Started on: 07-29-2010 12:21 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Nurb432 on 07-29-2010 01:35 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I found it in this video:

An assault rifle is one that fires a bullet in between a pistol and rifle.

Examples:
M16 fires 5.56 x 45mm smaller caliber than a rifle round.
AK47 7.62 X 39mm has a shorter cartrage than a rifle round.

Full sized rifles are referred to as "battle rifles". Example: M14 7.62 x 51mm

The politicians definition of "assault" rifle is whatever looks scary.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I can (and did) do waaay more damage with an M-14 than with an M-16. People who have never used a 14 have no idea how lethal, accurate, and efficient it is compared to a mattel.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
It doesnt matter how you define "assault rifle". The real reason for this whole classification is so the government can ensure it has the upper hand.The have the better guns therefor they can dominate the battlefield. If you are unarmed or poorly armed you cannot win. We have a 2nd amendment for a reason, to allow us "the people" to be free. it gives us the ability to revolt against the governing body when they get out of control. Nowadays there are so many differant calibers that the original "assault rifle caliber" cannot be used as a defining characteristic. FN makes the P90 and the five seven pistol. They both use the same ammo . The "tommy gun" uses pistol caliber cartridges. The term assault rifle that is applied to modern semi-automatic rifles is just a way to demonize firearms and scare the sheeple. I believe we should be allowed to own whatever firearm we want.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I can (and did) do waaay more damage with an M-14 than with an M-16. People who have never used a 14 have no idea how lethal, accurate, and efficient it is compared to a mattel.

That is true. The M14 and M1 Garand were much more leathal weapons than the M16. In WWII it took 20,000-25,000 rounds to kill one enemy soldier. In Vietnam using M16s it took 200,000-400,000 rounds per enemy soldier killed.

I am shopping around for a 7.62 rifle right now. I am deciding between a AR10 or M1A (civilian M14 equivolent). I am leaning more and more towards the M1A since it is more accurate and it is gas piston actuated.
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-29-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Its not about practical matters, its about creating fear.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT: An assault rifle is one that fires a bullet in between a pistol and rifle.

An assault rifle must also be able to fire in burst or full-auto mode. As such, there are no real assault weapons for sale to the consumer. The only way to get your hands on a real assault weapon is to get the required permit... or become a criminal.

But as usual, the politicians have no freaking clue what they're talking about.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-29-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Its not about practical matters, its about creating fear. They have to start with something, and 'assault rifle' ( mis defined by the press/laws ) is an easy start.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-29-2010 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Blacktree:

An assault rifle must also be able to fire in burst or full-auto mode. As such, there are no real assault weapons for sale to the consumer. The only way to get your hands on a real assault weapon is to get the required permit... or become a criminal.

But as usual, the politicians have no freaking clue what they're talking about.

Depending on your state you can buy a real assault rifle. But i agree, not for the average consumer.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock