Started on: 12-08-2010 03:53 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Red88FF on 12-09-2010 05:24 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Some scientist have been discussing the merits of adding Lithium to our water supply.
http://www.prisonplanet.com...ty-with-lithium.html

In the remarkable Fox News report posted below, Dr. Archelle Georgiou, described as a well-recognized physician leader who “helps consumers make better health care decisions,” argues the case for adding lithium to the water supply. Georgiou is affiliated with the Center for Health Transformation, an organization founded by the notorious neocon Newt Gingrich.

Georgiou is also a “medical expert” for Fox News 9 in Minneapolis where she commented on a proposal to drug people during a segment on “Health Care Innovations 2009.”

“Lithium in the Water Supply: America has been adding fluoride to its public water supplies for decades to help prevent reduce tooth decay. Now researchers from Japan suggests expanding the list to lithium,” is how how Fox News 9 describes the segment.
Georgiou does not explicitly call for adding the mood-stabilizing drug to the water system, as suggested by Japanese researchers, but she does not denounce the proposed practice. Instead, she says the draconian proposal is a “very interesting concept.”

Japanese researchers, according to Georgiou, are “investigating whether trace amounts of lithium can just change the mood in a community enough — in a really positive way without having the bad effects of lithium — to really affect the mood and decrease the suicide rate.”

Remarkably, Georgiou does not address the moral issue of forcibly drugging a population into submission.

On May 1, the BBC reported on the Japanese research. “Researchers examined levels of lithium in drinking water and suicide rates in the prefecture of Oita, which has a population of more than one million. The suicide rate was significantly lower in those areas with the highest levels of the element, they wrote in the British Journal of Psychiatry.”

Scientists are not certain how lithium works in the brain. “Lithium increases the amount of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, which can help stabilize both the manic and depressive sides of the disorder, but the exact method behind this is still under investigation,” notes Discovery News.

Apparently the unresolved scientific aspects of lithium were not a concern in the Japanese research.

Research conducted in Texas from 1978-1987 revealed lower incidences of crime, suicide, and arrest when lithium is present in water, according to PubMed. “These results suggest that lithium has moderating effects on suicidal and violent criminal behavior at levels that may be encountered in municipal water supplies.”

Peter D. Kramer, in an article on lithium in drinking water, states there are serious ethical considerations to any plan to drug the populace. “The neurotrophic factors seem to protect against psychiatric and neurological disease. But they may also affect personality traits – and that possibility poses ethical dilemmas for any broad-based effort to improve resilience in the brain,” he writes for DoubleX.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Lithium has well-documented harmful effects. It is known to be responsible for significant amounts of weight gain and reduces the activity of thyroid hormone. It is also believed to affect renal function.

Our water supply already contains dangerous levels of pharmaceutical drugs. Preliminary results from two important federal studies compared the waste water flowing from sewage plants that handle waste from drug companies and compared them with others that do not, redOrbit reported in April. According to a U.S. Geological Survey’s report, some of the samples contained a range of pharmaceuticals, from over-the-counter medications to opiates, barbiturates and tranquilizers; some of them at significantly higher concentrations than what were found at other plants.

“All of this comes down to the mass medication of the public with trace amounts of prescription drugs. In another words, if you’re drinking tap water that’s tainted with these drugs, you’re getting a little bit of Prozac whether you like it or not,” remarks Mike Adams, the Health Ranger.

Drinking water in the United States has been polluted with fluoride for decades. The often cited reason given for this forcible drugging of the American public is that fluoride prevents tooth decay. Numerous studies prove otherwise. (A study conducted in Tucson, Arizona in 1992 on 26,000 elementary school students produced empirical evidence of just the opposite — the more fluoride a child consumes, the more cavities appear.)

According to chemist Charles Perkins, fluoride is added to the water supply because in time reduces an individual’s power to resist domination by incrementally poisoning and narcotizing a certain area of the brain, thus making an individual submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.

This is precisely why the Nazis forced concentration camp internees to ingest fluoride. Americans liberating of POW camps at the end of the Second World War discovered stockpiles of fluoride stored near water supplies. When they asked what the fluoride was used for, they were told that the Germans used the substance as an additive to the prisoners water to make them docile.

Researchers in Japan and Dr. Archelle Georgiou may believe adding lithium to the drinking water is beneficial to society – never mind the unresolved scientific issues of the drug’s use and the immorality of the forcible drugging on a population – but there is a larger context here.

Adding fluoride and lithium to drinking water is an effective way to subdue and narcotize the population, especially during times of social and political upheaval.

Our eugenicist rulers are not perturbed by crime and suicide in society. Like the Nazis, they are primarily interested in rendering the masses docile and making certain they are unable to resist the draconian plans – from an engineered crash of the global economy to the establishment of a totalitarian world government – now unfolding with increased speed and determination.

On a different note, water is being referred to as "Blue Gold" now and several foreign countries have been buying up aquafier properties to pump it out, bottle it, and sell it back to us. If you can control the people's water supply, you can control the people.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-08-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
And here I sit.... surrounded by fresh water.... I am the god! I am the god! (evil laugh)
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I wanted to add this.

After watching Jesse Ventura last night I did some checking. China is buying our drinking water. We have a shortage of drinking water all around the world. On top of that our ground water is being corroded by uranium and Mercury from industrialization .Corporations and millionaires are buying up are precious resource, that really belongs to every American. The great lakes holds 21% of the worlds fresh water it provides drinking water to tens of Millions of American's. Bush family bought up over 100,000 acres in Paraguay which sits on top of the biggest Guarani aquifer.T Boon Pickens buying up surface water in Texas'. This is a really big problem that needs to be addressed. If we don't stop this, it could lead to the biggest human disaster in history. I urge ever one to read these links. Water will be sold for the highest bitter.

http://snardfarker.ning.com...9&xg_source=activity

http://www.youtube.com/watc...SX8A&feature=related

http://www.allvoices.com/co...water-supply

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-08-2010).]

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Eh, why not... 7-up used to have Lithium in it... If it makes us all as happy and complacent as Hindu cows, why not?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Where's that tin foil hat song?

Portland doesn't fluoridate the drinking water because of nuts like the one who authored the OP quote. Kids have to suffer the consequences. They sell bottled water here with fluoride added for people who are concerned about their children's dental health.
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Drinking water in the United States has been polluted with fluoride for decades.

Did someone just say, "... our precious bodily fluids?"

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-08-2010).]

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Lithium is a salt, so it actually makes you more thirsty. It takes quite a bit of Lithium ingested on a daily basis to be considered mood altering, like around 1000mg. You would have to drink a lot of water to get that.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Where's that tin foil hat song?

Portland doesn't fluoridate the drinking water because of nuts like the one who authored the OP quote. Kids have to suffer the consequences. They sell bottled water here with fluoride added for people who are concerned about their children's dental health.

Right, because you are an expert in fluoride.

Brad
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't Strontium90 work faster?
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

where were you in 62 ?
the john birch society was nuts about fluoride back then
both fluoride and lithium are basic elements NOT DRUGS
MANY AREAS LIKE SOUTH FLA HAVE FLUORIDE IN THE GROUND WATER
with no real practical way to remove it
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

where were you in 62 ?
the john birch society was nuts about fluoride back then
both fluoride and lithium are basic elements NOT DRUGS
MANY AREAS LIKE SOUTH FLA HAVE FLUORIDE IN THE GROUND WATER
with no real practical way to remove it

Flouride isn't an element. Flourine is. Flouride is an ion of Flourine.
Lithium is an element. The "drug" lithium is actually Lithium Carbonate. There's also Lithium Citrate and Lithium Sulfate.

Just like "Sodium" is not salt. Sodium Chloride is salt. Sodium is a metal and violently reacts with water. Salt is stable in water.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

I'm no expert but I don't believe fluoride in drinking water enables governments to control peoples minds. I classify the opposition to it's use as similar to not vaccinating children. Most kids get their fluoride in toothpaste now or in treatments at the dentist's office so it's not as great a concern as before. Now it primarily affects poor kids who have less access to dental care. It bothers me when a few crack pots cause harm to them because of their own irrational fears.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Flouride isn't an element. Flourine is. Flouride is an ion of Flourine.
Lithium is an element. The "drug" lithium is actually Lithium Carbonate. There's also Lithium Citrate and Lithium Sulfate.

Just like "Sodium" is not salt. Sodium Chloride is salt. Sodium is a metal and violently reacts with water. Salt is stable in water.

Good job, there is a difference.

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello and I thought this was going to be about Lithum leaching into our water supply from dead batteries that are overwhelming our dumps, oops.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

I'm no expert but I don't believe fluoride in drinking water enables governments to control peoples minds. I classify the opposition to it's use as similar to not vaccinating children. Most kids get their fluoride in toothpaste now or in treatments at the dentist's office so it's not as great a concern as before. Now it primarily affects poor kids who have less access to dental care. It bothers me when a few crack pots cause harm to them because of their own irrational fears.

Perhaps, but in most European countries, Flouride is considered a poison. Of course, like chlorinated water in your pool, chlorine is deadly if you ingest too much. How much Flouride is dangerous? Being in water, we're constantly exposed to small amounts. The U.S. says it's safe.

I think a lot of the health issues we have in the U.S. are due, in part, by the crap that's in our food and water supply. Too many substances that mess with your body's hormones and metabolism. There's been some studies that suggest Flouride can damage your thyroid and lead to hyperthyroidism. That messes with your whole metabolism.

Lithium is just another problem to add to the list.

We ingest far too many chemicals and not enough "food and water."
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
We ingest far too many chemicals and not enough "food and water."

I agree.
Whole foods & clean water.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I keep hearing how municipal water systems are going to pot because they aren't being used. Too much bottled water being purchased instead. Not sure how much truth there is to it.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Did someone just say, "... our precious bodily fluids?"

A new cocktail....Rain water and grain alcohol..... call it the "Jack D. Ripper!"
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I wonder what the effect is of all the outdated pharmaceuticals being flushed down the toilet into our water supplies? At some some point the concentrations of these will probably start to have an effect on us.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
being a diabetic i do drink alot of water. when my wife and i moved to florida and purchased a home i made sure i purchased a water purifation system with reverse osmosis system. all my water is is wet. i have stainless steel water bottles that i fill up if i go on a trip in my fiero because that is the only way i roll. no plastic or crapy water. my water comes from the ground and i even get a water quality report every year, is it correct i have no idea. we have to have trust in our goverment, hm. good luck. my moto, trust no one, and verifyevery thing.
PFF
System Bot
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I wonder what the effect is of all the outdated pharmaceuticals being flushed down the toilet into our water supplies? At some some point the concentrations of these will probably start to have an effect on us.

Traces of pharmacutical drugs are becoming a problem in some water supplies, they recently did some promotion locally to discourage people from flushing their old meds.

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

Traces of pharmacutical drugs are becoming a problem in some water supplies, they recently did some promotion locally to discourage people from flushing their old meds.

Really? some places treat and re use toilet water for drinking water? Sounds weird to me. YUK

DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Really? some places treat and re use toilet water for drinking water? Sounds weird to me. YUK

they're called sewage treatment facilitys, they take the majority of the bad stuff out and pass on the good stuff back into the watersource/aquifer, down stream any chemicals or contaminants that remain are supposedly taken care of at the next water treatment facility or municipal supply.

Water gets reused, get over it. LOL

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

they're called sewage treatment facilitys, they take the majority of the bad stuff out and pass on the good stuff back into the watersource/aquifer, down stream any chemicals or contaminants that remain are supposedly taken care of at the next water treatment facility or municipal supply.

Water gets reused, get over it. LOL

Well, I never paid any attention to it. I own my well. ther is a treatment station up river for the town of Sultan but they pump their treated or broken down sewage into the river.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock