against it, even to the point of personal insults... I just continue to point out that he is an idiot for taking anything I say seriously.

I used to respect the guy - until he said I was "just towing the republican party line." --- I replied, "wow... you really ARE stupid, huh? I'm a Libertarian, you dumbass."
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
She was just pointing out how YOU are spewing hate filled rhetoric.
Apparently you were so filled with hatred for Obama, you couldn't see that you were, in fact, wrong, so she had to tell you.
A lot.

I wish I could say that wasn't a typical response.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
She's obviously sleeping with Obama...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure she has a real birth certificate?
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperDirect Link to This Post
I would have thrown out a little more bait... "Why should I leave Obama alone?" Wait for her to bring up he is the first black president, and then "Why is it always about race with you people?" Anti-racists are more racist than they think thy are.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock