Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Verizon IS getting the iPhone TOMORROW!!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Verizon IS getting the iPhone TOMORROW!!! by 8Ball
Started on: 01-10-2011 08:38 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 01-21-2011 09:48 PM
firstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Really? Got a link?

It was announced over ces. Its common knowledge...look it up yourself. It's a google search away lol
IP: Logged
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

It was announced over ces. Its common knowledge...look it up yourself. It's a google search away lol

Wasn't meaning the announcement, was looking for the 'buy here' but looks like you gotta visit a store, with actual people there...eewwww!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by firstfiero:

Thumbs up to that. The iOS on the iPhone and the touch screen itself is smoother to me. Don't forget 6 months ago the head of operations at verizon told cnet if they get the iPhone there network won't be able to handle the onslaught any better then AT&T and people will be just as upset with them lol I guess we will find out. I guess I'm lucky. AT&T is great where I live.

Ya, AT&T is fine here in my area too. I guess if i lived somewhere else i might think different, but here, im cool

verizon has had 6 more months to prepare. Perhaps that's the real reason for the delay.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Well, you're an hour ahead of me out there right? How is it? You better post from it in this thread!

I just got the Droid X on Thanksgiving and love it, but now I really wish I had waited for the iPhone. Its just a lot more intuitive in my opinion.

I was busy when the announcement came down, But I did manage to update my blog with the news at http://www.ipadawan.info.

Basically the Verizon iPhone is just like the ATT iPhone4, with one exception. It will come with a Verizon app installed on it, that will allow you to use the phone as a MiFi, or a Mobile Wifi Router for up to 5 devices. The Phone is expected to cost $10-$20 more than it does at ATT. This is to cover the unsubsidized costs from Apple of making a CDMA version of their phone.

Current Verizon Customers will be able to Pre-order the iPhone in limited numbers on Verizon's website on Feb. 3rd for a 5th-11th Estimated delivery. Everyone else will be able to order the iPhone around the end of February.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Basically the Verizon iPhone is just like the ATT iPhone4, with one exception. It will come with a Verizon app installed on it, that will allow you to use the phone as a MiFi, or a Mobile Wifi Router for up to 5 devices.

How much do you have to pay per month for that feature? I know I have that available on my X, but I don't think I would use it enough times per month to justify $XX.XX more per month on top of an unlimited* data plan

*They should call it limited since it can't do this without paying more...
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
According to my rep, it is included in all the data packages. No extra cost.

I have a verizon MiFi, my company pays 50 a month for it. It is worth every penny... so this will be a nice savings.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 01-11-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Does a FWD transmission work on a RWD Car?

Ask Rodney, he makes a FWD trans work in a RWD car. Also ask Archie, and GM, they did too.
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
MiFi is part of the data plan now. A couple girls ride with me when I am plowing and they use it to get online with their netbook. I havent had any charges from it in 2 billing cycles and there is no warning that pops up about it costing extra like it used to every time it started up. This on a Droid X. I had a Iphone. Even with good service the phone sucks. No battery, no removable memory, have to use itunes. No thank you. Ill stick with a good dependable motorola X. Iphone looks great sitting in the package. Ill give it that. I could never go back to the iphone now that I know there is so much better out there. Most that use a Iphone got caught up in the hype and wont admit they where wrong and stay with it. Thats all I can come up with.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

MiFi is part of the data plan now. A couple girls ride with me when I am plowing and they use it to get online with their netbook. I havent had any charges from it in 2 billing cycles and there is no warning that pops up about it costing extra like it used to every time it started up. This on a Droid X. I had a Iphone. Even with good service the phone sucks. No battery, no removable memory, have to use itunes. No thank you. Ill stick with a good dependable motorola X. Iphone looks great sitting in the package. Ill give it that. I could never go back to the iphone now that I know there is so much better out there. Most that use a Iphone got caught up in the hype and wont admit they where wrong and stay with it. Thats all I can come up with.

Couple of guys at work got android phones as they had to move to verizon. one came back to at&T just to get his iphone back. The other is trilled to death he can get another. Some people DO prefer the apple product, for many reasons.

Myself, after having one for almost a year now, ill never get any other phone, unless there is no choice.

As far as itunes, if you don't let it manage your device, its really not a big deal.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 01-11-2011).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
T-Mobile Rocks, and the MyTouch 4G is every bit as impressive as an iPhone.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Peoples positions on phones these days sort of reminds me of the old Atari -vs- Amiga wars back in the 80s. It all boiled down to what people like as neither was 'better' then the other, just 'different'.
PFF
System Bot
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to call every Verizon store on February 10th, asking if they have the iPhone 4G (which doesn't exist, contrary to what many people have to say) and act indignant.

Verizon reps finally have to deal with these people now too!!! Hahahahaha

~ Derek
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

LOL!!!!
You keep telling yourself that
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Most likely better. I dont have it but I believe its android. And faster IF you actually have service.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Or Maybe they just like something different then you lol. I've used every droid phone that matters and I prefer my iPhone.

Originally posted by turboguy327:

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

firstfiero

4879 posts
Member since Dec 2000

According to my rep, it is included in all the data packages. No extra cost.

I have a verizon MiFi, my company pays 50 a month for it. It is worth every penny... so this will be a nice savings.

According to the press conference just like AT&T the iphone will have different plans then the rest of the verizon phones. They Sid it would cost extra but wouldn't say how much. Thats one feature I'm envious of. My iPad is just wifi and it would be nice to use my iPhone to connect while I'm at work.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Yep, they just announced theyre going to have it. Its not available yet.

ATT sucks. I actually had to sue them in court to get them to stop billing me for service I didnt even have for 20 years. I wouldnt use them now if they were the only one in town.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
ATT has been a horrid carrier for the last 10 years that I know of. Longer than that actually.

I think it is GREAT that there is now some competition for those of us who want iPhones. And by the end of the year, there will be even more. Apple has said that their agreement with Verizon is NOT exclusive. Which means T-Mobile and likely Sprint will have the iPhone by the end of 2011.

Also, check out my iPad/iPhone blog at http://www.ipadawan.info Spread it around to your friends as well! Once the site generates enough Ad revenue to purchase an iPad, I plan to give one away. But I am not going to officially announce it for at least a couple months. I want to get some ad revenue built up first.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 01-12-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Our Charter internet went down yesterday and I tried to use the Mi-Fi on my Droid and ended up with this screen:

Just doesn't seem worth it at this point in life.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Our Charter internet went down yesterday and I tried to use the Mi-Fi on my Droid and ended up with this screen:

Just doesn't seem worth it at this point in life.

There is a one touch app to get around that.......
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock