Started on: 01-10-2011 10:54 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: 86FieroSEv6 on 01-11-2011 11:42 PM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Melanie’s Mom used to pick them up all the time back in the 70’s. there was a pot hole at the end of her street and everyday someone would lose one or more.

So what are the most expensive ones?
She has a whole pile of them.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Does she have any set?
Some are worth more for custom and vintage builders, even as a single cap.
The rest? How much is "Dirty" Scrap metal worth? (Dirty = mix metal) Most are made from Pot metal, Al, SS, and Plastic.
Maybe as art? Antique?

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 01-10-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I assume all you have are one of a kinds. A fan or collector looking for one may pay a lot for a replacement. Prob your best shot is EBay. Thats where I always look for parts for my old cars. Ive seen them sell at swap meets from one dollar to hundreds of dollars each depending on what they are for. Only other possiblity is if you have a place like here (Hubcap Annie) that sells hubcaps might buy the whole lot...dont expect a windfall though. A friend did pay $500 for a replacement for a lost one for his 56 Cadillac a while back.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Take some pics?
The hard part might be identifying which cars they are for.
Once you do, post them for sale in a place like craigslist.
Better yet join a forum for that particular car and post for sale there.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ya Steve, she found them, let her search online to find out what each one is for. Old Dodge Lancer hubcaps with the 3 or 4 bar flat spinner are popular with hot rodders on 50s-70s customs.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I once looked up some old center caps and they were $75 for one, that was 15 years ago so hard telling how much they are worth now.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ya Steve, she found them, let her search online to find out what each one is for. .

Let her search online for them. Are you kidding me, with this woman on a computer would not be a pretty sight.

She has all she can do to turn the TV and satellite dish on and change channels. She is always calling here to find out what she did wrong because she can’t change the channel with the remote.

She is 84 and has a hard time with the TV so a computer is way out of the question. Besides she would spend all her money on the shopping sites. Melanie is always getting something every week from her mom from the Home Shopping Network.

Besides Melanie is going to sell them and keep the money.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Take some photos of the more unusual ones and we can all play "Name That Cap". With this crowd we will probably know a lot of them.

I agree there is a wide range of value. Then again, how many Cadillacs, Imperials and Lincolns were running around that part of the county back then.
Some of the old muscle car caps are worth some decent money as well.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCAFiero:

Take some photos of the more unusual ones and we can all play "Name That Cap". With this crowd we will probably know a lot of them.

I agree there is a wide range of value. Then again, how many Cadillacs, Imperials and Lincolns were running around that part of the county back then.
Some of the old muscle car caps are worth some decent money as well.

That sounds fun to me.

Brad
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Many are not plastic or potmetal.
I sold a crap load of them a few years ago that were stainless, but I had to remove all the plastic centers and some steel clips before they would give top $ for them. About 200 of them, I and still have about 30 older ones--dating back to the 60s or earlier.
DeSoto, Packard, Kaiser, Rambler, Nash--lots of Fords and Mercury.
86FieroSEv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroSEv6Send a Private Message to 86FieroSEv6Direct Link to This Post
This would be the man to ask . . . . http://www.hubcapjoe.com/

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock