Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What a difference a year makes! (Weight loss, pics inside) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What a difference a year makes! (Weight loss, pics inside) by Bigfieroman
Started on: 01-14-2009 08:15 PM
Replies: 107
Last post by: tbone42 on 09-09-2011 04:38 PM
Bigfieroman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
A few of you are aware that I began losing weight this year. This thread is not to brag (well, maybe a little), but more to inspire everyone here who wants to lose some weight. I did this all with no drugs, surgery, starvation, or bulimia. The following changes are due to DIET and EXERCISE.

I have always been fat compared to others...I was chubby through childhood and shot up to full-on obese in high school and college. I always promised myself that I would get my weight under control once I graduated college and got a stable job. Meanwhile, my weight went from 300 after high school to 370 during college to 415 after college (before weight loss).

A year ago I started Weight Watchers, and have lost weight every week for the last year. About 3 months ago, I started lifting weights and playing raquettball, and go roughly 5 times a week.

I went from a 4XL to an XL.
I went from a 50 waist to a 38 (actual loss was more than that, but I am wearing my pants in a different place now).
I went from a 14 ring size to a 12.
I went from a 13EE to a 11.5EE shoe.
I went from a 20.5" neck to a 17" neck.

Overall, I lost almost 170 lbs. I aim to lose about 50 more, or to hit 10-13% body fat, whichever happens first. BMI guidelines say that I am supposed to lose another 80 pounds at least, but they are a crock. I hope to be close to my goal for the upcoming summer!

------------------

More info at: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I admire your determination, keep up the excellent effort.

Ron
wetpoop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wetpoopSend a Private Message to wetpoopDirect Link to This Post
Man that is awesome. congrats. And I thought my 32lb. weight loss was good.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
So, are you going to change your screen name to MediumFieorman? I'm impressed, keep after it!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 01-14-2009).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Dude brag away that's awesome.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Good job!
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

Dude brag away that's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltUiKvNsgJ0 start at 3:26
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the inspirration, man! That is a huge accomplishment, no pun intended.

Paul
leppy_89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leppy_89Send a Private Message to leppy_89Direct Link to This Post
Congrats man! That is incredible, and it shows what hard work and determination

can do! You have officially given me a reason to start losing the gut I've gained

over the past year. I thought losing that would be difficult enough.

Way to go!
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for the encouragement. I hope I can help to show some of you that big losses are possible without expensive trainers or crazy diets, etc.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
excellent... you've even dropped a lot since I met you at the 25th. WTG.
PFF
System Bot
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Holy **** dude! Looking good (for a dude, I guess).

I imagine your heart is probably already thanking you. I bet you're going to be able to run marathons and **** .

Just don't turn into Scott, lol.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

I congratulate and salute you!

I need to lose 50 or so, myself.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome. I packed on 30 lbs when I took a desk job last year. It has not been coming off. Keep at it... keep going!!!! You are doing awesome.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Would you consider a tummy tuck? Thats a lot of extra skin to carry around.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
what you lost I think I found!!! Keep up the great work !!!!!!!!!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Fandamntastic, dude!
Did you start exercising right away or after some weight loss? What were/are your exercise routines like?
Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Big, I started Weight Watchers 5 weeks ago, yesterday I lost 15.4 lbs. My waste is 49 I weigh 267.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! That has to be a good feeling
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

Would you consider a tummy tuck? Thats a lot of extra skin to carry around.

There is still some fat under that skin. I realize that I probably wouldn't be "sagging" at this weight if I didn't have the extra skin. From what I have read, someone my age has a good chance that the skin will "heal" and I will look normal without surgery. It may take a full year after I am at my goal weight, but it may happen on its own.

If that doesn't work out, I would consider something...but I prefer not to have surgery.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Originally posted by Formula88:

Fandamntastic, dude!
Did you start exercising right away or after some weight loss? What were/are your exercise routines like?

I started with riding a stationary recumbent bike for ~20 minutes a day on high resistance(slow/moderate pace), every day. I progressed into a lot of golf over the summer, but when golf season ended I couldn't get back on the bike...so I joined the gym. Now I will generally lift 4-5 times a week for about an hour; and play raquettball one to three of those visits for 1-2 hrs.

Looking back on what I used to do at the beginning, I cannot believe I considered it exercise!
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
you'll need a new avatar now
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

you'll need a new avatar now

Awesome, Bigfieroman!
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
The avatar referred more to my attitude (yes, I can be THAT cynical...I just don't post it most of the time because I am cynical enough to know it would get me banned).

Also, I don't think I will change the name...I am big in other ways (er, yeah...). Years of being fat has thankfully made me very strong...I can max out most of the machines at the gym; I leg pressed over 1000 lbs before the visions of exploding kneecaps and ankles got too vivid to ignore (prolly could have done 1200ish).

One thing I have ALWAYS wanted to do was a pull-up...and yesterday I managed a kinda-sorta half of one! I pulled up from a half-flexed position...eventually I will be able to go from arms straight completely up to the top!

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 01-14-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Holy crap !

That is amazing. Great job !

Keep going !
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
That's effing great man! You should brag away! I used to have nice flat abs, a chest and looked alright. Past couple months I stopped and it has all gone away. Do NOT stop! Keep going, you've definitely inspired me.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

I started with riding a stationary recumbent bike for ~20 minutes a day on high resistance(slow/moderate pace), every day. I progressed into a lot of golf over the summer, but when golf season ended I couldn't get back on the bike...so I joined the gym. Now I will generally lift 4-5 times a week for about an hour; and play raquettball one to three of those visits for 1-2 hrs.

Looking back on what I used to do at the beginning, I cannot believe I considered it exercise!

Any recommendations on an exercise bike for a big guy? I'm looking for a recumbent bike. I need to exercise my legs more, but a bum knee makes walking long distances difficult and running right out. Swimming is great, but not practical year round.

Oh, and be sure to get the juice of 1 lemon everyday. It does wonders to help your skin stay resilient. Back when I was younger, I went to the Diet Center and that was one of the things they mentioned. I lost 100 lbs in 6 months and didn't have a problem with sagging skin. Now that I'm older, losing is MUCH more difficult. It's gonna take serious exercise. Diet alone just won't cut it.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
I bought this one specifically:

http://www.walmart.com/cata...o?product_id=4269099

However, the price went up about $30 since. It held me at over 400 lbs fine as long as I got on/off gingerly.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

I bought this one specifically:

http://www.walmart.com/cata...o?product_id=4269099

However, the price went up about $30 since. It held me at over 400 lbs fine as long as I got on/off gingerly.

Thanks. And it's cheap enough where I'm not too worried about getting the wrong equipment. Dumping $500+ on an exercise machine to have it end up as a plant stand is just adding insult to injury.
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post
That's incredible! Your determination is extremely admirable!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
That is just ridiculous! Awesome job on yourself. Usually it is cars that we are commenting on. But my hat is off to you sir. You should go and buy yourself some Fiero parts for your hard work. You deserve it.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Way to frickin go man! awsome.

I could use a few miles on one of those contraptions myself.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
dude... seriously!! awesome! hope to see ya again..
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

That's amazing losing all that weight!

Does your Fiero accelerate faster now?
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Christian, I'm so proud of you!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoDirect Link to This Post
I usually wouldn't post in a "way to go" thread for someone I didn't know, but WOW...that's very impressive. You have my respect and admiration. Keep it up!
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
That is PHENOMENAL! It is hard to express the admiration I have for an achievement like that.

Numbers are so hard to really grasp the scale of, so consider this:

170 pounds is often the weight of an entire PERSON. Imagine if someone 170 pounds jumped on your back, and you had to carry that person around with you everywhere you went all day long.

Now imagine how great you would feel if you got rid of that person. Your whole life would be revolutionized.

Hey, you didn't even have to go on a TV show to do it!

I am SO happy for you.

And if you could do something like this, who knows what else you might wind up doing if you decide it is something you want to do?
Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
With already doing that for a year it went from a goal to a life style change, being young helps with the skin I have seen it in the Army.
I have seen friends of mine who lost so much weight during basic and in order to join the Army. Their skin took alittle while to heal but you
couldn't tell after awhile.

I used to get flak for being over my table weight for my height when I was in the Army. Depending on the group taking our PT test I would be
the first runner in and still get flak from the 1SGT. I usually did 60-72 pushups, 65-75 situps, and ran a 14.15-14.55 2 mile while I was in.

Keep up with the work I am dieting myself to shrink the neckface a little bit. I had to adjust my eating a lot because I am no longer working out twice a day and now look like I over dosed on Mom's spaghetti.

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Once again guys, thank you all very much for the encouragement. I still wish that I was never fat to begin with, but the fear of gaining it all back is long gone now. I am happy to say that it is simply a matter of time!

I really appreciate how many of you took the time to reply, honestly; THANK YOU.

And YES, both of my cars are actually noticeably faster now!
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
That's a huge accomplishment, great job man!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock