Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Forum Troll emailing my girlfriend (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Forum Troll emailing my girlfriend by Toddster
Started on: 12-04-2010 05:53 PM
Replies: 79
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 12-05-2010 02:19 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure whether to pity the loser for thinking he is in Jeri's league or to just laugh. I am not even in Jeri's league so this clod is not even on the same planet! I am not naming names. This arrogant self-righteous pile of dung knows who he is.

But the purpose of having email access is for people to converse, who WISH to converse. I don't mind if people email to ask about Fieros or for other forum related matters. I don't mind if close friends email for any reason. But for a total stranger to email Jeri, put me down in that email, and try to establish a dialog with her is pathetic. Typical of losers to think that the way to build themselves up is to tear others down. The problem is he is trying to tear down someone she loves so she was actually annoyed with the email. She showed it to me. She intends to make nothing of it. She is too much of a lady and does not even intend to respond. She doesn't post much here because she is more of a Facebook kinda gal for her social networking and she depends on me to keep her car in top shape.

If this person was just your average troll I might not even mention it but he has a history of confrontation (I know from personal experience) AND I have heard it rumored that he has administrative access to PFF which makes this abuse of forum etiquette even more distrubing.

I'll let the forum opinion carry the day. Is this in or out of bounds behavior?

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 12-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
The nice thing about internet is you can just walk away from something you dont like. You dont HAVE to read it..
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

The nice thing about internet is you can just walk away from something you dont like. You dont HAVE to read it..

That doesn't apply to email
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

That doesn't apply to email

Unless there is a gun to your head, yes email can be ignored too.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Unless there is a gun to your head, yes email can be ignored too.

Great, I'll be happy to put on every spam list in the country.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Great, I'll be happy to put on every spam list in the country.

Don't get me wrong, I'm *not* condoning his behavior, but get real.. she has a choice to read the correspondence. if someone cant avoid reading something they don't want to see, then there are bigger issues here. No one is being forced to do it. Its no different then getting a USPS letter you dont want to read.. Or a phone call.. "Just say no" and the problem goes *poof*. ( now, if the offender comes to the door, or follows you around town THEN there is an issue we can deal with )

And im sorry to sound heartless, but the entire idea of people not being able to function normally because 'its the internet' ( or freaking out if it goes away and they aren't i touch with everyone every second ) is getting really old. I suggest she stop reading them, or gets professional help with addictions so she can stop.

And i assume you meant put me on the spam list? Go ahead, i get about 10000 a day now. And guess what, i don't read them. I only read things from people i want to hear from. ( white-lists.. such a wonderful invention from the 70's )
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
It's out of bounds, no question.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
She didnt have to put her email out there. I get spammed all the time because of people who forward jokes to me and a hundred other blokes on their list. It makes me mad, but if I didnt want it to happen, I should never have made my email available. I even made my Aunt a "spam" contact after I warned her twice about it. She should change her email and not list it.. that would solve the problem. See that bar above my message? No email link... because I suspected this very thing could happen.

Edit: I don't believe anyone has private info access here except Cliff. You should contact Cliff to make sure, but he has always been fair and discreet from my observation and would not just allow anyone to have access to our private information.. he wouldn't even give our info to the fiero store so we could get discounts.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 12-04-2010).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

It's out of bounds, no question.

Thanks. YES, we put out emails up for people to use but even Cliff has pointed-out that spamming is out of bounds and I can't see how this is different.

And Nurb, you haven't explained how it is but thanks for trying.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
This is random. Who could this !confrontational madman be, with access to the highest forum administrative levels?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
What concerns me is that you mentioned that he may have "administrative access" to this forum.
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
My self loathing had me think you were referring to me. But, unless she is posting jobs, I have very little interest in a woman I am not already related to.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

What concerns me is that you mentioned that he may have "administrative access" to this forum.

I've heard there are 10 or so members with that kind of access. This person is rumored to be one but I can't say for certain unless Cliff weighs in. That is a problem in my book but then again Cliff has never given a **** what I think so nothing will happen. That is why I want the forum's opinon.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Gmail has a spam filter, and Outlook has a blocked senders list. Most email programs have something similar. Use it, then get on with your life.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Gmail has a spam filter, and Outlook has a blocked senders list. Most email programs have something similar. Use it, then get on with your life.

Been there done that. Doesn't answer the question of Forum abuse.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

I've heard there are 10 or so members with that kind of access. This person is rumored to be one but I can't say for certain unless Cliff weighs in. That is a problem in my book but then again Cliff has never given a **** what I think so nothing will happen. That is why I want the forum's opinon.

In before trashcan.. my opinion is that email is beyond the realm of the authority of this forum, so why does it matter what our opinion is? If it was PM, it would be different. If she listed her email in the text bar above posts, that was kinda asking for it wasnt it? (not that I approve of harrassment of any kind, but open the door and someone is bound to come in.)

Edit: If her email was NOT listed in the bar above, then I could see this as some kind of administative function abuse.. but saying cliff doesn't give a **** about what you think will hardly be endearing you to him enough to warrant him checking it out for you.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

What "forum abuse"?

BTW, the Council of Ten have ruled. We decree that you are being a pussy. Cliff will follow our command.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

It's possible that with a name, he saw some information elsewhere on the internet. Having the e-mail listed on Facebook could have also allowed this.

There are a plethora of ways to get info on someone if you so desire to..
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:
Edit: If her email was NOT listed in the bar above, then I could see this as some kind of administative function abuse.. but saying cliff doesn't give a **** about what you think will hardly be endearing you to him enough to warrant him checking it out for you. Just my opinion Todd... I do sympathize.

To be fair to Todd, after all of the personality assassination that he has engaged in, I highly doubt that Cliff does give a **** about what he says.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

In before trashcan.. my opinion is that email is beyond the realm of the authority of this forum, so why does it matter what our opinion is? If it was PM, it would be different. If she listed her email in the text bar above posts, that was kinda asking for it wasnt it? (not that I approve of harrassment of any kind, but open the door and someone is bound to come in.)

Having an email account at all is an open door for getting things you don't like. Its part of life on the 'net. And i fully disagree with your statement above that i didn't explain "how it is". Its the internet, its not your front door and people standing on your stoop. Walk away if it bothers you. Anything less indicates a hidden ( or perhaps not so hidden ) emotional problem and i suggest getting her help before it gets worse.

And I'm not trying to sound like an ass or being sarcastic. Unstable people have killed themselves ( or others ) for far less because they were unable to cope with reality and take normal rational steps and simply ignore things that this bothered them. Don't want to hear about yet another one.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Evil EMAIL Dun Dunnn Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

That is true, but you cant stop everything and she will have to step up at some point and blow off 'hate'. Its a big bad world out there, and most people aren't very nice.

To deal with the 'abuse allegation', the proper way would be to email Cliff directly and state your case. Not air it out in public. Let him decide if he feels that is what happened, and what steps he wants to take to remediate it ( its his house, his rules )

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 12-04-2010).]

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Report it to cliff and if he does nothing to punish the person who caused this incredible disruption of your life by all means stop posting and find another car forum to annoy.

Seriously. This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy lol
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

It's possible that with a name, he saw some information elsewhere on the internet. Having the e-mail listed on Facebook could have also allowed this.

There are a plethora of ways to get info on someone if you so desire to..

Nah, he specifically mentioned PFF
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by firstfiero:

Report it to cliff and if he does nothing to punish the person who caused this incredible disruption of your life by all means stop posting and find another car forum to annoy.

Seriously. This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy lol

Nice to see the "troll" in question has already called up his reserve army of tollettes.

Nothing happened to "me". comprendo?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster: Been there done that. Doesn't answer the question of Forum abuse.

How exactly is the forum being abused? According to your description, the offensive emails are just that, emails. Apparently, she isn't being trolled in the forum. Last time I checked, Cliff doesn't babysit people when they're off his forum.

Ever hear the saying "karma's a b!tch"?

I distinctly remember YOU verbally abusing, bullying, etc former PFF members, to the point of them leaving the forum in disgust. And what were their transgressions? Did they break any forum rules? Nope. They just didn't fit into your narrow-minded view of reality.

Now that the roles are reversed, you're crying like a little girl. Ironic...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Is she hot? Can you send me her address

Just add the send to your black list/spam filter and ignore it. Emailing someone isn't out of line, emailing someone with romantic intentions when they have a boy/girl friend is wrong.
Have her ask him to stop, if he doesn't contact his ISP and they will stop him.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
How does someone on this forum get your girlfriends email? Yours sure but unless she is a forum member and posts her email address or you have posted her email address then I see no way for anyone here to get HER email address. Or maybe you are using her email address as your own.

Can we say you are a little paranoid?
Is it possible it could be your own ex-wife?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Is she hot? Can you send me her address

Just add the send to your black list/spam filter and ignore it. Emailing someone isn't out of line, emailing someone with romantic intentions when they have a boy/girl friend is wrong.
Have her ask him to stop, if he doesn't contact his ISP and they will stop him.

Good luck with that, most ISP's wont get involved unless a court order exists demanding they do and even then its unlikely unless there is a actual crime taking place ( and not just a restraining order violation ).

They are more liable to just cancel your service to avoid the legal hassle.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking that Cliff should be notified first, and then discuss it with the person that wrote the E-Mail.

After all this, if he continues, then post his name on the forum, and the problem, but not the actual E-Mails, I don't want people seeing what I..Er he wrote.

I know it's a serious problem, I just can't help myself. I would be livid myself.

Brad
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

AND I have heard it rumored that he has administrative access to PFF which makes this abuse of forum etiquette even more distrubing.

Since there's only one single person on this planet who has any kind of administrative access (or any kind of access other than what any other member on here can do) is me, I guess I'm the one who has been emailing your girlfriend?

And since I haven't, I would appreciate it you stop questioning my integrity again by insinuating that I allow other people any kind of administrative access to PFF while I have said time and time again I am the only one.

Or is this like the time you were claiming I accepted money to let a banned member back?
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Since there's only one single person on this planet who has any kind of administrative access (or any kind of access other than what any other member on here can do) is me, I guess I'm the one who has been emailing your girlfriend?

*snip*

I myself thought that is how it still was around here, but didn't want to look stupid if things had changed so i kept my mouth shut

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Looks like that mystery is solved... it was not anyone with admin function, as I suspected no one else has them. Thanks for keeping our privates (!) private Cliff.
I guess that means it was because her email was found somehow else.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Are you for real? I've helped you setup websites in the past, I've helped you when someone stole your account's password. I've helped you with tons of other (forum related) things in the past. But from the moment I wouldn't take your side when you had a big fight with WhiteDevil88 (or "Stimpy" as he was known back then), you started making up stories about me. Like how I took money from him so I allowed him back on the forum. And now you are claiming there are 10 or so members with administrative rights? And you know that from a reputable source no doubt? You know, the same source that told you I took a "bribe" to let Stimpy back on?

You do know that an overactive imagination doesn't count as a reputable source, do you?
nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

You do know that an overactive imagination doesn't count as a reputable source, do you?

LOL

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

They are more liable to just cancel your service to avoid the legal hassle.

Well that will stop the emails
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
The frivolity amazes me.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

How exactly is the forum being abused? According to your description, the offensive emails are just that, emails. Apparently, she isn't being trolled in the forum. Last time I checked, Cliff doesn't babysit people when they're off his forum.

Ever hear the saying "karma's a b!tch"?

I distinctly remember YOU verbally abusing, bullying, etc former PFF members, to the point of them leaving the forum in disgust. And what were their transgressions? Did they break any forum rules? Nope. They just didn't fit into your narrow-minded view of reality.

Now that the roles are reversed, you're crying like a little girl. Ironic...

What goes around comes around aye. Todd I have to agree, if anyone doesn’t agree with what you say you get in their sh!t so bad and call them names now that someone is getting back at you, the shoe is on the other foot.

You know it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who you are talking about from just what you posted. So is this who your wife caught you messing around with? I wouldn’t put it past her sending the emails.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
off to the trashcan with the companion thread!
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
im making more popcorn, who wants some?

om nom nom nom nom

oh, forgive me... but who is jeri? i dont think i know her? (least not by real name)

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 12-04-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock