Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Who's pumped to see fast and furious and not afraid to admit it! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who's pumped to see fast and furious and not afraid to admit it! by firstfiero
Started on: 04-01-2009 07:43 PM
Replies: 110
Last post by: Khw on 04-23-2011 08:26 PM
firstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I know..I know.. they're cheesy.. unrealistic... BUT I LOVE THEM! I don't care..there a good time. Hell even tokyo drift I thought was pretty good. So who's going to see it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
One word.... rental.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
If Obama promised to resign if I went to see Vin Diesel in a movie, I'd think about it.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I find them entertaining and will likely go see this one too. Whether or not they are truly realistic doesn't bother me. At worst, I'll get to eat some popcorn and relax for a couple hours!
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
I too really enjoy watching these.

I turn the channel when the commercials come on, this way less it known going in. It makes the movies better. It just came on while I was typing this too.

I just wish my fiero was running, because its fun to have it at the theater on opening night and have everyone in the civics wondering what it is.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 04-23-2011).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I like them for their entertainment value. I won't miss this one either.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im gonna go pay 9 bux to see this one in the high def theater in moore. just to see the cars in highdef. hope this one wont be ricey or have a shotty plit.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
If Obama promised to resign if I went to see Vin Diesel in a movie, I'd think about it.

I guess that says a lot lol!
Eagle Kammback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eagle KammbackSend a Private Message to Eagle KammbackDirect Link to This Post
Well, the F-Bomb Camaro is in it, so I'll have to see it

WHERE ARE THE AMCS?

------------------
1981 AMC Eagle Kammback Iron Duke T4 (300,000 miles) Project
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon 258 Auto (daily drives, needs to pass inspection)
http://community.carcrazyce...le.aspx?UserID=11068

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I really enjoyed Han in the last fast and the furious. I read online that he is reprising his role in this one. Granted it's going to be background I think, unless this movies time frame has it happening before the last, Han died in the last film. I think I enjoyed the last film the most. The first film I really liked to, but the second one should not have been made.

I want to see it in the theatre, but my wife and I rarely go to the movies so who knows if I will get to.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

I know..I know.. they're cheesy.. unrealistic... BUT I LOVE THEM! I don't care..there a good time. Hell even tokyo drift I thought was pretty good. So who's going to see it?

I have all of them on DVD
But this one might take a while to come to Australia on DVD so we are going to the movies
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Also for the entertainment lol

chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I will definatly be there!
Ive seen the first two in the theater, and have all three on DVD. I love those movies!

Of course they're WAY over the top, unrealistic, and fake! They have to be, or else, noone would watch them!

Just watch the movie, and like it. As "car guys" (and gals) we dont get too many movies that are geared toward "us". Stop your bitching about these movies and just be glad that someone in Hollywood is nice enough to think about you and make something for you!
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
The "Fast and the Furious" and "Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" to me were the best of the three. I don't go to the movies much and never really did so I will probably wait for it to hit DVD.
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Yep I will be seeing it as well, cant wait. Been waiting for it since I heard they were making a new one with the orignal cast.
redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see it i hope its as good as the others
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
They are about as realistic and entertaining as "Professional Wrestling" to me.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Expect a lot of ricers and challenges on the streets during the movie phase. Oh yeah, don't forget; they'll be plenty of cops hanging in and around the theaters.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Newbfiero:

Also for the entertainment lol

I'll watch it for the eye candy, but I may wait and either download it or get the DVD. Maybe a bargain matinee.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
I liked the characters from the 1st movie, was disappointed that Paul Walker's character was the only one to make it into the 2nd movie, didn't bother to see the 3rd, but will see this one since it appears to have the original cast back.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
They're always entertaining enough to take a date to. I'll be there with a good looking blonde and her '03 Mustang GT Convert. =]
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I'm going in my 87gt.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
my wife is making me go because she 'loves' paul walker. F&F 2 was on USA the other night and i watched it...fun movie but i don't remember it being that cheeeeeezy last time i saw it. "That hemi is pushin 430 and that yenko can snap a speedo in 5 seconds"....i sometimes wonder if paul walker knows what a yenko camaro is.......? that and, how many gears do those little foreign jobs have?! all i see them do is shift, i think close to 15 times in a quarter mile??
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
The seem to get cheezer and cheezer every time you watch them but I do still find them entertaining and fun to watch.
AV8DAY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AV8DAYSend a Private Message to AV8DAYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

hope this one wont be ricey or have a shotty plit.

It wouldn't be "Fast and Furious" without a remarkablely bad plot!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ill rent the vid. Their all stupid, but then they have Jordana Brewster..........Ill prob fast fwd thru it all to just her parts, lol.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

that and, how many gears do those little foreign jobs have?! all i see them do is shift, i think close to 15 times in a quarter mile??

Well the more times you shift the faster the car gets.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:
Well the more times you shift the faster the car gets.

Hold on thar, now, my racing stickers aren't enough? Now I'm gonna have to start shifting more? This speed image thing is getting to be a little too much work.

Does this mean I need another fart can on the back of the honda?

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-02-2009).]

4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Of course they're WAY over the top, unrealistic, and fake! They have to be, or else, noone would watch them!

Just watch the movie, and like it. As "car guys" (and gals) we dont get too many movies that are geared toward "us". Stop your bitching about these movies and just be glad that someone in Hollywood is nice enough to think about you and make something for you!

Well, you may be right that we should take them as they come, but needing to be unrealistic and fake?

I guarantee you if real car guys made a movie with real street/race cars, and a gritty fast paced in-depth plot, people would be breaking down the doors.

I specifically remember seeing a part of one of the commercials where that back mopar wheelies into the camera and it just looked so fake.

This is what a launch is supposed to look like

EDIT: I haven't seen all of the 3rd one (just the beginning), but I was impressed that they allowed an old montecarlo to compare to a viper. (monte still shoulda been faster ) I might get around to seeing the 4th one on DVD.

[This message has been edited by 4-mulaGT (edited 04-02-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
i wana see it.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Pumped? No. I'm sure I'll see it when one of my kids buys the DVD. I'll watch it for the cars, I like just about all of the American made ones. The foreign stuff for the most part is good for the action wrecks.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
bah - some of us love cheesy
after all - that is the point of movies

and, you go faster if ya downshift, doncha know
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

that and, how many gears do those little foreign jobs have?! all i see them do is shift, i think close to 15 times in a quarter mile??

Hmm... it's also a long 1/4 mile. It seems to take a minute and a half to get to the end.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner
My SD4 Indy www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/096075.html

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Rented the first one, the second I caught on a slow day on cable tv. Honestly I would enjoy them more of there wasn't so much rice being burnt in them, and hip hop slang, maybe I'm getting old . Since Vin is back and some musclecar shots were in the trailer I'll see this one, not sure if rental or theater.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
We're going to go see this one in the theater. Not on opening night, mind you, as there's too many kids who will drive like idiots after the movie's over. (I've got a Supra MKIII, and she's got a BMW 540i; so I already know that they'd drive like idiots around us trying to get us to race).

We didn't know about F&F until after the first one was on DVD. We bought it without viewing first, as the movie was about fast cars; and that's right up our alley. The second and third didn't have the original cast, so we didn't bother seeing them in the theater. We just waited for them to come out on DVD, and watched them then. However, now that the original cast is back, we're making it a point to see this one on the big screen.

Between the original cast, plus the action we're seeing from the trailers; this movie looks like it's shaping up to be the best F&F yet.

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 04-02-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I will wait for the DVD
but it will be better than the theater anyway.
65" mitsubishi and no kids talking
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I liked the first one and the last one.

I will probably go see it when it is at the drive-in. There is usually some nice cars out there at movies like this.

Plus it gives me a chance to go to the movies with my son and his friends and not look like a complete old fart.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
But---will there be lots of fartcans, big hairy wings, Type R decals, and talk of Spoon engines????????
Uwhh Uwwhh----I can't wait!!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Maybe I'll just stay home and watch Bullit and Gone in 60 Seconds again.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
I should mention that I won't be paying cash to see it. (Got a Cinemark gift certificate for Christmas and since I rarely watch movies in the theater anymore, I still haven't used it...)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock