Started on: 08-09-2010 03:51 AM
Replies: 92
Last post by: yellowstone on 03-06-2012 05:30 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
NO

I still blame fairytale believers for 9-11
yes I know it was a different cult of god-bothered
but the basic idea of a god and men following a book is still behind 9-11
and a whole lot of other evil

when the god-bothered of any and all cults
give up trying to impose their will on others
only then will we have peace on earth
and I will stop worrying about the evil results of belief in fairytales
and leave religion alone

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I went to church service tonight for the first time in a long time. I haven't been living a Christian life... and today was more about meeting a girl than God.. at first.

I watched how others worshiped and saw how they meant it. I haven't felt that in too long. It made me feel like I was coming home. I didn't even know anybody there but one guy who I'm not really friends with. It wasn't the message, it wasn't the people, it was just being there and seeing God working in others' lives. It changed a lot for me. My life is changing right now; I can feel it. I just needed that.

It was good. I realized a lot about myself. And I regained purpose. I just wanted to share that. It's a lot more meaningful to me than it seems on here. I don't really know how to express how much my thoughts are changing right now. It was just good.

Thats good news man. Glad to hear. Don't let that tank run dry.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
Saw this thread for the first time today and I just gave it a look see. Much good inspirational stuff as I’m currently wondering if I need to go to the bathroom, vomit or both (had chemo on Friday).

It makes me think of my Christian journey, my life. It has been and continues to an awesome journey. All my cancer has done is put my feet to the fire on where I stand with my faith. I’m standin’ strong! We truly have a loving God; I have been so humbled by his love that I experience every day. We are truly the hands & feet of the living Christ. Phil 4:13

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stumpkin:

Saw this thread for the first time today and I just gave it a look see. Much good inspirational stuff as I’m currently wondering if I need to go to the bathroom, vomit or both (had chemo on Friday).

It makes me think of my Christian journey, my life. It has been and continues to an awesome journey. All my cancer has done is put my feet to the fire on where I stand with my faith. I’m standin’ strong! We truly have a loving God; I have been so humbled by his love that I experience every day. We are truly the hands & feet of the living Christ. Phil 4:13

Wow Stumpkin, good luck. I'll be praying for you!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I agree! I'm glad you have this thread. I posted this without reading the other two pages because I have no interest in other peoples beliefs, but I support their rights to their beliefs.

Originally posted by faaaaq:

its odd to see so many seemingly "normal" people be so into religion (no offense, im just used to hardcore religious people being very odd.... Salvation Army Christian Retreat or whatever it was they made us go to was NOT fun lol). its like nobody's religious views interfere with the other threads...which is good. my religious views are not something worth sharing lol, so i just wanted to comment and say the above, as well as its nice to see this thread not derailed yet. i have no religion, but i have no problem with other people being religious. i cant stand people pushing their belief/lack of belief on other people....

anyways, carry on ye merry ways lol (also, DONT comment on this please, let Brennan's thread be as its meant, i simply wanted to add one simple comment expressing my....gratitude, i suppose you could say)

funkisnowjunki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for funkisnowjunkiSend a Private Message to funkisnowjunkiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

1 Corinthians 13
Love
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

ahhh 1 Corinthians 13!! This verse really spoke to me when I came across it in the Japanese film Love Exposure. It's not exactly what I would call a Christian film, more of a free-hand camera indie experiment that is 6 hours long. But one scene where the cult girl quotes Corinthians 13 really spoke to me.

I've had a conversion experience this past month. Brought my baggage to God. Asked(ing) for forgiveness and for Jesus to transform me. It's amazing the changes that have happened in my life on a day to day basis. There's been quite a few ups and downs that are frustrating and scary but I'm still being brought closer to Him. It's all about reading the Bible. Taking that time first thing in the morning before life gets too busy. I always used to think that there's no time in my day for a devotion but I'm finding that when I do seek Christ the rest of my day becomes more productive. I can spring out of bed now with an energy that I have never had before. It's powerful.

I think as Christians we sometimes forget the scope of what this experience is. It's a spiritual battle to use the cliche, but it's a cliche for many reasons. Ephesians 6 put it in perspective for me.
Anyway, God bless us throughout the day and may his love encompass all that we do.

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Great thread! Anyone else listen to the gettys music? keith and kristyn getty? Search youtube or http://www.gettymusic.com/

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the post funkisnowjunki, and god bless you on your journey!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
funkisnowjunki, welcome to the forum and awesome experience. Thanks for sharing
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Some of my faves:

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
John 3:13

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
Kings 2:23-24

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.
Mark 14:51-52

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 23:1

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.
Samuel 18:25-27

Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.
Samuel 18:25-27

Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and threw it at Moses’ feet, and she said, “You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me.”
Exodus 4:24-25

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.
Ezekiel 23:19-20

And Ehud reached with his left hand, took the sword from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly. And the hilt also went in after the blade, and the fat closed over the blade, for he did not pull the sword out of his belly; and the dung came out.
Judges 3:19-25

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

...at midnight the Lord smote all the first born in the land of Egypt, from the first born of the pharaoh... unto the first born of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the first born cattle.
Exodus 12:29

Their children shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes! There houses spoiled, and their wives raped...Dash the young men to pieces...have no pity on the fruit of the womb, the children shall not be spared"
Isa 13:16-18

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Psalm 137:9

But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? Hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
2 Kings 18:27

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. Let’s get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father.” That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I lay with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.
Genesis 19:30-36

Samaria will be desolated, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword, their infants will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open. Hosea 13:16
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Some of my faves:

Proverbs 9:7
Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult;
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Proverbs 9:7
Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult;

:-)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave