Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Ok, so the EPA just approved using more ethanol in gasoline... what will this mean? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ok, so the EPA just approved using more ethanol in gasoline... what will this mean? by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 10-13-2010 04:36 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: avengador1 on 12-29-2011 07:34 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

... "Once again, refiners are being ordered to use a substance that is not being produced in commercial quantities -- cellulosic ethanol -- and are being required to pay millions of dollars for failing to use this non-existent substance," NPRA President Charles Drevna said in a statement. "This makes no sense."

Of course it does. It's all about the money.

A fine for some perceived "non-compliance" works the same as a tax, except it sounds a lot better when it's not called a tax.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

...The EPA acknowledged its higher targets could create uncertainty. And the agency estimates of projected available volumes of cellulosic fuels, based on its analysis of six companies, is higher than the Energy Information Administration's more conservative estimate of 6.9 million gallons in 2012. Still, it said, "Our intention is to balance such uncertainty with the objective of promoting growth in the industry." The EPA decision was slammed by the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association, which said the agency acted "unwisely." "Once again, refiners are being ordered to use a substance that is not being produced in commercial quantities -- cellulosic ethanol -- and are being required to pay millions of dollars for failing to use this non-existent substance," NPRA President Charles Drevna said in a statement. "This makes no sense."."

I swear more an more it looks like a planned crash. How could stupidity of these levels come by accident?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

I swear more an more it looks like a planned crash. How could stupidity of these levels come by accident?

Actually, it seem to come naturally to them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock