w00t lets go RAVENS! by hookdonspeed
Started on: 08-13-2009 09:06 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: tbone42 on 01-16-2011 12:26 AM
BENGAL4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Wow, what a game. It's a good thing I'm typing this because my voice is almost gone from yelling.

The Bengals defense was awesome, holding the highest scoring offense in the league to 7 points. They were playing their hearts out for defensive coodinater Mike Zimmer who's wife passed away suddenly last Thursday.

Carson Palmer led another last minute drive for the winning touchdown in the last minute of play. With the Ravens defense self destructing with a cheap shot from
Ray Lewis, which suprised me, and a interference call, not sure about that one, set the Bengals up to win. I thought Lewis should have been ejected and maybe suspended for that.

Oh well, it was a happy day at my house and I think the cat is still under the bed. She is always on my lap when I'm watching TV except when the Bengals play. Thats when she goes for higher ground.
IP: Logged
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Bill - the officials taught the Ravens a lesson yesterday - speak out against us publicly and reap the benefits.

Cheap shot by Ray Lewis? This is football we are fans of, correct? I'm surprised you call that a cheap shot, do you expect Ray to let Chad catch the ball then ask him to sit on the ground so Ray can two hand touch him? Surely you remember the days when there was a price to be paid for going across the middle, last time I check Chad is a receiver and Ray is a LB. Ray isn't there to make that hit Chad catches that pass and takes it a lot farther.

Anyway, five years or so ago when the Bengals came back to beat us in our stadium int he 4th quarter, I was in shock because they whooped us that day. Yesterday I didn't come away with the same feeling. Three penalties on the last drive, all for first downs, pretty much summed up the way the entire game went. I'm just glad the Ravens and coaching staff learned their lesson and didn't say a word about the officials after this loss. We don't need another game like that next week.

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BENGAL4:

Ray Lewis, which suprised me, and a interference call, not sure about that one, set the Bengals up to win. I thought Lewis should have been ejected and maybe suspended for that.

you got lucky this time, next time we win. as for the lewis hit on ocho, that was the best play of the game that and when rayrice just totally evaded half your team for that touchdown.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

Bill - the officials taught the Ravens a lesson yesterday - speak out against us publicly and reap the benefits.

Cheap shot by Ray Lewis? This is football we are fans of, correct? I'm surprised you call that a cheap shot, do you expect Ray to let Chad catch the ball then ask him to sit on the ground so Ray can two hand touch him? Surely you remember the days when there was a price to be paid for going across the middle, last time I check Chad is a receiver and Ray is a LB. Ray isn't there to make that hit Chad catches that pass and takes it a lot farther.

Anyway, five years or so ago when the Bengals came back to beat us in our stadium int he 4th quarter, I was in shock because they whooped us that day. Yesterday I didn't come away with the same feeling. Three penalties on the last drive, all for first downs, pretty much summed up the way the entire game went. I'm just glad the Ravens and coaching staff learned their lesson and didn't say a word about the officials after this loss. We don't need another game like that next week.

Jeff,

I dvr'd the game and I have watched the last drive 4 times.It was a cheap shot. Lewis launched and hit him with the crown of his helmet and the ball was over his head. Look, even though he is a Bengal, I do not like Ochocinco. He is a me person and not a team person. I love to see him get the snot knocked out of him, but not that way. 2 or 3 years ago he got his clock cleaned on a legal hit from the Browns Lee Bodden. Ocho received stitches in his chin and was so loopy after the game, he couldn't give an interview. Ray Ray should get a suspension IMO and I like and respect him.

As for the officials calls, the game shouldn't come down to that anyway. The Bengals ran over the Ravens defense, which suprised me. I however, can see your point especially after last weeks fiasco, I would feel ther same way.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
you got lucky this time, next time we win. as for the lewis hit on ocho, that was the best play of the game that and when rayrice just totally evaded half your team for that touchdown.

After averaging 31 points a game, that all you have to talk about is 1 touchdown. The Ravens were outplayed and if not for a great play by Ed Reed and a missed tackle by the Bengals, your team should have been shut out. Luck had nothing to do with it. And thinking that cheap shot was the best play of the game, that tells me what kind of character you have. None.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Jeff,

I dvr'd the game and I have watched the last drive 4 times.It was a cheap shot. Lewis launched and hit him with the crown of his helmet and the ball was over his head. Look, even though he is a Bengal, I do not like Ochocinco. He is a me person and not a team person. I love to see him get the snot knocked out of him, but not that way. 2 or 3 years ago he got his clock cleaned on a legal hit from the Browns Lee Bodden. Ocho received stitches in his chin and was so loopy after the game, he couldn't give an interview. Ray Ray should get a suspension IMO and I like and respect him.

As for the officials calls, the game shouldn't come down to that anyway. The Bengals ran over the Ravens defense, which suprised me. I however, can see your point especially after last weeks fiasco, I would feel ther same way.

Bill, trust me, there is nothing cheap about Ray Lewis. He is no Hines Ward. He has made people pay like that for the last 13 years when they come over the middle. That's football. Guys like Butkus and Lambert are revered and legendary because of hits like that, are they not?

I'm just really glad the Ravens didn't say anything after Sundays loss. They sure showed us. I suspected something was up when early in the game on a Benson run to the right LB Tavares Gooden was tackled by a puling guard right in front of the official and he didn't throw a flag. I was worried that bitching after the Pats game was going to hurt us and it did.

I agree the Bengals out played us, but even more so out coached us. I was wrong about Benson, he played well, but I was at the game and I can tell you a lot of plays the Bengals fooled us. Good play calling got him those yards, our LB's were dropping back and shifting the wrong way half the time. I couldn't have been more wrong about losing Rex Ryan, I said at the time it won't mean anything, but it has meant a lot. Our new defensive coordinator has been out coached in every game but one so far, that's pathetic. Our offensive play calling has been bad as well, how did we not throw more deep balls? Or even intermediate routes? I was at the game and I don't think I saw a receiver run more than 20 yards but a handful of times, and I watch stuff like that. Last year at Cincy Flacco lit up the Bengals on the deep ball. Yesterday we were screen happy and run up the middle happy. I was very unimpressed with our offensive game plan two weeks in a row now, we played the same way against the Pats but at least we tried a few deep balls, yesterday just one.

The good thing is a least we'll get another shot at you, whereas the Pats got off easy

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Bill, trust me, there is nothing cheap about Ray Lewis. He is no Hines Ward. He has made people pay like that for the last 13 years when they come over the middle. That's football. Guys like Butkus and Lambert are revered and legendary because of hits like that, are they not?

I'm just really glad the Ravens didn't say anything after Sundays loss. They sure showed us. I suspected something was up when early in the game on a Benson run to the right LB Tavares Gooden was tackled by a puling guard right in front of the official and he didn't throw a flag. I was worried that bitching after the Pats game was going to hurt us and it did.

I agree the Bengals out played us, but even more so out coached us. I was wrong about Benson, he played well, but I was at the game and I can tell you a lot of plays the Bengals fooled us. Good play calling got him those yards, our LB's were dropping back and shifting the wrong way half the time. I couldn't have been more wrong about losing Rex Ryan, I said at the time it won't mean anything, but it has meant a lot. Our new defensive coordinator has been out coached in every game but one so far, that's pathetic. Our offensive play calling has been bad as well, how did we not throw more deep balls? Or even intermediate routes? I was at the game and I don't think I saw a receiver run more than 20 yards but a handful of times, and I watch stuff like that. Last year at Cincy Flacco lit up the Bengals on the deep ball. Yesterday we were screen happy and run up the middle happy. I was very unimpressed with our offensive game plan two weeks in a row now, we played the same way against the Pats but at least we tried a few deep balls, yesterday just one.

The good thing is a least we'll get another shot at you, whereas the Pats got off easy

I want to believe that about Ray. As for Butkus and Lambert ( dont forget about Jack Tatum), different era and the rules were different. If this was a game in the 70's, nothing would have been called. ESPN did a series matching the "Team of the Decade" against each other. The had the 70's Steelers and the 80's 49ers. They had the 49ers winning. If they played under 70's rules, the Steelers would kill them. Jerry Rice wouldn't be able to go over the middle without getting mugged.

Yes, the offense was playing it close to the vest yesterday. I thought they had a TD on that long pass, but Flacco overthrew the receiver. Leon Hall was toast on that one. One thing though, Ed Reed is a stud. He seems to be everywhere on the field. They talk about Troy Palamalu, but he isn't even close to Reed in my book. They were interviewing Haruki Nakamora on our local station Friday (UC grad). Haruki was told by the coaches, not to watch Ed Reed because it will get you cut. The reason being nobody can do what he does. I also think
Haruki is a stud too. I hated seeing the Ravens getting him.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 10-12-2009).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
But Bill what's so different about it? It's still football right? The field is still 100 yards and the ball is still brown with white stitching, no?

The sad reality is you are right - it is a different era. In this new era the NFL has made huge strides to give fans what they think they want to see - long TD passes, 500 yards of passing a game, star QB's with equally famous WR's, etc. They've even made stupid rules that make it a 15 yard penalty for a defender to brush a QB's knee, like what the hell is that going to stop? That's just one example of many. Yesterday while watching the Denver/Patriots game I saw this play that really showed me what the NFL has become. Randy Moss comes off the line, runs about seven yards and cuts inside on a post route. The cornerback sat there in his zone, flat footed, didn't even move, as Moss brushed by him. An ever so slight amount of contact was made. BAM - 5 yard illegal contact and of course, automatic first down. It's a sad state of affairs. Even Belicheat admitted to the media he told his players the Ravens are prone to flags before last weeks game. What kind of game is it when you coach for penalties? You think Moss isn't coached to get that illegal contact flag? You're damn right he is! No WR in the history of the NFL pushes off as much as he does, he's been flagged for it maybe a handful of times.

I like the NFL but what it's becoming is not fun for me to watch anymore. It's like watching the NBA, stoppages every 10 seconds, star treatment, horrible officiating in general. The phrase "no fun league" has new meaning. Big hits are a thing of the past as are truly great defenses.

I was thinking about you today when watching the Ray Lewis/Chad Johnson hit again. First let me tell you I've seen Ray make that same hit at least five times, and usually what happens is the WR/RB trying to catch the ball drops it, or it gets intercepted by whomever, and returned for either a TD or a long gain, then the play is talked about and how great Ray Lewis is, yada yada yada. Think about it from Ray's perspective. He's patrolling the middle of the field. He see's Carson's eyes looking at Chad Johnson. The ball is thrown. He has a millisecond to run towards Chad and try to prevent the play. He can't tell the ball is high. He see's Chad jump up to make a catch. The only thing to do is lay the wood to prevent that catch. Ray did it last year against Kellen Winslow and Chris McAlister picked it off for a TD. Ray did it three years ago against the Bucs and the play resulted in a turnover on downs. Ray did it five years ago against I believe Laverneous Coles when he played for the Skins - same thing. Ray has been making that hit for YEARS, but now the NFL has decided it's a 15 yard penalty. If I was Ray Lewis I would retire after this season no matter what. This is not the same game he started in 1996, not even close. You can't expect a HOF'er to just "turn it down a notch" because the NFL has decided it's going to be a kindler, gentler sport.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

But Bill what's so different about it? It's still football right? The field is still 100 yards and the ball is still brown with white stitching, no?

The sad reality is you are right - it is a different era. In this new era the NFL has made huge strides to give fans what they think they want to see - long TD passes, 500 yards of passing a game, star QB's with equally famous WR's, etc. They've even made stupid rules that make it a 15 yard penalty for a defender to brush a QB's knee, like what the hell is that going to stop? That's just one example of many. Yesterday while watching the Denver/Patriots game I saw this play that really showed me what the NFL has become. Randy Moss comes off the line, runs about seven yards and cuts inside on a post route. The cornerback sat there in his zone, flat footed, didn't even move, as Moss brushed by him. An ever so slight amount of contact was made. BAM - 5 yard illegal contact and of course, automatic first down. It's a sad state of affairs. Even Belicheat admitted to the media he told his players the Ravens are prone to flags before last weeks game. What kind of game is it when you coach for penalties? You think Moss isn't coached to get that illegal contact flag? You're damn right he is! No WR in the history of the NFL pushes off as much as he does, he's been flagged for it maybe a handful of times.

I like the NFL but what it's becoming is not fun for me to watch anymore. It's like watching the NBA, stoppages every 10 seconds, star treatment, horrible officiating in general. The phrase "no fun league" has new meaning. Big hits are a thing of the past as are truly great defenses.

I was thinking about you today when watching the Ray Lewis/Chad Johnson hit again. First let me tell you I've seen Ray make that same hit at least five times, and usually what happens is the WR/RB trying to catch the ball drops it, or it gets intercepted by whomever, and returned for either a TD or a long gain, then the play is talked about and how great Ray Lewis is, yada yada yada. Think about it from Ray's perspective. He's patrolling the middle of the field. He see's Carson's eyes looking at Chad Johnson. The ball is thrown. He has a millisecond to run towards Chad and try to prevent the play. He can't tell the ball is high. He see's Chad jump up to make a catch. The only thing to do is lay the wood to prevent that catch. Ray did it last year against Kellen Winslow and Chris McAlister picked it off for a TD. Ray did it three years ago against the Bucs and the play resulted in a turnover on downs. Ray did it five years ago against I believe Laverneous Coles when he played for the Skins - same thing. Ray has been making that hit for YEARS, but now the NFL has decided it's a 15 yard penalty. If I was Ray Lewis I would retire after this season no matter what. This is not the same game he started in 1996, not even close. You can't expect a HOF'er to just "turn it down a notch" because the NFL has decided it's going to be a kindler, gentler sport.

Good points Jeff.

After the heat of the moment and some thinking, I retract my comment that it was a cheap shot. I realize that Ray was playing hard. And you are correct that the game has changed alot, even since Ray came into the league. When I played, no leather helmet comments, we we taught to tackle by leading with the head. The players are so fast and strong now, they had to make that an illegal hit. In fact, Carson Palmer said in a interview with SI, that he thinks someone is going to die on the field by a vicious hit. Not making excuses for the NFL, but maybe that is what they are trying to prevent.

I agree with the Randy Moss comment. He does and gets away with pushing off, but most WR's do that. Michael Irvin made a HOF career from doing it. The bigger the name, the more they get away with it.

Speaking of playing for a penalty flag, I'm sure all coaching staffs do it to some extent. Carson said they thought they might get a pass interference call becuse the Ravens DB's were playing so tight. I try not to get on the officials too much myself. As an umpire( fast pitch softball & baseball), I know how hard the job is. Split second decisions are not easy. In a typical 7 inning game, I have to call between 200 to 300 pitches and be right on every one of them not to forget the 42 put out calls.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99
Jeff,

Remember tibor75 from the Football Huddles forum? Here is a quote from him on the Bengals Jungle forum you might find interesting.

tibor75,

I wish our defense committed more cheap shots.

Bengal fans again show how dumb they are...getting on Ray Ray for his hit. The only problem with the hit was that it occurred on the final drive.

I'd LOVE for a Bengal DB to be as "dirty" as CheapShotten or Ray Lewis

The problem with the NFL is that his hit wasn't legal. It was legal for 50 years...until the ---------- who run the league decided it wasn't.

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Geez, I thought the Bengals played a great game. As for the penalties and cheap shots that junk usually evens out and it still comes down to the plays on the field.

I could ***** and moan about the Patriots getting flagged for a taunting call, where the flag was thrown before any so called taunt but the truth is Brady and the offense never played well enough in the second half to win that game. Just as the Ravens had a chance to tie the game in Foxboro but Clayton dropped the ball. Yes sometimes some calls are crappy and help the opposing team but for the most part I don't see it as the major difference maker, good teams normally overcome that. And about the illegal contact rule, a rule that Bill Polian of the Colts petitioned for after the Patriots "roughed up" the Colts receivers, I dislike it too but gotta live with it. Ticky-tack penalties are always called, sucks but both sides benefit usually.

The Pass Interference calls are the hardest to take IMO, ball place at the spot of the foul is a Killer at times.
PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Good points Jeff.

After the heat of the moment and some thinking, I retract my comment that it was a cheap shot. I realize that Ray was playing hard. And you are correct that the game has changed alot, even since Ray came into the league. When I played, no leather helmet comments, we we taught to tackle by leading with the head. The players are so fast and strong now, they had to make that an illegal hit. In fact, Carson Palmer said in a interview with SI, that he thinks someone is going to die on the field by a vicious hit. Not making excuses for the NFL, but maybe that is what they are trying to prevent.

I agree with the Randy Moss comment. He does and gets away with pushing off, but most WR's do that. Michael Irvin made a HOF career from doing it. The bigger the name, the more they get away with it.

Speaking of playing for a penalty flag, I'm sure all coaching staffs do it to some extent. Carson said they thought they might get a pass interference call becuse the Ravens DB's were playing so tight. I try not to get on the officials too much myself. As an umpire( fast pitch softball & baseball), I know how hard the job is. Split second decisions are not easy. In a typical 7 inning game, I have to call between 200 to 300 pitches and be right on every one of them not to forget the 42 put out calls.

Bill, I can see how initially people might think it was cheap. Take my word for it though I've seen every snap Ray Lewis has taken in his career, he would never try to hurt someone, he's just playing football the best and most intense way he knows how. And Chad is his friend too so there was no malicious intent there. Chad tweeted "please don't fine Ray Lewis Mr. Roger Goodell, it was a clean hit, it's part of the game, save the fines for me." haha

I understand officiating is tough. I don't expect them to get them all right. It just seems like there is a pattern that never gets addressed. Oh well it will never change, the officials answer to no one apparently.

And yea I remember tibor, wouldn't he always say stuff to piss off Bengal fans? Some things never change huh.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Geez, I thought the Bengals played a great game. As for the penalties and cheap shots that junk usually evens out and it still comes down to the plays on the field.

I could ***** and moan about the Patriots getting flagged for a taunting call, where the flag was thrown before any so called taunt but the truth is Brady and the offense never played well enough in the second half to win that game. Just as the Ravens had a chance to tie the game in Foxboro but Clayton dropped the ball. Yes sometimes some calls are crappy and help the opposing team but for the most part I don't see it as the major difference maker, good teams normally overcome that. And about the illegal contact rule, a rule that Bill Polian of the Colts petitioned for after the Patriots "roughed up" the Colts receivers, I dislike it too but gotta live with it. Ticky-tack penalties are always called, sucks but both sides benefit usually.

The Pass Interference calls are the hardest to take IMO, ball place at the spot of the foul is a Killer at times.

That taunting call was bogus. Maybe the ref is related to my mom who always knew what you were thinking and what you were about to do.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 10-14-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Bill, I can see how initially people might think it was cheap. Take my word for it though I've seen every snap Ray Lewis has taken in his career, he would never try to hurt someone, he's just playing football the best and most intense way he knows how. And Chad is his friend too so there was no malicious intent there. Chad tweeted "please don't fine Ray Lewis Mr. Roger Goodell, it was a clean hit, it's part of the game, save the fines for me." haha

I understand officiating is tough. I don't expect them to get them all right. It just seems like there is a pattern that never gets addressed. Oh well it will never change, the officials answer to no one apparently.

And yea I remember tibor, wouldn't he always say stuff to piss off Bengal fans? Some things never change huh.

Yeah, tibor just wont go away. Maybe you should make an apperance as EagleCC.

Well, let's move on to this weeks game. How do you feel about the Vikings. Do you think the Ravens will bounce back? We have the Texans at home. I don't know much about them except Andre Johnson is a beast. Did you see him waste that Cardinals linebacker at the 5 yard line and carry a DB into the endzone? Scary.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, tibor just wont go away. Maybe you should make an apperance as EagleCC.

Well, let's move on to this weeks game. How do you feel about the Vikings. Do you think the Ravens will bounce back? We have the Texans at home. I don't know much about them except Andre Johnson is a beast. Did you see him waste that Cardinals linebacker at the 5 yard line and carry a DB into the endzone? Scary.

Yea I like our chances against the Vikings. I love the fact that they are 5-0 and seem to be cocky heading into this game. We match up well since they don't have any WR's to worry about like the Bengals. Our offense matches up well against their defense too. I really think our offense will bounce back, I think our coaches will get more creative unlike the last two weeks. I think we will put up over 25 points, it's just a matter of our defense keeping Favre in check. Favre is due for a multiple INT game, if we can keep Peterson at bay I think it could happen.

The Texans seem to match up well against the Bengals. The key for the Bengals will be pressure. Schaub is a good QB when he has time to step up and make throws. He is a bad QB under pressure. Andre Johnson will be useless if they can't get him the ball. I think the Bengals will win it in a close one.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yea I like our chances against the Vikings. I love the fact that they are 5-0 and seem to be cocky heading into this game. We match up well since they don't have any WR's to worry about like the Bengals. Our offense matches up well against their defense too. I really think our offense will bounce back, I think our coaches will get more creative unlike the last two weeks. I think we will put up over 25 points, it's just a matter of our defense keeping Favre in check. Favre is due for a multiple INT game, if we can keep Peterson at bay I think it could happen.

The Texans seem to match up well against the Bengals. The key for the Bengals will be pressure. Schaub is a good QB when he has time to step up and make throws. He is a bad QB under pressure. Andre Johnson will be useless if they can't get him the ball. I think the Bengals will win it in a close one.

I.m sure Ray Ray will have the boys up for this one And I agree, Favre is due for a multi INT game. The last time he played here, I think he threw 4 or 5 picks. That was the game a fan ran on the field and stole the ball from him, only to get decleated right before the goal line by security. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INiyMrWxZ-E

I think your game will be close, but I am picking the Ravens to win +3 on my card this week. As for The Bengals, I do not see a letdown this week. Marvin got a little ticked when that was brought up in his press conference yesterday. he said " Players and coaches never think letdown, only the media does. You have asked me that after every game and it hasn't happend because these guys are ready to play."

Also, it looks like the game wont be a sell out. They are about 4 to 5000 tickets short. The Bengals are still feeling the sting of a bad economy and a 4-12 season. I think it will sell out, but after the deadline. The last game not to sell out was in 2003 and it was against the Texans.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Yup, you two have tough games this week. I think the Ravens will beat an overconfident Vikings team but for some reason I think the Bengals may be in for a loss against the Texans. That being said the Bengals are one of this years bigger surprises so you never know.

My Patriots have what should be an "easier" game playing at home against Tennessee, but unless the offense plays better than it did last week I'm not betting on it.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 10-15-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yup, you two have tough games this week. I think the Ravens will beat an overconfident Vikings team but for some reason I think the Bengals may be in for a loss against the Texans. That being said the Bengals are one of this years bigger surprises so you never know.

My Patriots have what should be an "easier" game playing at home against Tennessee, but unless the offense plays better than it did last week I'm not betting on it.

Thanks newf,

Keep picking against my boys, like everybody else, and they will keep winning.

If the Bengals are the biggest suprise of the season, the Titans have to be the biggest dissapointment. I cant figure the Titans out. I know they lost Albert Haynesworth, but 1 player shouldn't make that big of a difference. The Titans are due, but I don't think they win this week.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Trust me if I pick the Bengals to lose, they will win for sure. I think whenever I have had a bet on the Bengals no matter what I figured they would do they have done the opposite. So you are good for this week!!
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Trust me if I pick the Bengals to lose, they will win for sure. I think whenever I have had a bet on the Bengals no matter what I figured they would do they have done the opposite. So you are good for this week!!

Man, you are brave. I would never bet on the Bengals. lol

On another note. The night before the Pats-Giants Super Bowl, my wife and I were in a New England sports bar in Naples, FL. It is called the Foxboro. We were visiting my dad and he hangs out there alot, so much his name is in the ring of fame around the bar. Well, this place was rowdy and we had a blast. I know I did from what I can remember. We left the next day for Cincinnati, but my dad went to the Super Bowl bash there. He said the bar was packed and they had 2 huge widescreens in the parking lot with hundreds of people.

As for the Super Bowl, we were flying during the 1st half. We landed in Atlanta and had a little layover. Got to watch the second half and when Eli passed for the go ahead touchdown, I told my wife " I bet you can hear a pin drop at the Foxboro right now." Too bad a great season gets remembered for a loss, not the 18 wins that got them there.

4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTDirect Link to This Post

Yea I like our chances against the Vikings.

Yea I like our chances against the Ravens.....
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Man, you are brave. I would never bet on the Bengals. lol

On another note. The night before the Pats-Giants Super Bowl, my wife and I were in a New England sports bar in Naples, FL. It is called the Foxboro. We were visiting my dad and he hangs out there alot, so much his name is in the ring of fame around the bar. Well, this place was rowdy and we had a blast. I know I did from what I can remember. We left the next day for Cincinnati, but my dad went to the Super Bowl bash there. He said the bar was packed and they had 2 huge widescreens in the parking lot with hundreds of people.

As for the Super Bowl, we were flying during the 1st half. We landed in Atlanta and had a little layover. Got to watch the second half and when Eli passed for the go ahead touchdown, I told my wife " I bet you can hear a pin drop at the Foxboro right now." Too bad a great season gets remembered for a loss, not the 18 wins that got them there.

I'm still not over it, I had to delete all my sports channels for months afterwards. That catch by Tyree was nuts but few remember that Assante Samuel had a ball float right through his hands for a sure game ending INT on that drive also , but I give the Giants credit they played a great game. It actually reminded me of when the Patriots won their first SB by beating "The Greatest Show on Turf" Rams. A great defensive scheme well executed can shut down high flying offenses quite often.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Stover where are you? I knew that decision would come back to bite us in the ass. Stover makes that kick.

I was impressed with the way our offense came out in the second half. Ray Rice is a stud, for a small guy he has a lot of power and his quickness is out of this world. We've never had a QB who can beat the blitz like Flacco, the Vikings were sending them all at the end and Flacco was completing passes. Impressive performance from Joe. What killed us is the pressure. Favre didn't complete one pass under pressure, but give him all day he'll light it up. Don't worry he'll have a late year collapse like the last few seasons, practically guaranteed.

Bengals couldn't get to Schaub especially after losing their best end in Odom. That's a tough loss for the season. Peko might be out too. Not good to lose your best two linemen in one game. Texans played well, Bengals offense needs more consistency.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Stover where are you? I knew that decision would come back to bite us in the ass. Stover makes that kick.

I was impressed with the way our offense came out in the second half. Ray Rice is a stud, for a small guy he has a lot of power and his quickness is out of this world. We've never had a QB who can beat the blitz like Flacco, the Vikings were sending them all at the end and Flacco was completing passes. Impressive performance from Joe. What killed us is the pressure. Favre didn't complete one pass under pressure, but give him all day he'll light it up. Don't worry he'll have a late year collapse like the last few seasons, practically guaranteed.

Bengals couldn't get to Schaub especially after losing their best end in Odom. That's a tough loss for the season. Peko might be out too. Not good to lose your best two linemen in one game. Texans played well, Bengals offense needs more consistency.

I was watching the end of the Ravens game @ Applebees. As soon as they got in FG position, I looked at my wife and said " If Matt Stover was there, it is all over." Matt is a great clutch kicker. Big mistake letting him go.

Kudos to the Ravens for coming back the way they did. Ray Rice reminds me of James Brooks, the old Bengals RB from the late 80's. Tough as they come.

Losing Odom and Peko hurt alot. The Bengals had no pressure on Schaub all day. When they blitzed, he read it and threw a screen pass. The Bengals got thier butts kicked in the 2nd half. No consistency at all.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

I'm still not over it, I had to delete all my sports channels for months afterwards. That catch by Tyree was nuts but few remember that Assante Samuel had a ball float right through his hands for a sure game ending INT on that drive also , but I give the Giants credit they played a great game. It actually reminded me of when the Patriots won their first SB by beating "The Greatest Show on Turf" Rams. A great defensive scheme well executed can shut down high flying offenses quite often.

I remember that game really well. I needed a NE FG to win the squaresw board at my work. I thought NE would just run the clock out and go to OT. When they kicked the winning FG, I was going crazy. I had just won $350.00
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
BUMP
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

I was watching the end of the Ravens game @ Applebees. As soon as they got in FG position, I looked at my wife and said " If Matt Stover was there, it is all over." Matt is a great clutch kicker. Big mistake letting him go.

Kudos to the Ravens for coming back the way they did. Ray Rice reminds me of James Brooks, the old Bengals RB from the late 80's. Tough as they come.

Losing Odom and Peko hurt alot. The Bengals had no pressure on Schaub all day. When they blitzed, he read it and threw a screen pass. The Bengals got thier butts kicked in the 2nd half. No consistency at all.

The thing that kills me is they talked about "another great Brett Favre comeback." Huh? Stover attempts that kick we win, not to mention we were the ones that came back if anything.

And that's what I told you about Schaub, good QB with no pressure, average/mediocre under pressure. Plus they have some good weapons on offense. They could be a dangerous team if they could play with some consistency.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

The thing that kills me is they talked about "another great Brett Favre comeback." Huh? Stover attempts that kick we win, not to mention we were the ones that came back if anything.

And that's what I told you about Schaub, good QB with no pressure, average/mediocre under pressure. Plus they have some good weapons on offense. They could be a dangerous team if they could play with some consistency.

Jeff,

You know what a media darling Favre is and I agree, if Stover is there, they are talking about Flacco.

Is this your bye week? We have the Bears on the Fox late game. It was a 1:00 start, but Fox requested that it move to 4:15. I feel the Bengals will come back. It looks like Peko will be availible and I feel last week was a let down after the emotional division win. With Antwan Odom placed on the IR, rookie Michael Johnson will have to step up and grow up. He reminds me of a young Jevon Kerse.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Flacco has shown some great presence this year, especially last Sunday. Coming from behind with such a large deficit was awesome, not his fault the kicker missed. Same with the Patriots game if Clayton doesn't drop that ball they most likely tie the game. Flacco nor Matt Ryan look like Rookie flukes at all.

Hard to take those losses but to know how well a 2nd year QB is playing make it a little easier. The question for Baltimore is more on D for a change.

Regarding the Bengals i did think it would be hard to win after the big emotions of the previous week. Bengals vs Bears should be a good game to watch this week.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Jeff,

You know what a media darling Favre is and I agree, if Stover is there, they are talking about Flacco.

Is this your bye week? We have the Bears on the Fox late game. It was a 1:00 start, but Fox requested that it move to 4:15. I feel the Bengals will come back. It looks like Peko will be availible and I feel last week was a let down after the emotional division win. With Antwan Odom placed on the IR, rookie Michael Johnson will have to step up and grow up. He reminds me of a young Jevon Kerse.

Yea they showed Favre after every play for some reason. It got annoying after a while. Even during timeouts they showed him. Basically any break in the action, they showed Favre.

This is our bye week unfortunately, I hate bye weeks! That's good for you guys that Peko is healthy, that Odom injury is going to change a lot in the next Ravens game.

I think you'll handle the Bears, they don't impress me. For every TD Cutler throws it seems like he throws two interceptions. Their o-line is weak.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

Flacco has shown some great presence this year, especially last Sunday. Coming from behind with such a large deficit was awesome, not his fault the kicker missed. Same with the Patriots game if Clayton doesn't drop that ball they most likely tie the game. Flacco nor Matt Ryan look like Rookie flukes at all.

Hard to take those losses but to know how well a 2nd year QB is playing make it a little easier. The question for Baltimore is more on D for a change.

Regarding the Bengals i did think it would be hard to win after the big emotions of the previous week. Bengals vs Bears should be a good game to watch this week.

Yea it does make it a little easier that Flacco is still young and learning. It's ashame though that a kicker misses a 44 yarder to determine the game though.

Our D is struggling, we can't get a pass rush. That's going to hurt us down the stretch,

PFF
System Bot
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

It's ashame though that a kicker misses a 44 yarder to determine the game though.

Could be worse, Jeff Reed missed two key kicks that determined the Bears/Steelers game earlier this year.

Still not liking the Steelers play calling. Ariens says that the Steelers are not about getting greedy on offense. Tell that to the Patriots as they buried the Titans 59-0. I don't care what the Lions and Browns records were, you do not come out coaching with the philosophy "we're going to take it easy today". You come expecting every NFL team as being a worthy opponent. Especially since the Steelers are the defending SB champs, even the lowliest of opponents is going to try to play like world-beaters versus Pittsburgh. Tomlin needs to address this NOW. With a beat up defense that is struggling at the moment (Polamalu is far from 100%) they need to offense to play to it's full potential. We do not need an egotistical coach who's calling plays against a team he doesn't respect. Playing down to your opponent just because you don't respect the opposing team is a recipe for disaster. The exact same formula lost the Steelers the Bears game, the Bengals game and almost the Chargers game. You don't mail it in during the fourth quarter just because you are up by two scores, not in today's NFL.

As for Farve, maybe if they do go all the way maybe he'll finally retire for good.

That Odom injury sucks for Cincy, he seemed superhuman during the Steelers/Bengals game I watched.

P.S. - What is up with the Titans? And why can no one defend effectively against the Wildcat?

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 10-21-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Well guys,

I look for my Bengals to bounce back this week. I think the defense will be back to normal although the loss of Odom is huge. The offense is due to play 4 quarters instead of 1. I don't understand why the Bengals don't play that well at home. The crowd is loud and rowdy. It is a great atmosphere, I just don't understand.

kslish,

Is Jeff Reed playing this weekend after his arrest? Boy, it is nice seeing a different team deal with some trouble other than the Bengals. Marvin has really changed the atmosphere in Cincinnati. Knock wood, they stay out of trouble.

Talking about beeing greedy on offense, the last time the Titans/Oilers lost a game with such a lopsided score, was in 1989 against the Bengals 61-7. The 2 coaches, had been having words against each other all week. Sam Wyche and Jerry Glanville really hated each other. Sam had no problem running up the score against the Oilers. In fact, Sam had the Bengals kick a FG with seconds left in the game to make it 61-7. That day, every time the Bengals scored, the crowd would chant " Jeeerrryyy, Jeeerrryyy". It was great.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 10-21-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
BUMP. C'mon guys, lets keep this going
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Well guys,

I look for my Bengals to bounce back this week. I think the defense will be back to normal although the loss of Odom is huge. The offense is due to play 4 quarters instead of 1. I don't understand why the Bengals don't play that well at home. The crowd is loud and rowdy. It is a great atmosphere, I just don't understand.

It's definitely weird considering the trend in the NFL is to obviously play better at home.

I think they'll bounce back this week too, Cutler is a mess.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by kslish:

P.S. - What is up with the Titans? And why can no one defend effectively against the Wildcat?

Not to brag but before the season started I could tell they were going to be the disappointment team. They reminded me of the Ravens when we went 13-3 with McNair under the helm and lost to the Colts in the first round of the playoffs. Old QB, no major injuries, old offensive line.

The Ravens handled the Wildcat fine last year in the playoffs. I am still shocked the Jets couldn't defend it, I know Rex was pissed about that.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
I watched a documentary on ESPN last night. It was called "The band that wouldn't die." It was about the Baltimore Colts Marching Band and how they stayed together over the 12 year absence of NFL football in Baltimore. It was very good. I didn't realize how entrenched the Colts were in the B-more community and in the fans hearts.

The band would play the Colts fight song and the people talking about it would well up with tears. The show went on to document how the Colts left town in the middle of the night for Indianapolis. It showed the drunk owner of the Colts slurring at a press conference, saying the team is staying and the next morning they left town like a thief in the night.

I also liked how the band stayed the Baltimore Colts Marching Band for the first 2 years the Ravens were in town and changed the name to The Marching Ravens when the club moved into the new stadium.

Nice story
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

I watched a documentary on ESPN last night. It was called "The band that wouldn't die." It was about the Baltimore Colts Marching Band and how they stayed together over the 12 year absence of NFL football in Baltimore. It was very good. I didn't realize how entrenched the Colts were in the B-more community and in the fans hearts.

The band would play the Colts fight song and the people talking about it would well up with tears. The show went on to document how the Colts left town in the middle of the night for Indianapolis. It showed the drunk owner of the Colts slurring at a press conference, saying the team is staying and the next morning they left town like a thief in the night.

I also liked how the band stayed the Baltimore Colts Marching Band for the first 2 years the Ravens were in town and changed the name to The Marching Ravens when the club moved into the new stadium.

Nice story

The Colts were definitely loved around here. Johnny Unitas is the most popular sports figure that ever lived in these parts. My late Grandfather had season tickets from the 60s until the day they left. He never watched another football game after they left, and my Dad said it was a ritual to him. My Dad also went to a bunch of Colts games and now he could care less about the Ravens. In left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths around here, especially the way they snuck out in the middle of the night.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if you guys bet on games if so maybe we can post our thoughts and "help" each other. Here's a great hint.... go opposite to whatever I pick .

Seriously though any early likes??

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 10-23-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

The Colts were definitely loved around here. Johnny Unitas is the most popular sports figure that ever lived in these parts. My late Grandfather had season tickets from the 60s until the day they left. He never watched another football game after they left, and my Dad said it was a ritual to him. My Dad also went to a bunch of Colts games and now he could care less about the Ravens. In left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths around here, especially the way they snuck out in the middle of the night.

I'm sure alot of Browns fans feel the same way, although they knew the move was coming. I don't think Art Model has been back to Cleveland since the move. It was a shame how both cities were treated.

I also read where Model offered the Colts, 5 million dollars for the Colts name, records etc. Jimmy Irsay said he would sell it for 50 million. Art said no and the Baltimore Ravens were born.

When Mike Brown was asking for a new stadium, he met with the Maryland goverment. Thank God he didn't take the deal and Cincinnati kept the Bengals. If he would have moved, Cincinnati would have never seen another franchise here.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock