w00t lets go RAVENS! by hookdonspeed
Started on: 08-13-2009 09:06 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: tbone42 on 01-16-2011 12:26 AM
BENGAL4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Just wondering if you guys bet on games if so maybe we can post our thoughts and "help" each other. Here's a great hint.... go opposite to whatever I pick .

Seriously though any early likes??

newf,

I don't bet on games. The reason is, I'm no good at it. I bet with my heart and not my head.

IP: Logged
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BENGAL4:

I'm sure alot of Browns fans feel the same way, although they knew the move was coming. I don't think Art Model has been back to Cleveland since the move. It was a shame how both cities were treated.

I also read where Model offered the Colts, 5 million dollars for the Colts name, records etc. Jimmy Irsay said he would sell it for 50 million. Art said no and the Baltimore Ravens were born.

When Mike Brown was asking for a new stadium, he met with the Maryland goverment. Thank God he didn't take the deal and Cincinnati kept the Bengals. If he would have moved, Cincinnati would have never seen another franchise here.

I do think there were differences in the Baltimore and Cleveland situation, and while on the surface one might say well the end result was the same, when you dig deep you realize they were treated like royalty when the Browns left, Baltimore was treated like crap when the Colts left (they gave Jacksonville an expansion over us?!).

And no offense but from what I've seen from Mike Brown I will echo your sentiments - thank God he stayed in Ohio!

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

I do think there were differences in the Baltimore and Cleveland situation, and while on the surface one might say well the end result was the same, when you dig deep you realize they were treated like royalty when the Browns left, Baltimore was treated like crap when the Colts left (they gave Jacksonville an expansion over us?!).

And no offense but from what I've seen from Mike Brown I will echo your sentiments - thank God he stayed in Ohio!

I think the reason J-ville got a franchise over Baltimore was the Redskins. They had the whole region to themselves. I read that the Irsay family had promised to vote for Baltimore expansion and didn't.

Cleveland was treated like royalty after the Browns left. There also was talk about the Bengals moving north too.

On another note, 45-10 what a butt whipping.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, Tagliaboob didn't want to upset his good friend Jack Kent Cooke. Meanwhile no one from Baltimore would ever root for a Washington team, ever. Most people either adopted the flavor of the era team (Bears in the mid 80s, 49ers in the late 80s, Cowboys in the 90s, etc) or stopped caring.

It's not a hindsight it 20/20 thing either, who the hell could possibly think Jacksonville could support a team when they don't draw from any other major area? Orlando is Bucs country and college football reigns supreme most everywhere else. I know they bought into the whole "Jacksonville is a growing area" argument, but still, there is no way they could have expected those seats to sell out every year. Hell even when they are good they don't sell out, and they've had plenty of years where they were good.

Yea Bears suck, I knew that was gonna happen. First game the Bengals offense has really clicked IMO. It didn't hurt that Tommie Harris was out, but it didn't matter much.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yeah, Tagliaboob didn't want to upset his good friend Jack Kent Cooke. Meanwhile no one from Baltimore would ever root for a Washington team, ever. Most people either adopted the flavor of the era team (Bears in the mid 80s, 49ers in the late 80s, Cowboys in the 90s, etc) or stopped caring.

It's not a hindsight it 20/20 thing either, who the hell could possibly think Jacksonville could support a team when they don't draw from any other major area? Orlando is Bucs country and college football reigns supreme most everywhere else. I know they bought into the whole "Jacksonville is a growing area" argument, but still, there is no way they could have expected those seats to sell out every year. Hell even when they are good they don't sell out, and they've had plenty of years where they were good.

Yea Bears suck, I knew that was gonna happen. First game the Bengals offense has really clicked IMO. It didn't hurt that Tommie Harris was out, but it didn't matter much.

I think Jacksonville is in LA when the stadium is built there.

The Bengals were awesome yesterday. There were alot of Bear fans there and they were very vocal unil mid-way thru the 2nd quarter. Then they slowly slinked away. HAH.

Bye week this week. Chance to get some nicked up players healthy.

I think the Ravens will bounce back and take the Bronco's at home. Must game for you.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I saw an interview with art a few years a go. He said he didn't want to leave cleveland but when they refused to help him with some loans he had no choice. Clevland's old stadium was horrible. He said it made no sense...they wouldn't give him some loans that he said he would pay back in full but they then went and bought the rights to a franchise and bought a new browns stadium getting not a penny from the current owner. Hind sight is 20/20 but that sure seems dumb. I don't usually think cities should help pay for stadiums but cleveland bought a new field for the indians ...a new arena for the cavs ( Who the hell went to see them pre Lebron) and a rock n roll hall of fame. Here is a team that always had a good crowd and was beloved by your city. Why would you give in to the cavs. but not the browns? WTF
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

I think Jacksonville is in LA when the stadium is built there.

The Bengals were awesome yesterday. There were alot of Bear fans there and they were very vocal unil mid-way thru the 2nd quarter. Then they slowly slinked away. HAH.

Bye week this week. Chance to get some nicked up players healthy.

I think the Ravens will bounce back and take the Bronco's at home. Must game for you.

Jacksonville is pretty much definitely moving, it's just a matter of where.

Bears are terrible, their o-line sucks. Cutler makes bad decisions under pressure.

I hope we can beat the Broncos, we need the win badly. Our starting LT is going to be back for this game and we will sure as hell need him with their pass rush. If they can get a good pass rush we're finished. They'll put up points on our beleaguered secondary,
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Jacksonville is pretty much definitely moving, it's just a matter of where.

Bears are terrible, their o-line sucks. Cutler makes bad decisions under pressure.

I hope we can beat the Broncos, we need the win badly. Our starting LT is going to be back for this game and we will sure as hell need him with their pass rush. If they can get a good pass rush we're finished. They'll put up points on our beleaguered secondary,

I think LA is in line first. Some talking head mentioned London. Lord I hope not.

Yes, you need the win. With the game being there, I feel you guys win. Whats up with the pass rush anyway? Also you need to hold Ocean Burrito in check. At the opener, when we played Denver, Knowshon Moreno ran the ball and my wife heard his name over the PA. She looked at me and said "Ocean Burrito?" . I was rolling, She had never heard of him before. Classic.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by firstfiero:

I saw an interview with art a few years a go. He said he didn't want to leave cleveland but when they refused to help him with some loans he had no choice. Clevland's old stadium was horrible. He said it made no sense...they wouldn't give him some loans that he said he would pay back in full but they then went and bought the rights to a franchise and bought a new browns stadium getting not a penny from the current owner. Hind sight is 20/20 but that sure seems dumb. I don't usually think cities should help pay for stadiums but cleveland bought a new field for the indians ...a new arena for the cavs ( Who the hell went to see them pre Lebron) and a rock n roll hall of fame. Here is a team that always had a good crowd and was beloved by your city. Why would you give in to the cavs. but not the browns? WTF

Modell was bad with money. He owned Cleveland Stadium and he spent way too much money on free agents that didn't work out, Andre Rison for one.

The Bengals owner, Mike Brown, held Cincinnati hostage for a new stadium in the mid 90's. The stadium measure passed on the ballot with a 60-40 margin.With that. the Bengals and the Reds received new parks. We would have lost the Bengals for sure if it didn't. The stadiums cost the taxpayers a 1/2 cent increase on the sales tax, making it 5-1/2 cents on the dollar. My view on this increase is, they would raise it someday so we might as well get 2 stadiums out of it.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
So the sales tax went up a half a cent for the whole state??

Impressive win against the Bears BTW, I expected a tighter game.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

So the sales tax went up a half a cent for the whole state??

Impressive win against the Bears BTW, I expected a tighter game.

No, the increase for just for the county, Cincinnati is in, Hamilton.

Yes it did suprise alot of people.
PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
I guess Chad Ochocinco is all over ESPN today and on David Letterman tonite. Nice to get some national exposure other than being the Bungles.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

I think LA is in line first. Some talking head mentioned London. Lord I hope not.

Yes, you need the win. With the game being there, I feel you guys win. Whats up with the pass rush anyway? Also you need to hold Ocean Burrito in check. At the opener, when we played Denver, Knowshon Moreno ran the ball and my wife heard his name over the PA. She looked at me and said "Ocean Burrito?" . I was rolling, She had never heard of him before. Classic.

London would be so stupid...

I think we will win too. The problem with our pass rush is that we only have one legitimate threat - Suggs. Teams are shutting him down. Trevor Pryce got really old really fast, Kelly Gregg doesn't get the penetration he used to after his surgery, both guys will not be Ravens next year. Ngata is good but not a consistent threat to rush the passer.

That and, we don't blitz anymore! We went from one extreme to the other. Rex Ryan blitzed every other down with crazy schemes that would keep offenses confused as hell. Our new coordinator is terrible, so vanilla, we don't ever blitz and when we do the offense can see it from a mile away. I didn't think losing Rex would be a big deal but boy was I wrong. It was a huge loss.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

London would be so stupid...

I think we will win too. The problem with our pass rush is that we only have one legitimate threat - Suggs. Teams are shutting him down. Trevor Pryce got really old really fast, Kelly Gregg doesn't get the penetration he used to after his surgery, both guys will not be Ravens next year. Ngata is good but not a consistent threat to rush the passer.

That and, we don't blitz anymore! We went from one extreme to the other. Rex Ryan blitzed every other down with crazy schemes that would keep offenses confused as hell. Our new coordinator is terrible, so vanilla, we don't ever blitz and when we do the offense can see it from a mile away. I didn't think losing Rex would be a big deal but boy was I wrong. It was a huge loss.

Any time you lose a coordinator of that caliber, it is a huge loss. I remember losing Bruce Coslet after the Super Bowl year of 1988.Sam Wyche made the offensive calls and it did make a difference, even though it was his offense. Funny thing, Coslet went to the Jets to be thier HC.

I hope you game is on the TV here. I'm afraid we will get the Browns game instead. If so, I might go to the local sports bar to watch. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 10-30-2009).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Any time you lose a coordinator of that caliber, it is a huge loss. I remember losing Bruce Coslet after the Super Bowl year of 1988.Sam Wyche made the offensive calls and it did make a difference, even though it was his offense. Funny thing, Coslet went to the Jets to be thier HC.

I hope you game is on the TV here. I'm afraid we will get the Browns game instead. If so, I might go to the local sports bar to watch. Good Luck.

Yea it was definitely a huge loss. Mattison seems in over his head. I'm not saying our players are playing their best either, but you can tell the main problem is lack of pressure on the QB and our predictable blitzing schemes.

I'm sure you guys will get the Browns - what you don't want to watch the? haha

btw ocho cinco is a free agent next year - chance he'll return to Cincy?

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
So sorry Black88GT I have abet on the Ravens to cover so usually that's a death sentence for any team.

I'll be cheering for Flacco and Company today though
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

So sorry Black88GT I have abet on the Ravens to cover so usually that's a death sentence for any team.

I'll be cheering for Flacco and Company today though

ravens kicked some A$$ today, even with a few BS calls.

me and my roomate after the game rocking the authentic jerseys :P

jebus i look like 19 in that pic, would you believe im 28???
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Yup, it seems I jinxed the Giants instead. Lucky for you Ravens fans .
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Yup, it seems I jinxed the Giants instead. Lucky for you Ravens fans .

hopefully we can keep this up for a wihile this time... :P
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

hopefully we can keep this up for a wihile this time... :P

Sorry, It ends next week.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Yea it was definitely a huge loss. Mattison seems in over his head. I'm not saying our players are playing their best either, but you can tell the main problem is lack of pressure on the QB and our predictable blitzing schemes.

I'm sure you guys will get the Browns - what you don't want to watch the? haha

btw ocho cinco is a free agent next year - chance he'll return to Cincy?

Well, it looks like the Ravens defense returned yesterday. Great pass rush. Kyle Orton had no time to throw at all. Good game for you guys.

BTW, we did get the Ravens-Broncos yesterday. Thank God.

As for Chad, who knows what he will do. I don't think he comes back to Cincinnati because of his age, the Bengals wont give him the money he will want. Thats 1 reason they let TJ go to the Seahawks, his age.

PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Well, it looks like the Ravens defense returned yesterday. Great pass rush. Kyle Orton had no time to throw at all. Good game for you guys.

BTW, we did get the Ravens-Broncos yesterday. Thank God.

As for Chad, who knows what he will do. I don't think he comes back to Cincinnati because of his age, the Bengals wont give him the money he will want. Thats 1 reason they let TJ go to the Seahawks, his age.

Yea the Browns game was a real stinker (shocker!), lucky you got to watch the return of the Ravens defense!

We finally started blitzing. First play of the game. I'm almost positive that was the only blitz Mattison has called on any first down all year.

According to local radio sources, Harbaugh and the other coaches had a players only meeting where they asked for some constructive criticism. The defense spoke up about the lack of blitzing and overall intensity of the defensive scheme. They said the "read and react" defense isn't working. So this is the new scheme, we'll see how it works from here on out. If we can pressure Carson we will win, we can't afford to let him sit back there all day.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yea the Browns game was a real stinker (shocker!), lucky you got to watch the return of the Ravens defense!

We finally started blitzing. First play of the game. I'm almost positive that was the only blitz Mattison has called on any first down all year.

According to local radio sources, Harbaugh and the other coaches had a players only meeting where they asked for some constructive criticism. The defense spoke up about the lack of blitzing and overall intensity of the defensive scheme. They said the "read and react" defense isn't working. So this is the new scheme, we'll see how it works from here on out. If we can pressure Carson we will win, we can't afford to let him sit back there all day.

Well, the first play of the game, really set the tone for the whole day. Orton never got his feet set the rest of the day. I think the Bengals feel they can run the ball with success. They need to do that to keep the defense rested. Antwan Odoms replacements are filling in OK. There are 3 of them. Frostee Rucker, Jon Fanene and Michael Johnson. Each one of them have made a big play in each game. We will also have Roy Williams back. Chinedum Ndukwe has played well for him and is a better cover guy than Williams, but he doesn't knock the snot out of you like Williams does.

Since you were unable to make it this year , I am taking my 17 year old cousin by marriage to the game. It will be his 1st regular season game. He is a Colts fan and I have taken him to the preseason game against them the last 3 years. I told him he will see a big difference in the speed and play of the game. We are looking forward to it.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 11-03-2009).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Well, the first play of the game, really set the tone for the whole day. Orton never got his feet set the rest of the day. I think the Bengals feel they can run the ball with success. They need to do that to keep the defense rested. Antwan Odoms replacements are filling in OK. There are 3 of them. Frostee Rucker, Jon Fanene and Michael Johnson. Each one of them have made a big play in each game. We will also have Roy Williams back. Chinedum Ndukwe has played well for him and is a better cover guy than Williams, but he doesn't knock the snot out of you like Williams does.

Since you were unable to make it this year , I am taking my 17 year old cousin by marriage to the game. It will be his 1st regular season game. He is a Colts fan and I have taken him to the preseason game against them the last 3 years. I told him he will see a big difference in the speed and play of the game. We are looking forward to it.

Yea the first sack was huge. Orton looked scared towards the end of the game, first time I've seen our defense do that in a while. A guy on the ravens forum I post at does a defensive break down every week, and he said this week we got a lot of pressure because we played confusing defense like we used to under Rex Ryan. Lots of stunts, randomly dropping guys into coverage while blitzing a LB, **** like that.

Luckily for this Bengals game Gaither is back. If Gaither hadn't played against the Broncos, Elvis Dumervil would have been lined up against our RG who is the backup RT. He is a good guard, sucky tackle. Since Gaither played we had our first rounder Oher on the right side and Flacco had a few times where he could have pitched a tent in the pocket.

I believe that is why the Ravens are favored by three. They are a different offense with Gaither in there. I think you'll see more creativity out of Cam Cameron this go around too instead of last match up where we played Billick ball - run twice up the middle, pass on 3rd and long, punt lol.

I really wish I could have made it this year to the game. Since we are getting deployed in January there is no way I could miss a drill, plus they made it a four day drill so I have to go in thurs/fri/sat/sun. And we are doing an exercise. Can't wait! Good news is my enlistment will be up before next football season starts.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yea the first sack was huge. Orton looked scared towards the end of the game, first time I've seen our defense do that in a while. A guy on the ravens forum I post at does a defensive break down every week, and he said this week we got a lot of pressure because we played confusing defense like we used to under Rex Ryan. Lots of stunts, randomly dropping guys into coverage while blitzing a LB, **** like that.

Luckily for this Bengals game Gaither is back. If Gaither hadn't played against the Broncos, Elvis Dumervil would have been lined up against our RG who is the backup RT. He is a good guard, sucky tackle. Since Gaither played we had our first rounder Oher on the right side and Flacco had a few times where he could have pitched a tent in the pocket.

I believe that is why the Ravens are favored by three. They are a different offense with Gaither in there. I think you'll see more creativity out of Cam Cameron this go around too instead of last match up where we played Billick ball - run twice up the middle, pass on 3rd and long, punt lol.

I really wish I could have made it this year to the game. Since we are getting deployed in January there is no way I could miss a drill, plus they made it a four day drill so I have to go in thurs/fri/sat/sun. And we are doing an exercise. Can't wait! Good news is my enlistment will be up before next football season starts.

People here are bitching about being 3 point dogs at home to a division rival and a team they have already beat. That doesn't bother me. The last time we were favored at home, we lost, so that is a good omen to me.

Have you seen the previews for the movie The Blindside? I didn't know Michael Oher had that kind of background. I cant wait to see it. Makes it hard to root against him Sunday. NOT
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
A fully rested Bengals squad are ready to kick some arse.

WHODEY
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

WHODEY

Oh god.....not that again. Remember this?

Don't make me root for Baltimore this week.

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 11-06-2009).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

People here are bitching about being 3 point dogs at home to a division rival and a team they have already beat. That doesn't bother me. The last time we were favored at home, we lost, so that is a good omen to me.

Have you seen the previews for the movie The Blindside? I didn't know Michael Oher had that kind of background. I cant wait to see it. Makes it hard to root against him Sunday. NOT

Vegas gamblers know their stuff. It's a big deal not having Odom and the Ravens having Gaither. A huge deal. Not saying we have it in the bag, just pointing that out.

Also Flacco seemed to struggle to pick up the blitz against the Bengals, against the Vikings and Broncos he not only picked it up but burned their defenses. I think the Bengals may want to reconsider a lot of blitzes like the first match up.

I haven't posted in this thread because we had "double drill" this month so I've been busy at the guard base. Hopefully I get off on time for the game Sunday!
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
What a game.

The Bengals defense was awesome. Kept pressure on Flacco all day, allowing our corners to shut down the Ravens receivers. They also contained Ray Rice for the most part.

The offense scoring on their first 3 possesions was enough to win the game, as the Ravens defense adjusted and shut them out the rest of the day. Now a rematch with the Steelers awaits. On a sad note, it looks like receiver Chris Henry, may be out for the year with a broken arm.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

What a game.

The Bengals defense was awesome. Kept pressure on Flacco all day, allowing our corners to shut down the Ravens receivers. They also contained Ray Rice for the most part.

The offense scoring on their first 3 possesions was enough to win the game, as the Ravens defense adjusted and shut them out the rest of the day. Now a rematch with the Steelers awaits. On a sad note, it looks like receiver Chris Henry, may be out for the year with a broken arm.

Congrats. Even though it was another official driven game, we came out flat in the first quarter and it showed. Unfortunately we didn't get the job done, our kicker is terrible. There's always next year!
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Congrats. Even though it was another official driven game, we came out flat in the first quarter and it showed. Unfortunately we didn't get the job done, our kicker is terrible. There's always next year!

If your kicker makes that kick, I think the game goes to OT. It took all the momentum away from the Ravens.

Well, Pittsburgh awaits. They looked good last nite against the Broncos for their 5th straight win. Bengals are 6.5 point dogs already in that game. We love being the underdog.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 11-10-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Jeff, I meant to ask you. You are being deployed? Where?

Bill
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

If your kicker makes that kick, I think the game goes to OT. It took all the momentum away from the Ravens.

Well, Pittsburgh awaits. They looked good last nite against the Broncos for their 5th straight win. Bengals are 6.5 point dogs already in that game. We love being the underdog.

Yea it definitely did. I defended the kicker after the miss that would have beat the Vikings, but there is no excuse to miss a 38 yarder like that. Word is the Ravens are trying out new kickers.

Tough game against the Steelers, they avoid those crushing penalties. It will come down to the running game, if the Bengals can run they will win.

And yea we are going to Afghanistan! I heard it's great that time of year
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yea it definitely did. I defended the kicker after the miss that would have beat the Vikings, but there is no excuse to miss a 38 yarder like that. Word is the Ravens are trying out new kickers.

Tough game against the Steelers, they avoid those crushing penalties. It will come down to the running game, if the Bengals can run they will win.

And yea we are going to Afghanistan! I heard it's great that time of year

Wow, too bad Matt Stover signed with the Colts

I watched the game again last night. Nothing but crushing penalties for the Ravens. It seemed like every time they would start moving the ball, they would shoot themselves in the foot. Plus, 2 pass interference calls on the Bengals 2nd TD drive.

I feel we can run the ball on the Steelers and thats what it will come down to like you said.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you serve our country. You have my deepest thanks and respect.

Bill
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Anybody else watching the game at the moment?

Anybody else not hearing the announcers? I can hear everything else fine, stadium announcer/crowd noise, refs, sound effects, just no tv announcers. I like it

[EDIT]
Pity, now I can hear them

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 11-12-2009).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Wow, too bad Matt Stover signed with the Colts

I watched the game again last night. Nothing but crushing penalties for the Ravens. It seemed like every time they would start moving the ball, they would shoot themselves in the foot. Plus, 2 pass interference calls on the Bengals 2nd TD drive.

I feel we can run the ball on the Steelers and thats what it will come down to like you said.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you serve our country. You have my deepest thanks and respect.

Bill

yea Stover signing with the Colts definitely sucked. Quite frankly, our coach really ****ed up by not bringing Stover back. I hate saying that because hindsight is 20/20, but at the same time his reasoning was that he didn't want to carry an extra roster spot for a Kicker, but yet the extra DT's and DB's we've been carrying aren't even seeing the field. Doesn't make any sense. That decision definitely cost us one win, and at least cost us a chance at coming back in the Bengals game.

The penalties killed us. The NFL definitely calls more defensive PI or illegal contact against us than other teams, there is no disputing that. We don't have the big WR's that can take advantage of the way the new NFL is. I guarantee you that will change next offseason, we're signing a big WR.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I still can't believe I've been in for eight years now. Time flies...
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

yea Stover signing with the Colts definitely sucked. Quite frankly, our coach really ****ed up by not bringing Stover back. I hate saying that because hindsight is 20/20, but at the same time his reasoning was that he didn't want to carry an extra roster spot for a Kicker, but yet the extra DT's and DB's we've been carrying aren't even seeing the field. Doesn't make any sense. That decision definitely cost us one win, and at least cost us a chance at coming back in the Bengals game.

The penalties killed us. The NFL definitely calls more defensive PI or illegal contact against us than other teams, there is no disputing that. We don't have the big WR's that can take advantage of the way the new NFL is. I guarantee you that will change next offseason, we're signing a big WR.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I still can't believe I've been in for eight years now. Time flies...

I think the reason you get more PI cals, the Ravens are very aggresive in the defensive backfield. Carson Palmer said as much after the first game, they knew they would get a PI call because of that.

The Ravens have a bye this week. No they are playing the Browns ha ha. I can feel for them, been in that situation where you know you have no chance to win.

Hope my Bengals bring thier A game Sunday. It's going to be a good one.

Eight years. Wow. Time does fly and it seems like yesterday, your were in HS, stirring up things here on PFF. And we have come along way from "Those tricky Buccaneers" days. I'm proud to call you my friend.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

I think the reason you get more PI cals, the Ravens are very aggresive in the defensive backfield. Carson Palmer said as much after the first game, they knew they would get a PI call because of that.

The Ravens have a bye this week. No they are playing the Browns ha ha. I can feel for them, been in that situation where you know you have no chance to win.

Hope my Bengals bring thier A game Sunday. It's going to be a good one.

Eight years. Wow. Time does fly and it seems like yesterday, your were in HS, stirring up things here on PFF. And we have come along way from "Those tricky Buccaneers" days. I'm proud to call you my friend.

Yea, we tend to play aggressive, but when you see other teams getting away with the exact same stuff you tend to wonder. I have my theories.

The Browns are terrible, couldn't have happened to a better fan base. I've always liked the Bengal fan base because they stuck it out and are classy, but the Browns fans are ready to turn on their team every year. I have no respect for them, not to mention the way they act when they come into our stadium is a night and day difference from the way Bengal fans act.

I'm watching the game now as I am typing, Bengals defense is the real deal, the key is their defensive line. Their defensive line has really made a huge jump. If Odom was still in there that unit would be really scary.

We have come a long way! And thanks for the kind words, I feel the same.

edit: big win, did us a huge favor!

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 11-15-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yea, we tend to play aggressive, but when you see other teams getting away with the exact same stuff you tend to wonder. I have my theories.

The Browns are terrible, couldn't have happened to a better fan base. I've always liked the Bengal fan base because they stuck it out and are classy, but the Browns fans are ready to turn on their team every year. I have no respect for them, not to mention the way they act when they come into our stadium is a night and day difference from the way Bengal fans act.

I'm watching the game now as I am typing, Bengals defense is the real deal, the key is their defensive line. Their defensive line has really made a huge jump. If Odom was still in there that unit would be really scary.

We have come a long way! And thanks for the kind words, I feel the same.

edit: big win, did us a huge favor!

The defense was AWESOME. Took it to the Steelers and beat them at their own game. Punched them in the mouth and the bullies didn't like it. The thing about the Bengals defense is, when someone goes down, someone steps up. Keith Rivers goes down, Brandon Johnson steps up. Antwan Odom goes down, Jonathan Fanene and Michael Johnson steps up. Leon Hall goes out and Morgan Trent comes in and deflects a pass that gets picked off. Def Coordinator, Mike Zimmer, has done a helluva job.

Watched some of your game last night. The Browns defense played well for awhile, and then it was back to normal. The Ravens D looked good, but the offense was slow to start. I saw the long pass to Derrick Mason and then Ray Rice's TD. Looks like they are still having kicker problems though.

Thanks for the compliment on the Bengals fans. 90% are polite, but you have that 25 & under element that drinks too much. I guess that is everywhere.

Looks like the Bengals signed Larry Johnson. I have mixed feelings on that. I dont think he will be a distraction because the team leadership wont allow it. We will see whay happens.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

The defense was AWESOME. Took it to the Steelers and beat them at their own game. Punched them in the mouth and the bullies didn't like it. The thing about the Bengals defense is, when someone goes down, someone steps up. Keith Rivers goes down, Brandon Johnson steps up. Antwan Odom goes down, Jonathan Fanene and Michael Johnson steps up. Leon Hall goes out and Morgan Trent comes in and deflects a pass that gets picked off. Def Coordinator, Mike Zimmer, has done a helluva job.

Watched some of your game last night. The Browns defense played well for awhile, and then it was back to normal. The Ravens D looked good, but the offense was slow to start. I saw the long pass to Derrick Mason and then Ray Rice's TD. Looks like they are still having kicker problems though.

Thanks for the compliment on the Bengals fans. 90% are polite, but you have that 25 & under element that drinks too much. I guess that is everywhere.

Looks like the Bengals signed Larry Johnson. I have mixed feelings on that. I dont think he will be a distraction because the team leadership wont allow it. We will see whay happens.

That Ravens Browns game was brutal. I can't imagine the ratings for that mess. Our offense has started slow in every game so far this year, its something we really have to change if we are going to beat the better teams. I'm still holding out hope but its not looking good for our playoff hopes.

And yea I'm really impressed with the Bengals D. Quite frankly they are the reason why they are winning games, the offense hasn't been incredibly impressive. If the offense can pull it together like they did in the Bears game they'll be scary come the playoffs.

I was so glad the Stealers lost though, we needed that for the wild card race. Our only chance is to beat them twice, not impossible to do but unlikely.

For the most part the Bengal fans are polite, but yes you always have the younger, drunker element. I've had to say something to a lot of Ravens fans at Ravens games that fit that profile, you get that with any fan base unfortunately.

Regarding Larry Johnson, I guess its good for depth but that guy is a bigger nut than Chris Henry. He's a time bomb waiting to explode.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock