Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Bye Bye, Contract work...Better Job Acquired! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Bye Bye, Contract work...Better Job Acquired! by FieroRumor
Started on: 08-13-2010 03:53 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: FieroRumor on 08-16-2011 01:38 PM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
After weeks of interviewing, I got three offers this week...and made a choice. Senior Desktop Support Engineer and Systems Admin at a magazine company in NYC.

Whew. *thud*
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Nice!!!

^ Gettin' close to another big one!
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
You the MAN!!!

Can I borrow some money?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Where will you park?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Gratz now work on that signature
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
You'll be a commmuter..a train/subway into the big apple and join the crowds. Hey if you go to the Plaza Hotel you can see my X working in the book store.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Dude! 'Gratz!

See, I told ya'll he didn't need any luck. He's got tha skillz!
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Congrats dude!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Chris.
Will you be moving or commuting ?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Hook me up.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-13-2010).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Congrats
PFF
System Bot
88GTV-8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Direct Link to This Post
Sweet man thats awesome! Congrats!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
way to go man.. Glad to hear someone is moving up these days.. Now if i could only get my dream job over at UA, id be set..
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
SWEETNESS!!!!!
Brad
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, it couldn't have happened to a better person. I am so happy for you, hope it works out well for you.

So you're no longer standing at the cross roads, new avatar soon?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Congrats! I bet the Penguins can breathe a lot easier now.
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Chris. I hope you found the lower stress job that brings you happiness you were looking for.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 08-13-2010).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I'm just about s thrilled as if I had got a job!!!!! WELL DONE CHRIS!!!
Ummm...hold on a minute...does this mean there might be fewer zany posts from our favourite Duck/penguin/bananaman on PFF?????BAH!!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-13-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
no fair---thingie hired ya. An inside job.
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Chris!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Nice!!!
^ Gettin' close to another big one!

Talkative b-turd, aint he ? <hehehehehehe>

J/K

<=====embarrassingly low post count.
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the well wishes... It's been one heckova ride since I left Dow Jones... that other job I took after that was pretty bad.

The recent contract work was kinda rough at times - I worked in Brownsville, Brooklyn and Bedford Sty.(Kept thinking of Billy Joel for some reason) BS isn't so bad, but Brownsville was

After all the interviews,I had several jobs to choose from, all paying well (one paid REALLY well) but they all had schedules that would take me more and more away from my family, and I DON'T wanna travel that path.
So, naturally, I decided to work for the pron industry!

Yes, it's true...
I will be working at an adult magazine named after the "special apartment on the top floor of a building".

Truth be told, it's not all that exciting. It's pretty corporate, and no posters or "suggestive" art, sculpture, or anything like that. (All the 'fun' stuff is in LA, FL, or Vegas). Photshoots, Videos, and whatnot...

Things seem good - Work's in a nice neighborhood (I can have my lunch w/ Lady Liberty anytime I want), work 'regular' hours, no 'on-call'(I will always keep my BB on me, though), almost no weekend work, my boss seems awesome, (and halfway across the country ) and the pay is decent. Commute's not too bad, either. Overall Job-related stress seems pretty minimal. Things are good on the family front as well...We should be able to get a decent house, and have a decent life.

Highly doubt you'll see less of me on here once I start working next week, in fact...maybe you'll see MORE...
*lights dim, spotlights turn on*

*Bawm chick-a chick bowm bawm*

Maybe I should buy me a Zimmer...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 08-14-2010).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001
One neat thing is that once I chose my job, I gave the other jobs and recruiters a list of possible ideal candidates I had made (other people who worked with me at the contract job who had extensive skillsets). Also bought a few gift cards for the people I directly worked for. PAY IT FORWARD

You know, I actually feel ALIVE again!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

-Rumor

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Ya giving out free samples and calendars from your new employer next Christmas??
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Ya giving out free samples and calendars from your new employer next Christmas??

Sure... they might be a little 'used', though...

MJ: "Heeeeey, why are all the pages stuck together????"

ew.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I want to say how much I hate you right now, but all I can think of is the Girls without Fieros thread had better become the most awesome thread on the internet.

That, and right now I think you have the ultimate Computer Geek dream job.

Brad
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
All right Chris!!

That's so great, I hope the job is everything you "wet dreamed" of!!!!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

All right Chris!!

That's so great, I hope the job is everything you "wet dreamed" of!!!!

Ooooh,that's BAD, Dar... ha ha ha...

Can't wait to set up my desk and lab over there...

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
About time but now who is going to give us all those great bacon product updates.
Glad to hear you have found permanent employment.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
Na, my firend has you beat. He works as a bartender in LA at the Playboy mansion on weekends and production crews in Hollywood on million dollar movies during the week. On the flip side I know what he makes I gotta say your paycheck is more impressive, he just has a better view at the "office".
On the flip side glad your off the contracts and doin full time without the middle man.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed this...

Congratulations, Rumor!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Where do I send my resume?
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Just one more congrats!

Bummer though, wonder if you're going to get cool stuff like the Firefly promo stuff (I still have it)!!!
Neekid ladies I can find all day on my neekid lady machine.
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Need an intern? I can send you my resume
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Probably won't get any more neat promo stuff, or other swag (sadly, that era passed awhile ago, it was fun doing those 'bored...?' contests)

Really not interested in the 'adult' content, the job itself (especially my manager and the amount of freedom I will have to build my workspace/workflow) is what seems so sweet.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Sounds to me like this could be something really great for you. How many people can say they work in a place a cool in concept as that! lol I am very glad to hear things are looking better for you.

PS. that's just freaking awesome being P.H!
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Well now I have a reason to get a subscription.

I am supporting Rumors job just a tiny tiny bit.

This day and age every bit helps, right?

What other magazines might they own?

Brad
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Well now I have a reason to get a subscription.

I am supporting Rumors job just a tiny tiny bit.

This day and age every bit helps, right?

What other magazines might they own?

Brad

Heh, If I can get discounts on subscriptions, I'll let you know!

Not sure of all the magazine they sell, but I'm pretty sure they want Playboy - but Heff's not willing to sell to them. (I believe they included "we'll let you stay in the Playboy mansion and be in charge of the magazine till you croak" as part of the offer to him)

Interesting times ahead...
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Well, It's been a year at the new place (Wow. a YEAR? )

Been pretty busy as a Sysadmin and Desktop Support

Completed some projects
Upgraded everyone in the office to either Windows 7 or Leopard.
Worked a little with the ad campaign for that SR3 Game...
Added on some responsibilities (WSUS Admin, Security Admin)

Got some interesting times ahead...

Don't forget to have some fun today!

LUNCHTIME!!!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Now the question is, do you need an intern!?!?!?!? =P

How'd I miss this thread last year? How has the pr0n industry been treating you?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock