Free subscription to Car & Driver magazine by otakudude
Started on: 06-18-2010 11:16 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Scottzilla79 on 05-03-2011 12:39 PM
otakudude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeDirect Link to This Post
Being that this is a car forum, I thought there might be some people here who might want to get in on this.

Mercury Magazines is offering a free one-year subscription to Car and Driver magazine:

Link to offer

Alternate link to offer
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
Just signed up. Thanks! Wondering how much spam I will get, but I'll take the gamble.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 06-18-2010).]

Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Just signed up as well - thanks
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
How convient, they are out of stock and right after giving them my email address. But wait there is more! They are willing to give me some other fine magazines such as Hyatt Short Term Meetings or Hyatt Resorts in Hawaii, and oh yeah, Hyatt's Large Meeting Network. Boy that's just what I wanted...Cause you know I'm working my way up that Hyatt corporate management ladder!! And these are just the ticket to get me there what luck!

How the heck can they be out of stock..it's a publishing company for God's sake, it's what they do! -Jason

Thanks otakudude it was a great gesture.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

How convient, they are out of stock and right after giving them my email address. But wait there is more!

About what I figured.

Thanks anyway, otakudude.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Im pissed. both links are now out of stock
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
I was able to sign up for them, also some aviation biz mags, which I was happy about since I am going to school for aviation maintainance.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
09 Dodge Caliber SXT

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
tricked into the spam mail again... Should have read the rest of the thread before giving it up!
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm glad some people were able to get the subscriptions. To those who didn't, I wouldn't worry about spam if I were you. I signed up to get email alerts from them and that's the only thing I get.

This company (and one other that I know of) exist to give out magazine subscriptions, both digital and print editions. They receive these offers from many different magazine publishers.

The way I understand it is that magazines get much of their revenue from ads they sell rather than subscriptions or newsstand sales. Of course they're able to charge more for the ads based on the number of readers they have. One way to boost this number is to give out free subscriptions which can be as short as three months to over a year+. Over the past few years, I've signed up for magazines as diverse as 'Antiques', 'Motor Trend' and 'Wired' (I have a lot of interests).

In any event, next time I see them offer another car magazine I'll post it here ASAP. Hopefully more people will be able to get in on it before they run out.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by otakudude:

Well, I'm glad some people were able to get the subscriptions. To those who didn't, I wouldn't worry about spam if I were you. I signed up to get email alerts from them and that's the only thing I get.

This company (and one other that I know of) exist to give out magazine subscriptions, both digital and print editions. They receive these offers from many different magazine publishers.

The way I understand it is that magazines get much of their revenue from ads they sell rather than subscriptions or newsstand sales. Of course they're able to charge more for the ads based on the number of readers they have. One way to boost this number is to give out free subscriptions which can be as short as three months to over a year+. Over the past few years, I've signed up for magazines as diverse as 'Antiques', 'Motor Trend' and 'Wired' (I have a lot of interests).

In any event, next time I see them offer another car magazine I'll post it here ASAP. Hopefully more people will be able to get in on it before they run out.

I really hope that you don't feel my last post was a passive poke at you. Thanks for your good intentions! I am just a fool for the actual spam crap and have a horrible in box to prove it lol.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Here's another one that might be of interest to any of you biker boyz: Sport Rider Magazine.
http://www.freebizmag.com/b...trider_01welcome.htm
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Here's another one that might be of interest to any of you biker boyz: Sport Rider Magazine.
http://www.freebizmag.com/b...trider_01welcome.htm

Got it.

Thanks.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
You're welcome BDub.
Here's another-- Popular Science:
https://www.valuemags.com/freeoffer/freeoffer.asp?offer=PopularScience-MeTooSoftware.asp

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock