LOST, final season... by blakeinspace
Started on: 02-03-2010 09:35 AM
Replies: 183
Last post by: blakeinspace on 02-05-2011 06:14 PM
sadie goad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
LOST is the greatest.
The creators have known the ending since the beginning, they just didn't know all the stuff in the middle.

This whole alternate (sideways) timeline is really throwing me for a loop. I want to know who is Jack's baby momma!
I can't wait 'til Tuesday!
IP: Logged
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

LOST is the greatest.
The creators have known the ending since the beginning, they just didn't know all the stuff in the middle.

This whole alternate (sideways) timeline is really throwing me for a loop. I want to know who is Jack's baby momma!
I can't wait 'til Tuesday!

The "original" Jack was divorced too, but no kid. I just figured in the alternate timeline they'd had a kid.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

i also would like to know why Boone's sister was not on the plane. the explantion Boone gave is not good enough for me since she crashed on the island so that puts her ass on the plane.

Boone went to Australia to 'save' Shannon from her current abusive guy. Originally she left Australia with him, so she was on the plane and crashed ont he island. In this new timeline, she opted not to leave Australia with him, therefore she was NOT on the 'new' plane. (Boone even mentiones her offhand when he's talking to Locke on the 'new' plane.) This shows that the bomb blowing up in the past altered things even before the magnetic pulse would have pulled Oceanic 815 from the sky.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Boone went to Australia to 'save' Shannon from her current abusive guy. Originally she left Australia with him, so she was on the plane and crashed ont he island. In this new timeline, she opted not to leave Australia with him, therefore she was NOT on the 'new' plane. (Boone even mentiones her offhand when he's talking to Locke on the 'new' plane.) This shows that the bomb blowing up in the past altered things even before the magnetic pulse would have pulled Oceanic 815 from the sky.

Which would possibly explain Desmond's presence on the plane. If Widmore was never on the Island, he possibly never existed, and if he did exist, he never left the Island and slept with Penny's mom, thus creating Penny. I feel like in this storyline there's a high probability that neither Penny nor Faraday exist. (And if they do, they don't have any correlation with each other or with Desmond.)
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

If Widmore was never on the Island, he possibly never existed,

Widmore most definitely existed, and was on the island. We see him as a young man on the island when they first find the bomb, back when everything is skipping around, then again when Ellie shoots Daniel, just before they blow everything up.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

(language)

I have to watch last week's episode to get caught up. It's fun watching two in a row, you feel better about the answers you do get.

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

(language)

I have to watch last week's episode to get caught up. It's fun watching two in a row, you feel better about the answers you do get.

I can't see the link And I am watching each episode several times, I love the "catch up" episode in the first hour, it is really a good feeling when they say something I came up with the week before. There has been a lot of stuff I was wrong about, but that makes it even better .

Brad
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

LOST is the greatest.

The creators have known the ending since the beginning

THAT is important. Nothing worse then a concept with no idea of a final resolution for most of the main characters... Hope the show ends in a satisfactory way for its fans...
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but didn't an "other" once say that the smoke monster was actually a guardian of the island once?

Another of my million questions. The "other, others" lived in the temple, and the "others" lived on the complex on the little island, and in the village on the main island. Why did they leave the temple alone? Why did they pretend at first and keep the tailies in a pretend camp?

As I remember them I will ask, I can go on the sites and look, but then I just get more answers.

Brad
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
got mostly caught up... anybody REALLY believe that Dogen is dead?... He's floating around in the fountain of youth for cripes sake!... of course it is tainted or somesuch...

Anyway... I wanted to give mad props to our local ABC affiliate. It was a BIG election night in Texas on Tuesday and while they did have scrolling election results (kinda annoying)... they did not once break into the LOST feed to interrupt. They gave some results during commercial breaks... probably lost (Ha!) some revenue in doing so... but we did not miss a minute.

Thank You WFAA ABC!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
are we being led like sheep to believe that Benjamin Linus, much like Darth Vader, has a seed of goodness in him?

not so sure I like good Ben.
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
are we being led like sheep to believe that Benjamin Linus, much like Darth Vader, has a seed of goodness in him?

not so sure I like good Ben.

of course he does. we've seen it since we first met him.
he just lives inside a harsher reality than most of us. he has Sophie's Choice for breakfast.

isnt it fun watching Jack now walking to line of faith? and Locke being Mr Reality.....well, Fake Locke.....
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
For me, the show is just not that great anymore. Too bad, I enjoyed the show for the first few seasons, but lately my interest in dropping.

J.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I love the show still!

I loved the season 1 style beach ending .

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
oh, i can wait to find out Richard's story been waiting ever since we've noticed he doesn't age.

pretty good side-flash, knowing that sawyer is a cop now and miles is his partner.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

oh, i can wait to find out Richard's story been waiting ever since we've noticed he doesn't age.

pretty good side-flash, knowing that sawyer is a cop now and miles is his partner.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

my DVR stop recording the show leaving me saying WTF!!!!
the last thing recorded was hurley talking to richard and his dead wife.
will have to wait until next week and watch the this weeks show again.

blake - did you tape it?
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Nice. They explained more in that ONE episode then they had in the previous two seasons!
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
That was a friggin good episode!!

I was impressed, the bad part for the DVR guys was that it lasted 5 or 6 minutes past the regular end time, that'll make em watch next week.

I think there are places you can watch entire episodes for free.

Brad
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i have not missed a show since it started, cool show.too bad it has to end soon.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Best episode in a loooong time!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

my DVR stop recording the show leaving me saying WTF!!!!
the last thing recorded was hurley talking to richard and his dead wife.
will have to wait until next week and watch the this weeks show again.

blake - did you tape it?

www.abc.com or www.hulu.com

if you are in canada... www.ctv.ca

you can watch online for free

J.
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
Best episode in a loooong time!

yes - it did really dance around some REAL answers, eh?!

like wtf happened to the statue WHAP - hit by a ship?! lol
didnt like how the parts fell, assuming the ship was moving inland - shouldnt all peices also have fallen inland....

and - most important: Jacob directly bringing people to the island for his own amusement. and, "The Man in Black" impersonates people. still not sure what he needed Locke for in that case, but - assuming he was kates horse & jacks dad. tho - I am still wondering about Desmond. could Desmond have been one of his impersonations? have we seen Desmond & the Smoke monster/Fake Locke/Man in Black at the same time?
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
could Desmond have been one of his impersonations? have we seen Desmond & the Smoke monster/Fake Locke/Man in Black at the same time?

Doubt it. We know Desmond has left the island, and Smokey can't do that (that's the whole point - that Smokey just wants to leave...)
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:
Doubt it. We know Desmond has left the island, and Smokey can't do that (that's the whole point - that Smokey just wants to leave...)

not quite sure about that. Smokey wants to go home - which may not be on Earth. I see no reason (yet) Jacob could travel the world, while Smokey could not. But, last episode did mention something about being without "real" physical form.

and, how's about some white smoke? is that something yet to come?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

I also believe I remember it being said that the Man in Black can only impersonate the dead, and we know from the alternate timeline that Desmond is alive.

I'm starting to think Jacob, and the Man in Black are going to end up being the same person (just different personalities. Why would the Smoke monster not kill the people that are there to prove a point, just to prove a point.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 03-24-2010).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I'm starting to think Jacob, and the Man in Black are going to end up being the same person

Probably... that's very Zen.. yin and yang and all that.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
OK, so Im doing pretty good at keeping up this season. Then they throw last nite at me. WTF. Wasnt this all about this post WWII group (Darma) and an airliner crashing ? Where the hell did a slave ship in the 1800s come from............ again.
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

OK, so Im doing pretty good at keeping up this season. Then they throw last nite at me. WTF. Wasnt this all about this post WWII group (Darma) and an airliner crashing ? Where the hell did a slave ship in the 1800s come from............ again.

They were just explaining Richards story.

I don't think Jacob and man in black are the same person but who knows. I think ones represents 'good' and the other evil and I don't think jacob brings people there for his own amusement. I think he brings people there to prove to the man in black that people are inherently good and humanity isn't terrible although he somehow hasn't been able to accomplish that yet. I've course I'm just pulling this all out of thin air and anybodies guess is as good as mine.

Any guesses as to what the white rock that richard gave the man in black represents?
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

Any guesses as to what the white rock that richard gave the man in black represents?

If you recall, they were on the scale in the cave (lighthouse?)... a black and a white rock. Probably meant to represent good and evil being "balanced".
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
k... was it just me or did anyone else think for a few seconds there that Hurley was going to immitate the role of Whoopie Goldberg in 'Ghost' and start macking down with Ricardo like Demi did pretending it was Patrick Swayze?

anyway... it made me laugh thinkg about it... even if that isn't what happened.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:
If you recall, they were on the scale in the cave (lighthouse?)... a black and a white rock. Probably meant to represent good and evil being "balanced".

and, two more references from season1: the backgammon games - in which the battle between light & dark was discussed. and - one which I missed originaly, and just caught last week, while rewatching the first season - the 2 bodies/remains that they found in the caves - one of them had a small purse, in which was 1 black stone, and 1 white stone.
PFF
System Bot
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I am starting to think more and more that this is purgatory, final judgement kind of thing. If someone was on the fence during their life they came here to be judged. Those that have gone have proven themselves one way or another by their choices once on the island. Like Charlie, he gave his life for the others so he proved he was inherently good and went to some sort of heaven.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroReinke:
I am starting to think more and more that this is purgatory, final judgement kind of thing. If someone was on the fence during their life they came here to be judged. Those that have gone have proven themselves one way or another by their choices once on the island. Like Charlie, he gave his life for the others so he proved he was inherently good and went to some sort of heaven.

we have been promised this tired plot would NOT be it - along with any form of just being dreams
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
You know, I am more than a little upset about the Giant V in the bottom of the screen. It blocked some of the translation between Sun, and Jin, and whatever she was writing to Jack. not to mention how distracting it was to have a giant red V telling us how long until the episode ended.

Brad

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

You know, I am more than a little upset about the Giant V in the bottom of the screen. It blocked some of the translation between Sun, and Jin, and whatever she was writing to Jack. not to mention how distracting it was to have a giant red V telling us how long until the episode ended.

Brad

agreed wholeheartedly...!

in other news... that guy that plays the Russian is a total bad___... albiet a dead total bas___...
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
Why were sun and jin all secretive about being together, weren't they already married at that point?

------------------

Talonzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TalonzzSend a Private Message to TalonzzDirect Link to This Post
I tought that was prety messed up about the money customes took, what it was ment to pay for. I also thought they were already married.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

Why were sun and jin all secretive about being together, weren't they already married at that point?

In the original timeline, yes, they were married.

In the timeline that exists ever since the bomb blew up in the 1970's, they are not. One of many, many subtle differences we've been shown.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

In the original timeline, yes, they were married.

In the timeline that exists ever since the bomb blew up in the 1970's, they are not. One of many, many subtle differences we've been shown.

Ok, I guess I've just been assuming that everything was the same except this time they landed in LA, that makes much more sense though
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Another good one! I was about to type "If only every episode was like that..." But then, if every episode were that revealing, they wouldn't have been able to build the suspense their famous (or infamous) for.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock