Started on: 02-03-2010 09:35 AM
Replies: 183
Last post by: blakeinspace on 02-05-2011 06:14 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
What they need is someone "pure of heart" to make a white smoke monster to duke it out with the black smoke monster.

I think it'll be Hurley.

Or else, like I said, it will play out like...

"Hugo... Hugo! Wake up! Take your meds!"
"Whoa, dude... I had the weirdest dream. There was an island... and a smoke monster.... and..."
"That's nice Hugo. Take your meds."

IP: Logged
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:
What they need is someone "pure of heart" to make a white smoke monster to duke it out with the black smoke monster.

I think it'll be Hurley.

Or else, like I said, it will play out like...

"Hugo... Hugo! Wake up! Take your meds!"
"Whoa, dude... I had the weirdest dream. There was an island... and a smoke monster.... and..."
"That's nice Hugo. Take your meds."

think he'll fit down the hole? Jay & Silent Bob: like Winnie the Pooh

anyways - we've been promised it is NOT a dream sequence
or a purgatory / They're all dead thing.

but - yes - the alternate reality is gonna be VERY tough to splice together - hope they do a good job of it
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
my theory of the ending will be Jack and Locke, sitthing on the beach watching a ship sail by, and Locke will say "You know how long i have wanted to kill you", to which jack replies " yes i know". Alittle deja vue goes a long way.

dan
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I think someone will die in the sideways, and be the one who stays on the island. When Whitmore told Smoke Monster/John Locke whatever secret about Desmond he told him, it was to make sure that Smokey got Desmond into the position to cause the plane crash (not pushing the button) and again John Locke was involved in the Swan being destroyed.. by Desmond not pushing the button. Everyone who dies on the island lives in the sideways... except Richard.. ut he shoulda been dead a while ago. He was off the island for a while to bring Juliette to the island, he woulda been old then, right? what was he doing with the Dharma group - Evan, the doctor, was there - right? It'll be Hurley's voice on the radio loop counting out the numbers. I was surprised Miles hasn't bought it yet. Seems like all the kids (except for Aaron) born on the island die.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:
my theory of the ending will be Jack and Locke, sitthing on the beach watching a ship sail by, and Locke will say "You know how long i have wanted to kill you", to which jack replies " yes i know". Alittle deja vue goes a long way.

dan

that would be cute

does the smoke monster/MIB/Locke get to live forever? Jacob & their "Mom" both aged & passed.
and, I really dont get why they didnt just let him leave back when he was human?

still not sure there is any "good guys/bad guys"
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I've been watching the final since 6pm, It's a 4.5 hour season finale. How awesome is that!

Brad
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Good times!
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
I'm lost
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
No spoilers for those in central time zone!!!

but for the rest of us: OMG!!!
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

think he'll fit down the hole? Jay & Silent Bob: like Winnie the Pooh

anyways - we've been promised it is NOT a dream sequence
or a purgatory / They're all dead thing.

but - yes - the alternate reality is gonna be VERY tough to splice together - hope they do a good job of it

turned out they were all dead...lol
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I watched this show for 6 years....for this?

I'm more than disappointed.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

I watched this show for 6 years....for this?

I'm more than disappointed.

Yeah, a lot of cheese in this LOST sandwich. It's like watching "What Dreams May Come" with more punching.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I think it ended alright......how much more could we expect? There was no way they would ever be able to fully explain what the island is or it's powers, etc. Basically, life went on for each person on the island and life went on for the island too, much like life goes on for each of us . The flash sideways was merely a tool they used to find each other after they died. That certainly explained the odd differences in the flash sideways.....yeah, the creators of the show said that they weren't dead and technically that was true. They did survive the plane crash and they were alive on the island and everything that happened to them really happened.....it was the sideways world that was purgatory. They all died at different times and met up in the sideways world.......it seems that Miles, Kate, Sawyer, Richard, Claire and Capt. Lapidus were the only people to leave the island alive and their ultimate fate is a mystery (as far as how or when they died).

I'm glad they left a few mysteries unsolved for us......answering every last question would have been pointless, although I'd like to know how Richard's life panned out or who took over for Hurley on the island, etc. but I'm OK with it because there will always be questions that will never be answered in our own life. We don't die knowing everything......just what happened in our immediate lives.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
So... I guess whomever started the rumor that it was purgatory was right... and the producers had to quickly come up with a solution to someone spoiling the ending.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

So... I guess whomever started the rumor that it was purgatory was right... and the producers had to quickly come up with a solution to someone spoiling the ending.

Yep.....can't blame the producers for pooh-poohing those rumors. With a popular show, such as LOST, keeping those kinds of secrets secret is an impossble mission. They twisted it around a bit by making the flash sideways world so the island itself wasn't purgatory like many suggested years ago.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Disappointing
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
I'm becoming more and more reluctant to invest my time in any series because the endings are usually so horrible - this was yet another major disappointment. I really, really, wish I could have my 4.5 hours back. It was actually pretty good right up to the last half-hour or so. Even if they realized that escaping meant being in some bizarre alternate reality, and finally realized that they would all rather be on the island together...

Oz, Sopranos, and now Lost - three of my all-time favorite shows end in utter disappointment. I wasn't crazy about the Seinfeld ending, and the fact that there were no movies, but had to admit that the four social misfits ending up in that predicament fit the premise of the show. Lost's final purgatory BS was just stupid.

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 05-24-2010).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
After watching all I can say is WTF. I was wanting a better explaination of things guess I'll never know. Questions just lead to more questions so stop asking.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Long running shows rarely end 'well'. The Sopranos ending was a bit dissapointing,(did he get wacked? Was it just saying that he would always have to scope out every room he enters for his potential assassin? Will life just go one, etc...) but that show became less and less enjoyable as time went on. There were some great episodes, but a whole lotaa 'ho-hum' ones.
I'd rather watch a GOOD miniseries or a 1-2 season show then watch something that annoys me...

Not gonna watch much TV, heh, barely do now (2 hours a week)we'll wait till a show ends before we get too 'into it'.

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone watch the Alternate Endings on Kimmel?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Yea, it was a typical Kimmel scam just as I expected. I was hoping for something semi serious from him since he had about the entire cast on the show. Too bad. It managed to piss me off at him, he's really gone downhill over the past few years.

Brad
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I was under the impression that the creators had an ending for the show the entire time. An impression that was started by the creators.

In the end it seems like they kinda threw the ending together at the last minute. I am still wondering why it ended that way, and if there could have been a better way. I'm kinda depressed that it's gone so soon, it seems like it should have went a few more weeks before ending to explain a little more.

Why did Claire have Aaron in the flash sideways? Why is Jack living with Juliet? If you found out you were living in a fake world and all of the sudden remembered the people you love, and were with them again, would you just let it end if you could help it? Or would you go have a cup of coffee, and just hold each other for a while?

Was "Jacks son" Juliet and James' kid? Why didn't he go with them? Wouldn't you think if you could pick anyone to wait and go to heaven with it would be your son?

There were a lot of people from the show that were not in the final episode. Notably Walt, and Michael IMHO. I know Walt was not there because he doesn't look like he did, but come on.

Brad
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I didn't watch the show but from the reactions it sounds like they took a page out of the movie "Jacob's Ladder".

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I didn't watch the show but from the reactions it sounds like they took a page out of the movie "Jacob's Ladder".

Did it end poorly as well? I may have to find that one.

Brad
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Better than the real ending. I told ya'll this show was a joke and lame. They threw it together as they went. I kept telling my wife she was going to be disappointed, But NOOOOOO she didn't listen to me. She hated the ending and was angry she stayed up to watch it and wasted 6 years of her life. Man, I hate being right all the time.

Jim

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
I didn't expect them to answer all the questions, the mysterious nature of the island was too much a part of the show. I would just rather be left wondering with a good final story. Take a few of the best episodes and measure your grand finale against them. Like they said in the preliminary show, the episodes where they sailed off on the raft, and where Richard's story was told, were almost like watching epic movies. How can you rise to that level, and then end with an episode that's like a setup for the cliffhanger? Imagine if they had ended Seinfeld with everyone preparing to go to the trial.
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post

toddshotrods

1177 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by jimbolaya:...They threw it together as they went...

As a once devoted fan, I often felt like that as I was watching the series but the human stories were awesome. The show was really about human nature, and the mysterious island just forced it to the surface. Just stick to the format, and not end with some philosophical BS about the afterlife. If that was going to be the final subject it should have been focused on human drama concerning it, not some dreamy blissful transistion into it.

It seems as if like the writers and producers were trying to sell their beliefs on life and death from the beginning, but the show took on a life of its own and became much more than that. To me, they tried to return to their original goal to finish it and dropped the ball.

Tonight is my redemption, I hope, because I get to watch Jack Bauer go off the deep end... Fingers crossed that 24 will show 'em how to end a series.

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 05-24-2010).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
How are you all so disappointed??

I loved the ending. The first 3 seasons were awesome for me, but the 4th is where I felt like they had lost direction. They were throwing things in that didn't make any sense etc. etc. But the 5th season made me happy, even not answering anything I felt they were on a track leading somewhere specific again. This last season didn't disappoint. Not in the slightest. I was actually VERY impressed with how it ended. I feel that there are so many other angles they could have taken it, and each one would have been plain and horrible. This was happy, it was necessary, and it was the best choice.

Some things aren't spelled out, sure. But a LOT of things are. And they leave enough mystery that we have to think about it, and really figure out the hidden meanings. It keeps us talking about the show when it's over, it keeps the fans united even when the show is gone.
Much like the flash sideways kept the people together even when they were gone...

I thought it was spectacular. It moved me. Not in a spiritual way at all, because spiritually it didn't make much impact. But just emotionally... all of the beloved characters we had grown to love, all the wonderful relationships that had formed (anyone else forget about Sayid and Shannon? I know I did!), they all were brought back together and united again. I thought it was beautiful... And when Jack was with his father... WOW. Jack's memories of his father were so impure and he was so damaged... but everything was fixed. Everything was right.

Maybe I took it too seriously (my friends have been making fun of me all day yesterday and today about how involved I was in this show), but still... I'm attached. Always will be. LOST was awesome, I can't imagine a more unique show actually being able to succeed. This was marvelous.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

How are you all so disappointed??

Why was there a polarbear and how come it was not dead because of the heat? How could the island "jump" in time? Where did the smoke monster come from? Why couldn't MIB leave the island? What about the 4 toed statue?

There are lots of unanswered questions that the sci-fi in me wants answers for.

PFF
System Bot
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:...but everything was fixed. Everything was right...

That's the problem, in my opinion. The whole show was about how things were not right; about human emotional and physical struggle. Then all of a sudden, it's bliss. BS!

Another thing that was off to me was Jack going down to fix the island's heart. If Desmond was so special, because he was unaffected by the island's electro-magnetic energy, how did Jack do it too, and walk around later? Why was Desmond down for the count this time, and an injured Jack able to save him? There are a lot of little things like this that really do make it seem like they were improvising, and couldn't decide on how to tie it all together. A well written story doesn't have to answer all the questions, but presents them in a way that you can answer them yourself, according to your own beliefs and convictions. There would still be room for vigorious debate; space for it to live on. Lost left too many irreconcilable differences.

There's one solution to this - movies!

Edited for my movie idea...

The first movie should start with a flash back to Egyptians and Mayans plotting the location of the island, and documenting it. In the background, huge stone blocks are being hoisted into place, creating enormous pyramids, by apparently superhuman Egyptians and Mayans. Then it flashes forward to the Dharma people deciphering that information and begining to track the island...

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 05-25-2010).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

well - technicly - they DID know the ending - as "Jack" mentioned on Jimmy Kimmel: his eye closes.
so - yeah - they knew the ending.....

but - c'mon. anyone have a clue about who/what Dharma was? simple enough Q to answer, aint it??

still not quite settle on the flash sideways stuff - maybe gotta re-watch - because Sawyer left on the airplane - so was he in the "church crowd" at the end? was to pissed by then to pay attention.....how'd he survive the bomb?

BAH

and having just rewatched the whole series (1 thru 5) over the last few weeks - could clearly see how this finale was NOT the "plan all along"

so, basicly all of season 6 was useless junk - they're all dead already? the show actually ended when they blew up the bomb?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

so, basicly all of season 6 was useless junk - they're all dead already? the show actually ended when they blew up the bomb?

Yes.

Basically they were dead and didn't realize it.

Sawyer was in the church. All around the bomb should not have been around unless they were already dead and couldn't die again by blowing up the bomb. It's pretty simple, they should have been at the very least poisoned by the radiation fall out from the bomb. Nobody got sick, because they were already dead.

I don't think they survived the plane crash, all they did was wander around in "a lost land" for 6 seasons. Even when they were found it was all a dream. This is why all the strange things happened. The Polar bears, the Dharma initiative, the temple, lighthouse, and Jacobs house, and all the other stuff that was only there when they were looking for it.

A lot of red herrings, I'm thinking Desmond was a version of the Grim Reaper, while Jacob was God, and MIB (still never got his name) was Satan.

I'd go watch a movie.

Brad
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:...Basically they were dead and didn't realize it...I don't think they survived the plane crash, all they did was wander around in "a lost land" for 6 seasons. Even when they were found it was all a dream. This is why all the strange things happened. The Polar bears, the Dharma initiative, the temple, lighthouse, and Jacobs house, and all the other stuff that was only there when they were looking for it...

That's the only thing that even halfway makes sense - but it's still a cop out. It's easier to just wrap it all up as a weird dream that didn't have to make sense, because dreams don't. If I was going that route, the finale would have had Jack making contact with all those people over the course of his life, then waking up from the most bizarre dream in the history of man (featuring all those people) as the plane touched down in LA. That would have made me laugh, but also wonder if there was a reason for the dream as he stumbled around, looking at all those people like he just saw a bunch of ghosts. Then, the movie would start with him wrestling with that dream and why he can't shake it...

------------------
Todd Perkins Design

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Why was there a polarbear

Part of the Dharma initiative to test the electromagnetism of the island! The polar bears could do something special--can't remember. But they definitely explained it like 4th or 5th season.

How could the island "jump" in time? Where did the smoke monster come from? Why couldn't MIB leave the island? What about the 4 toed statue?

The island could jump in time, because the light was a very powerful, supernatural object that contained mystical properties. It's electromagnetism let it make leaps in space, just as Daniel Faraday understood it. They explained that 5th season.

The smoke monster resulted from Jacob not being able to kill the man in black, but him being forced to be put through something "worse than death" as the fake mother said. Remember, "Locke" told Ben when asked why he doesn't remain in smoke form "I like to feel the ground beneath my feet. It reminds me that I was once human." The only way to resume proper form was to take the body of a dead man. He was himself, but could never be himself again. AND he was still anchored to the island -- worse than death.

He couldn't leave the island because of the spells that their fake mother put on them. How could they live forever? Same thing. It had to do with their mother and how she prepared their lives. Obviously as protector of the island you have very potent powers in the supernatural.

The four toed statue was explained. Jacob has brought many people to the island, and one of those groups that he brought built it. Then, Richard's slave ship broke it so it was just a statue, and Jacob inhabited it.

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

If Desmond was so special, because he was unaffected by the island's electro-magnetic energy, how did Jack do it too, and walk around later?

Jack was the new protector of the light. Desmond was special, he could resist the electromagnetism, but he couldn't turn it back on. As to Jack walking around before falling to the ground? That is unexplained. They used it for dramatic effect, I suppose. I'm okay with it.

but - c'mon. anyone have a clue about who/what Dharma was? simple enough Q to answer, aint it??

still not quite settle on the flash sideways stuff - maybe gotta re-watch - because Sawyer left on the airplane - so was he in the "church crowd" at the end? was to pissed by then to pay attention.....how'd he survive the bomb?

The Dharma initiative was there to study the island's electromagnetism. The electromagnetism was the key to the whole mystery, and they were just there to study it. That was explained numerous times!

The flash-sideways was just their way of reconnecting after death. Christian said: "Well there is no now, here." My guess is Hurley created this alternate time in order for everyone to unite (He created it after the show ends, perhaps). And everyone is there, even Kate and such, because it transcends time.

The flash sideways was merely a tool they used to find each other after they died. That explains the odd differences in the flash sideways... They did survive the plane crash and they were alive on the island and everything that happened to them really happened, it was the sideways world that was their "purgatory." Miles, Kate, Sawyer, Richard, Claire and Capt. Lapidus were the only people to leave the island alive and their ultimate fate is a mystery (as far as how or when they died).

Blew up the bomb? They didn't blow up the island... they left on an airplane.

--------------------

I think twofatguys is wrong, because of many reasons. They didn't give the impression that the island was from after death, they actually specifically said in a press conference after season 2 or 3 that the island itself WASN'T some sort of purgatory.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010
Oh and parts of all of this are already explained above! I just copy pasted then made it fit my context. That credit goes to MrFiero.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Sorry, your response doesn't really answer the questions. There is no REAL answer to how the electromagnetism caused the island to jump. Moving a wheel made the island shift in time? Right.... Lame. How did the wheel get there? We seen an episode with the wheel, but the well was destroyed.

Just saying the fake mother was supernatural is not good enough. As for the statue... why only 4 toes? I don't care who built it, I want to know why and why it only has 4 toes!

The problem is that people want to read more into this show than was provided. The Darma experiments were decades before the Lost crew showed up. How can a polarbear survive there? It isn't explained. Just saying that the Darma group was experimenting is not good enough.

Why did the MIB turn to smoke? Am I just supposed to accept that it happened and not wonder how that would happen?

If some of the island residents had they powers that they did, why couldn't they keep others off the island? What supernatural powers did they have and how did they get them? I just won't accept that they have powers. I want to know the reasons.

Sorry, I just don't accept the answers, the producers of the show didn't have a plan, they just wrote one season at a time and hoped for the best.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, your response doesn't really answer the questions. There is no REAL answer to how the electromagnetism caused the island to jump. Moving a wheel made the island shift in time? Right.... Lame. How did the wheel get there? We seen an episode with the wheel, but the well was destroyed.

Just saying the fake mother was supernatural is not good enough. As for the statue... why only 4 toes? I don't care who built it, I want to know why and why it only has 4 toes!

The problem is that people want to read more into this show than was provided. The Darma experiments were decades before the Lost crew showed up. How can a polarbear survive there? It isn't explained. Just saying that the Darma group was experimenting is not good enough.

Why did the MIB turn to smoke? Am I just supposed to accept that it happened and not wonder how that would happen?

If some of the island residents had they powers that they did, why couldn't they keep others off the island? What supernatural powers did they have and how did they get them? I just won't accept that they have powers. I want to know the reasons.

Sorry, I just don't accept the answers, the producers of the show didn't have a plan, they just wrote one season at a time and hoped for the best.

yes...much of why this was such a disapointment......the writers story was spiritual, and most of us watching were looking for scientific answers.....actually one of the running themes of the series faith vs science.....

they had a plan - start with jacks eye opening, and end with his eye closing......it was a plan...lame..but a plan....
but - so damn upset about the "they're all dead" part. that SO sucks. one of the things we were endlessly promised it would NOT be.....

so, in the end - the island goes on. just as it always has.....with Hugo in charge...? isnt Hugo dead? does this imply Jacob was dead all along? and his twin Bro? and their fake mom? well, does make sense in that only dead people could see Jacob.....wait - no - Richard saw him....is again - is rRchard dead? UG!
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
Every answer I've heard or read for what wasn't clearly explained during the course of the show is pure speculation. Sometimes even though shows have dumb endings, you kind of make peace with it eventually. Every minute that goes by, and every discussion that takes place, just makes this on seem more ridiculous. I will really be reluctant to invest this much time in another show again. I'm going to stick to sitcoms and movies... At least with a bad movie you only have a couple hours of your life invested.

I though 24 would make me feel better, but it was just a typical Jack Baer setup for the next one - since they're going to the big screen. It wasn't bad, just typical.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock