Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Who's pumped to see fast and furious and not afraid to admit it! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who's pumped to see fast and furious and not afraid to admit it! by firstfiero
Started on: 04-01-2009 07:43 PM
Replies: 110
Last post by: Khw on 04-23-2011 08:26 PM
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
hehe.. I guess Vin couldn't find a decent role so he went back to his roots?

Paul Walker was good in running scared he should do more of those type of roles.
IP: Logged
RacinRob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
It wasn't bad... But in movies, why do people wait to rack thier guns? If I was going to get someone I would have a shell loaded. I liked it all the better because it was free, I bought five quarts of Castrol Syntec and a filter, for the five codes on the back I got a free ticket.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RacinRob:

It wasn't bad... But in movies, why do people wait to rack thier guns? If I was going to get someone I would have a shell loaded. I liked it all the better because it was free, I bought five quarts of Castrol Syntec and a filter, for the five codes on the back I got a free ticket.

The same reason you see the ricers shift 15 times in a minute long scene of a "10 second" quarter mile run. Drama.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Also noticed that police cars were sitting at both exits of the parking lot that I used. Apparently, the police have seen F & F also.

Ron

The theater I went to was a multi-screen located at the mall, I too noticed 3 police cars outside the various exits. However the police weren't in the cars, they were inside chatting up the teen females.

When I left (since I decided to walk home) I went towards an exit that is blocked off with those roadblock/ horses things (to keep the cars all going a certain way).

Well about 6 different cars, all made the turn to go down the closed street, got all the way to the end, right up to the blocks, sat a moment, then realized they had to turn around and go the right way. I noticed the road was blocked/closed from a good 1.5 blocks away. That's a little scary that these kids are driving.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
It was sold out when we went. Date took too long getting ready and making dinner. By the time I went to Fandango them.. Sold. So we saw Haunting in Connecticut. Decent movie. But yeah.. On the way out nothing but ricers were trying to race her 03' gt vert.. And she's not the racer type at ALL. Comedy.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The same reason you see the ricers shift 15 times in a minute long scene of a "10 second" quarter mile run. Drama.

Hehehe. I'll let my mailman shift through his/her gears during Netflix delivery.
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Friday night I sat down and watched the original and me and a buddy went and saw the new one Saturday.

In my opinion the new one was done as well as the first one.

It was fun and I liked it.

Steve
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Funny about the police at the exits.

No cops when I was there, but I went at 2 on Fri afternoon. About 10 people total in the theatre showing F&F. The fastest looking car in the whole parking lot was my stock Fiero, and it seems to attract more baby boomers reminiscing these days than street racers wanting to challenge me. (and I don't mind that at all either)
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Entertainment Weekly) -- In the first truly shocking box office result of the year, "Fast & Furious" sped away from expectations to gross a humongous $72.5 million, according to early estimates from Media by Numbers.

Paul Walker stars in "Fast & Furious," which exceeded expectations after taking in $72.5 million.

That result is effectively double what most industry observers had predicted for the debut of the fourth feature in Vin Diesel's car franchise
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I saw it tonight and I thought it was pretty darn good! I do have to say they don't do the 50 shifts in a quarter mile. I mean they shift a lot but none of the races are straight a head races. They down shift before corners...no big deal there. There really wasn't as much street racing as I would have liked. Oh and for all you muscle car guys there are A LOT of muscle cars in this movie. That was the funniest part of the movie...I mean seriously...I like american muscle and imports but if you want a car for cornering old muscle cars just aren't it. Straight line yes...corners no. They had these things turning like indy cars lol actually made me laugh out loud a few times.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
those muscle cars handle like the deer in PA.
PFF
System Bot
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
The fact that it made 72 million in its first weekend all but guarantee's there will be another.
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

The fact that it made 72 million in its first weekend all but guarantee's there will be another.

To me it seemed like they set it up for another one, I mean didnt they? This was the best one yet, they could continue off this one and make another really good one.
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
saw it, awesome. adrenaline highs are great.

Edit to add: I'd bet if you stripped a muscle car and put stiff suspension and lo-pro tires on it, it'd do just fine.

[This message has been edited by hklvette (edited 04-10-2009).]

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
I finally saw it tonight.... I laughed a few times but overall I thought it was a good movie.

I couldnt resist smoking up my tires a little bit after the movie. had to show some ricers how to do a real doughnut.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Upside down cars with out drive train and exhaust is not cool. Seriously you took more them one take and had time to fake that you didn't have a shell of a car sitting there.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
hahaha, the car did roll a few times, maybe the exhaust and drive shaft fell out of the subaru? just a thought, but i laughed when i saw that.
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

hahaha, the car did roll a few times, maybe the exhaust and drive shaft fell out of the subaru? just a thought, but i laughed when i saw that.

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if it got dumped after being beat around/ bottomed out repeatedly.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Seems there might be a fifth movie with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30172616/
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
I watched the movie last night. I thought it was a pretty good action movie, and of course, I liked the cars in it. But, It was far less Fast and Furious than I expected. Don't get me wrong, it had a couple ok race scenes in it, but it wasn't 'about' car racing and such like the previous movies were focused on.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

But it's been beat out badly by Hannah Montana the movie. (will she ever go away?

PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I went with my wife to a drive in and saw it. I wish there would have been more background on Han, but I also understand that's not what the movie was about. The shifting didn't feel as excessive as in the past movies. They story was better then the second movie. Overall I really enjoyed it. No suprise here but it will be added to my DVD collection when it comes out on DVD (of course I have the other 3 already). I'd post more about the movie, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-26-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Finally opened in our little town yesterday. Empty parking lot--everyone was out at the dirt track watching real racing.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
cars driving in a constant circle isn't real racing ..lol I'd rather go see the movie then watch cars make a left turn for 4 hours. but to each his own

[This message has been edited by firstfiero (edited 04-26-2009).]

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
I watched some "real street racing" by seeing a few videos from StreetRacer.com

It was pretty boring. The cars didn't even appear fast. I am sure they are, but it just doesn't look like it on video.

[Sarcasm]
I think part of the reason is they weren't shifting enough. [/Sarcasm]
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Hate the movies but I like to share. I didn't hear if it was local or national but Dodge dealers are giving out the first four on DVD for test driving a car. Go hoon a challenger and get free movies. Sounds like a win-win.
RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
I am since I love the first 3. I really hate the soundtrack so far AND IM LATIN.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

One word.... rental.

ONLY if I have a free coupon for Redbox. Id like to just see the GT40 parts in the new one since its done just like my old kit.

There were FOUR others already ............................?

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-23-2011).]

RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
the 4th was so bad I saw it in theatres, then months later forgot I ever saw it AT ALL. Had to be reminded by the person I went with to realize I did see it. Man was it bad.

3 is my favorite
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
I am going on opening night (again) to see Fast Five. Hopefully with my girl even though she is not into car movies at all and will only be going because I want to.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RenegadeShadow:

3 is my favorite

3 was Tokyo Drift right? That was my favorite as well. I'm kinda curious about Fast Five, because it again happens before 3 and has Han in it. I'm hopeing they don't ruin his character in Fast Five, however I won't find out until it comes out on DVD. After waisting money on the 4th I'm not overly anctious to see 5.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock