Started on: 08-31-2010 02:59 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Doug85GT on 09-07-2010 04:36 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
In all seriousness this is not any kind of joke or anything like that

What does friendship mean to you guys?

I have a lot of friends and i prefer quality over quantity.I dont have 1 best friend i have 4 best friends. 2 of them i havent seen in a while but the other 2 i hangouit with almost everyweekend

My 2 best friends that i hangout with every weekend are my buddys charels and steve. there both car buff's like me and we go out driving around sometimes go to the local drag racing track sometimes to the bar others just car meets in philladelphia. I trust these 2 dudes with my life and we all try to help each other when we need it.. neither of them are per say good with cars and whenever they have a problem i try to help them out with it. I dont expect financial compensation I dont expect them be my b*tch for the week after doing it. I just expect a simple thank you and the favor returned when ever I need it (and sometimes a free dinner at sonic if the job pissed me off enough) i work on my buddy charells eclipse GST a lot and not only do we get it done i try to show him what to do so next time it goes he can fix the problem on his own. And he is getting pretty good with cars seeing that this time last year i couldent change his own oil. These 2 guys i know what ever trouble I get myself into Charels i know without even looking back is 100% will be right behind me in what ever perdiciment i'v gotten my self into and vice versa if either of them are in trouble ill go into it knowing my friends in the wrong and knowing im going to get my a$$ kicked but i do it because there both like brothers to me. Steve depending on the situation hes there to. These 2 dudes arnt the guys I expect to come bail me out of jail there the 2 guys i know would be sitting in the cell with me. These 2 clowns are my 2 best friend (that i hangout with on a regular basis)

My other 2 best friends are 2 guys bill and Jay that i went to highschool with. over the past year out hanging out has stopped because bill has a kid and jay is really busy but we still keep in touch. These 2 in highschool we always had each others back. If you had a problem with one of us you had a problem with all 3 of us all 3 of us thought alike and even though right now times are tough its still till the grave for the 3 of us.

So its yout turn. What is a friend/best friend to you?

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-31-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2010 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Don't know, never had one.
I just never really hung out like that.
Seems "friends" were around when they needed something, and gone when there was nothing left to get.

The final clue was being excluded from their friends get-togethers.
They would go to parties & outings I wasn't invited to.
Not cool enough, too uneducated, not well-dressed enough, whatever.

I realized those were not friends, and that I never really had any.
I don't miss them though.
Growing up alone in the woods, I do just fine solo.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Don't know, never had one.
I just never really hung out like that.
Seems "friends" were around when they needed something, and gone when there was nothing left to get.

The final clue was being excluded from their friends get-togethers.
They would go to parties & outings I wasn't invited to.
Not cool enough, too uneducated, not well-dressed enough, whatever.

I realized those were not friends, and that I never really had any.
I don't miss them though.

I was kinda like that when i was younger. I used to be a toublesom kid and any friend I had I would end up beating up if they ever crossed me. So naturley i wasent a bully per say but kids were affraid of me in elementry school. Eventualy (by grade school) I grew out of that and in high school I was never really the popular kid I was just the guy that everyone knew and everyone could get along with. than bill and jay showed up and we have been friends ever since. steve and charels showed up about 5 years ago but still see them as brothers.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-31-2010).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
A' real' friend is one who will go to town, get 2 BJs.--one for himself and one to bring back for you.
I have no 'real' friends.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

Somehow, I get the feeling you are funnin' me................

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-31-2010).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Friendship is super important to me. Sometimes far more important that it should be to remain healthy.

I had about 20 friends total in Elementary School. We all knew each other, I just didn't care enough to branch out. I had what I needed.

Middle School I wanted to be a cool kid. I tried hard to fit in but in all reality I didn't find many friends. I had about 8-10 close friends in that time.

When I hit High School I quit caring what others thought of me. I was myself. Because I was/am good at sports, but also smart, I had friends from pretty much every corner of the school.

Our graduating class had over 600 kids. I was legitimate friends with about 400 of them. I would consider about 40 of them close friends, and I was blessed enough to have about 7 really close friends.

I've never had over 2 best friends at once. And they have never been the same gender. When I moved to where I am now in 7th grade, I met my best friend Scott who has stood by my side thick and thin. Various girls through the years have become extremely close friends, to the point of being platonic best friends. But I've found you honestly just can't rely on girls as much as a guy. Scott has always been my best man and always will be.

Now, I'm in college, and I don't have a huge group of friends like before. I know people; I have acquaintances all over the place and pretty much everybody is friendly to me. I still meet people at parties that say they know me but I KNOW I've never met them before.... So I guess I'm still as easy to get along with as I was in High School. But I don't really go out as much. I'm content with just hanging with myself.

BTW, I know it seems like I've been bragging the whole time. I'm not. It's just the subject matter. Trust me, you don't become friends with 400 out of 600 students because you tried to be the jock. It was genuine kindness that brought those friends to me, and continues to.

Everyone says "Oh I'm easy to get along with and everyone likes me. I have no enemies". But I know in my case it's true. Too many people have complimented my manner to my face for me to deny it. Gosh I know this entire post just comes across the complete wrong way, but there isn't any way to say "I have a really good personality" without coming across as a douche.

Edit: I posted without finishing. I forgot to go back to my point.

Sometimes friendship is too important to me. I've been burned quite a few times. I put large emotional "stock" in people I meet. The more we hang out the more stock I put in you. And if you decide to break away, I lose it.

I'm ALWAYS willing to drop what I can for my friends. I've opened my house to others, gotten out of bed to pick up a stranded friend, helped friends pay for necessities that they couldn't otherwise......... and sometimes I don't get the same treatment back.

I have a trust problem, but it isn't like most people. My trust problem has to do with me trusting people far too much. I've grown close to people who just didn't deserve my trust. But it's not even that I've gotten burned in any large way, it's just more like this:

I'll have a friend ask me to hang out at night and go out. I'll say "Okay, sounds cool. Call me when you want to head out."
I'll have other friends ask me to go out, but I'll say "No I have plans already".
Then I'll sit at home waiting.
Midnight will roll around. They aren't answering calls.
I go to sleep around 3 AM after not being able to contact them.
I'll wake up the next day to "Sorry! We went to Joe Schmoe's house and my phone didn't have reception man!"
So why didn't you call me at 9 when you were leaving?

And that stuff really hurts. Because like I said, friendships mean a lot to me. And when something like that happens I get hurt pretty badly. It's not so much that I wasn't able to hang out, it's that I gave up my night to do nothing because they couldn't even think of me long enough to send me a text.

I've always gone with "My first plan is my plan for the night". No matter how much fun a party seems, unless it's my best friend's birthday bash I'm not going when I already had a "board game" night planned with a different group. It's just how I roll. But other people don't always feel the same.

One time, I was hanging with 2 girl friends at a mall, (who are still my friends) and we were looking for something to do.
They got a call from a friend about a party... but I wasn't invited.
So they DROPPED ME OFF AT HOME to go to the party.
That was the biggest crap I ever dealt with.

I forgave them for that. Besides that incident, they haven't really wronged me. They are good friends, just had a laps of judgment. But I'll tell you it hurt. Because friendships just mean a TON to me. Idk why they mean so much.

Anyways... sorry for the novel. Loaded question. Good one though.

Point is... ya can't trust women as much as men. But I believe both are necessary for a fulfilling life. Without my friends I wouldn't be who I am today. I'm very thankful to have each and every one of them.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 08-31-2010).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Hey, I started reading the VERY long post above, went to the bathroom, came back, and the poster had erased it!
Tha's no fair!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I started reading the VERY long post above, went to the bathroom, came back, and the poster had erased it!
Tha's no fair!

Sorry!

I didn't want to be quoted before I finished it.

I told my "I have a ton of friends because everyone loves me story" without getting to the BAD part

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
One sign of a good friend is one you can tell anything, and they can tell you anything. They can also tell you what is up if they see you going down a wrong path. Not just a tell you what you wanna hear in order to keep the wheels greased kind of friend. One who actually cares, and if you are likewise back you are a good friend too. One who is who they are around you, and does not put on different faces when differnet people are around.

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Count them on one hand or you are likely fooling yourself. My wife and my buddy Mitchy(and his wife) and my friend Tom... 4....that's about it. Friendship is sticking by you through your mistakes AND your successes. Good luck finding real friends, not too many can lend themselves to that sort of behavior because in the end, its about themselves over you. Loyalty is key, but also the ability to be your confidant. You get more of an idea who your real friends are when you need help to strip a Fiero, or move across town.. they will help you. Everyone else just wants something you can provide, parasites.

And I completely disagree about friendship with women, Bdub. My wife IS my best friend. I trust her farther than anyone on this earth. You'll understand when you finally find your 'one'. Give it time.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Will your friends help you move? Upstairs--in the rain?

Will your best friend help you move a body?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Count them on one hand or you are likely fooling yourself. My wife and my buddy Mitchy(and his wife) and my friend Tom... 4....that's about it. Friendship is sticking by you through your mistakes AND your successes.

Yeah I was thinking I may have 4 including 2 brothers.

So regular friends would be in some sort of trial period where someday you realize, hey.. this is a real good close friend.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Count them on one hand or you are likely fooling yourself. My wife and my buddy Mitchy(and his wife) and my friend Tom... 4....that's about it. Friendship is sticking by you through your mistakes AND your successes. Good luck finding real friends, not too many can lend themselves to that sort of behavior because in the end, its about themselves over you. Loyalty is key, but also the ability to be your confidant. You get more of an idea who your real friends are when you need help to strip a Fiero, or move across town.. they will help you. Everyone else just wants something you can provide, parasites.

And I completely disagree about friendship with women, Bdub. My wife IS my best friend. I trust her farther than anyone on this earth. You'll understand when you finally find your 'one'. Give it time.

Maybe we have different definitions of friend.

In High School when I said I had that many friends, I really did talk to them. They were probably more like acquaintances, but they were close acquaintances.

When I talk about CLOSE friends, I mean people that I hang out with on a regular basis. I'll see them at least 4 times a week as long as we're in the same town.

When I talk about best friends, I mean people that call me every day just to talk. I have two right now. One female one male. The female actually just called me a couple minutes ago to see what I was up to. And I'm 100 miles away.

I believe you on your wife, and when I find that woman I know I will be able to rely on her. I meant more for ONLY platonic friendships, where no romance is involved.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

I believe you on your wife, and when I find that woman I know I will be able to rely on her. I meant more for ONLY platonic friendships, where no romance is involved.

Romance? I told you, I'm MARRIED!

Good luck kiddo, I know there is someone out there who is perfect for ya.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

What does friendship mean to you guys?

My 2 best friends that i hangout with every weekend are my buddys ... there both car buff's like me and we go out driving around sometimes go to the local drag racing track sometimes to the bar others just car meets ... I trust these 2 dudes with my life and we all try to help each other when we need it ... These 2 guys i know what ever trouble I get myself into Charels i know without even looking back is 100% will be right behind me in what ever perdiciment i'v gotten my self into and vice versa if either of them are in trouble ill go into it knowing my friends in the wrong and knowing im going to get my a$$ kicked but i do it because there both like brothers to me. Steve depending on the situation hes there to. These 2 dudes arnt the guys I expect to come bail me out of jail there the 2 guys i know would be sitting in the cell with me. These 2 clowns are my 2 best friend ..

Most guys have friendships like that ... typically around age 10 to 12. Your post seems to describe a pretty immature kind of friendship for a guy of 22, or maybe it's just your way of expressing yourself that's immature.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 09-07-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
My sig.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Will your friends help you move? Upstairs--in the rain?

Will your best friend help you move a body?

Yes, yes and yes.

As it stands I only have 3 true friends, my fiancée, a friend I've had since highschool and a friend I met on here. All others are acquaintances. If I haven't met you IRL, no matter how good of a person you may seem, you're an acquaintance. I don't really count blood family on the friends list, but I do get along with them.... most of the time
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
1, possibly 2. The rest of them are friendly acquaintances. And I only say 1 because I've known him since we were 10. I drug him out of the hell hole apartment and dead end job and moved his ass 250 miles to a better life. He's helped me out many times.

I've taken the position that I don't need many friends. Real friends are hard to come by.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Yes, yes and yes.

As it stands I only have 3 true friends, my fiancée, a friend I've had since highschool and a friend I met on here. All others are acquaintances. If I haven't met you IRL, no matter how good of a person you may seem, you're an acquaintance. I don't really count blood family on the friends list, but I do get along with them.... most of the time

Dang i was thinkin the same thing but the first is now my wife, the second a friend from middle school, and the last a guy from here (twofatguys)
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
What about Tim Hagen? If I had a friend who would arrest someone for me, I would mention it. At least you can spell Tim. Poor Charles. I think when YOU pick a friend, try to find ones who have easy to spell names, preferably one syllable.
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
A friend is someone that will go into town to get a BJ, then bring one back for you....

Seriously, a friend lifts you up and is there when you need them. You can tell who your friends are when you are in need. Associates will find every excuse in the world not to help. A friend will find ways that you didn't ask about to help you.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock