Started on: 08-06-2010 10:06 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-09-2010 01:19 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I marked it as Fun Stuff with a thumbs up to express my frustration and be a bit sarcastic..

So... This time, I have a positive balance... I am 80 miles from the closest branch...

And guess what?! They DEACTIVATE my Visa/Check card..

Apparently, some merchant back at the beginning of JULY reported a data loss that included Visa card numbers.
Guess who's was among them?

So, the bank issues a new card, sending to my address on file with a postage date of July 9th... It is sent to my current address, except for one minor detail. The three times I have tried to add my apartment number to the address on their website have failed.
The USPS won't deliver a card if there is any question about where it goes, even though the mailbox clearly has my name on it on the side of the road.

They send no other form of notification, no phone call, no letter to explain what happened.
They just deactivate my card today. Fortunately it worked for pulling rent yesterday and the day prior.

Anyway. I call the bank this morning when my card was declined for a small purchase at the local corner store. I am told the card is deactivated due to being reported lost or stolen, and to call Visa. I call Visa. They have no file on record for me for the card being reported lost or stolen, and tell me the card is fine, contact the bank.
I call the bank back, and it takes three different people before I finally get the answer about the merchant data loss.

So, since the card is deactivated, the bank shows no cards on file for the account. Which means a replacement can not be requested by phone.
This means I now have to visit the local branch... 80 miles away. And request it in person, which can take 3-5 business days before it even gets mailed to me. I have no check book. I never ordered replacement check cause I never use them, and my tank is empty. I was planning on filling up after work today for the weekend.

WOW Life sucks sometimes.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
When you go to the bank, close the account
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

When you go to the bank, close the account

I can't, yet. I have direct deposit. I need to open a new account first, and get direct deposit set up to make the funds available there. Several weeks.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

They send no other form of notification, no phone call, no letter to explain what happened.

Thats lame!

As for needing gas and no funds available, I used to have a 1990 grand am, I stashed a $20 in some empty space under the pad between the horn buttons on teh steering wheel. If I ever used it in an emergency I tried to replace it again so it was ready.

Hers hoping things go easier for ya soon!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-06-2010).]

fierogal123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
That sucks. We usually just cash checks and hold the money safely away from the bank. We've had so many issues with banks it's unbelievable. We only deposit to pay large bills. It fixed most of our issues.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
What happened to the old days where they issued you your card right then and there at the bank?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Go to the closet branch and use a blank counter check and fill out your info and cash it. Any bank officer can help you get your money with out your card.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I know there has to be some form of a credit union in Menomonie, so I would say that's your first step to alleviating your bank problems. Get an account there and change your direct deposit ASAP.

Now about your check card, the bright side is that the merchant's data loss didn't result in someone using your card to make fradulent purchases and put your account in the negative. The runaround that would have entailed from that would have been much more of a hassle.

Oh, and the bit about no notification, was that because your address wasn't updated? Sorry but that's one of my biggest pet peeves with the customers that I deal with. If they don't have a working telephone number or up-to-date address, how the heck am I supposed to help them when something goes awry? Not trying to go at you personally because it sounds like your bank (TCF IIRC from your last bank post) needs to get thier sh!t together with their website. But when it comes down to it, face-to-face conversations get the most accomplished, and that's hard when they're 80 miles away.

Good Luck though!
ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Direct Link to This Post
We bank at BB&T and they make you the cards on the spot and they work instantly. Might want to change banks.

L8r,

Kevin
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Get ready for all the new fees and charges that went into effect last month.
http://www.rgj.com/article/...sides-overdraft-fees
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Get ready for all the new fees and charges that went into effect last month.
http://www.rgj.com/article/...sides-overdraft-fees

yeah, I heard about 'em... Everyone should check out this link. IMPORTANT STUFF.

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Ok! So, I ended up selling my Wii. Drove to the Twin Cities yesterday. Put all but a little bit of the cash in the bank to cover anything that is supposed to come out during the beginning of this week. Ordered a new card. 7-10 business days?! Wait a sec. I needed this card on Friday, and had to bum gas off of the caretaker who lives next door to get over here so you could fix your own screw up. Fine, I'll live with it. I will be closing the account as soon as I get a CU account open locally and switch my direct deposit over.

So, with 40 bucks in my pocket, the rest in the bank, I get home, go to pay the caretaker back for the gas loan. She hands me my water bill... The DISCONNECT notice for my water bill. Which is not in my name as the water is in the landlord's name C/O the tenant...

GREAT! You couldn't have handed that to me this morning before I went to the bank so I can hang onto the cash and make the payment on Monday? Now I won't have the funds on hand to cover the water bill which gets disconnected on Thursday. I have the money in the bank, but can't do anything with it until I get my card.

FML...
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
another reason I wont use direct deposit or automatic payments. Bank give me hassles, I just go take out all my money and move it to another bank. Thats my company accounts and personal accounts including my retirement money. I have had to do that once with one bank, and they begged me to come back and I told them to get screwed.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock