Stupid Insurance by LitebulbwithaFiero
Started on: 07-23-2010 02:18 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 07-24-2010 11:14 AM
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Stupid insurance raised there prices again. It is already bad enough that my parents have to pay it, but now all of a sudden it increased by at least 50%. They almost want $1000 every 6 months for the lowest possible liability insurance. I am 20 years old with no accidents or tickets. I would be happy to get down to $600 every 6 months, but I must be dreaming.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
How much??

Something is missing from this story.

Brad
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
$1000 every 6 months.

Nothing missing as far as I know.

Edit: just checked the bill and it is $987 every six months.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 07-23-2010).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
What type of vehicle, and are you sure you have nothing on your record.

Why is it on your parents? Do they have stuff on their record, it will effect you.

My wife was on her Mom's insurance until I showed her that having her own was less expensive. Even if it was the same company. Her Mom does/did/will have tickets, and accidents on her record, and even with my wife's spotless record, the insurance company was holding it against her.

Shop around, it takes nothing but time to look online and see if anything less expensive is out there. I certainly would.

Brad
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Pontiac Fiero, only car I drive. Had it for two years and put 7000 miles on it, so not like I drive a lot either. I am on my own plan, but do not have a job so my parents are nice enough to pay it for me.

I checked out the place where my brother, who has many tickets and accidents, gets his for the price I want to pay, and they still wanted $760. I have to go talk to my insurance lady, I will ask her if there is any thing wrong showing up, it has happened before.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

LitebulbwithaFiero

3378 posts
Member since Jun 2008
I think I found my problem while looking at quotes online. It all has to do with the people in my household. But they don't drive my car, and hardly ride in it. When I answered all the questions on progressive to where it doesn't matter about the people in my house, it came out to about $550 which is below what I said I would like to get.
dn69141

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dn69141Send a Private Message to dn69141Direct Link to This Post
Wow! I have a wreckless driving charge and an accident resulting in over 10k in damage and my insurance is actually a -7.88 a month. The multiple car discount I recieve is greater per every 6 months than the amount I actually pay.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dn69141:

Wow! I have a wreckless driving charge and an accident resulting in over 10k in damage and my insurance is actually a -7.88 a month. The multiple car discount I recieve is greater per every 6 months than the amount I actually pay.

So you are telling me they pay you to have there insurance?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

That's what it looks like.

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

That would be sweet...
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dn69141:

Let me be the first to claim on this one.

To the O.P, you need a job to pay for your own insurance. My children started paying for their own car insurance when they started to drive. They both have had jobs since they were sophomores in high school.

If you DO have a job and you're letting your parents pay for your car insurance, shame on you.

PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

Let me be the first to claim on this one.

To the O.P, you need a job to pay for your own insurance. My children started paying for their own car insurance when they started to drive. They both have had jobs since they were sophomores in high school.

If you DO have a job and you're letting your parents pay for your car insurance, shame on you.

First it is none of your business if my parents pay for it or not really.
Second, I feel bad that my parents pay for it
Third, I didn't get my license and insurance till I got a job. I quit that job to go to college.

Now what does that have to do with how much they are charging me?

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

First it is none of your business if my parents pay for it or not really.
Second, I feel bad that my parents pay for it
Third, I didn't get my license and insurance till I got a job. I quit that job to go to college.

Now what does that have to do with how much they are charging me?

Oops! my bad. It obviously has NOTHING to with how much they charge you, since your parents pay for it.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Where do you get this stupid insurance, I have been calling all over trying to find someone to cover me against stupid people and everyone keeps hanging up on me.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

Oops! my bad. It obviously has NOTHING to with how much they charge you, since your parents pay for it.

Why are attacking me for no good reason?

Te insurance is in my name. I got the insurance when I had the job. They charge me. The bill comes in my name. Yes my parents pay for it and give me hell everyday for it. You do not pay it, so why are you so worried?
dn69141

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dn69141Send a Private Message to dn69141Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

That's what it looks like.

That's what I am telling you! I couldn't believe it either. Really I'm still paying them around $110 a month. I have my 2001 GMC 2500HD fully insured with them, when I put the Fiero on it I got the multiple car discount. That discount is greater than the amount that I actually pay for my Fiero every 6 months. So really I gained from having my Fiero insured... Weird I know. USAA is awesome though. If you are a Veteran I HIGHLY suggest you go there and get quotes on every insurance you have, and look at loans through them. I will never bank anywhere else, no real bank can match them.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Why are attacking me for no good reason?

Te insurance is in my name. I got the insurance when I had the job. They charge me. The bill comes in my name. Yes my parents pay for it and give me hell everyday for it. You do not pay it, so why are you so worried?

Apologies if it appears like an attack. I can't resist. I'm a parent. I worry about other parents. I'm giving you hell just like your parents are doing.

Maybe your parents could read this post and see who they agree with.

Since I'm not typing the words you want to see, I'll leave ya alone from here on with this subject.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
So you are saying my parents are bad parents because they pay my insurance fro me while I go to school? And I must be a spoiled brat or something because I am complaining about the price and am trying to find cheaper insurance for them to buy. Jeez, where did my parents go wrong with me.

You are not making any sense by putting me and my parents down for them paying my auto insurance. If your kids got there cars at 16, I bet you paid for them. You are probably like the rest of the world and paying for your kids text machines too. I can assume that you are a bad parent and are raising bad children too. But we all know what assuming does...
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
Lite, you have a PM.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Pays to not get tickets and get old. My Dodge is full coverage and its $68 for six months...... My daily driver Sebring convert is also full coverage and its $250.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
No tickets yet, and working on the getting older part everyday.
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Working on the getting older part everyday.

LoL.

I search online for insurance. I can understand them wanting to charge you around 100 a month for insurance. How many people are in your household exactly?

Since you are not driving the car very much try placing it on another type of insurance. I believe there are policies for under so many miles a year. Check into antique, and other types to try and save money.

Brad
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Family of 6. But if I have to tell them about my brothers, I am screwed. One lost his license for a while, and the other one is high risk insurance.

Edit: I think I got it figured out. Will edit again what my Progressive quote is.

$486. I think I might go with them.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 07-24-2010).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Family of 6. But if I have to tell them about my brothers, I am screwed. One lost his license for a while, and the other one is high risk insurance.

Edit: I think I got it figured out. Will edit again what my Progressive quote is.

$486. I think I might go with them.

If I remember right, and it has been a long time. They take who else is a licensed driver living in the same house into the variable when you get insurance.

We have Farm bureau.

The more cars we put on the insurance the cheaper it gets. But there is just Melanie and I driving 3 cars so they can only be driven so much. Have spotless records, and are both over 45. And under 65, they start going up at some point as you get up there in age.

My niece in Taxassachusetts pays big bucks for an 03 jeep. So it also depends where you live. She is also over 25, age has a lot to do with cost. Insurance companies spend a lot of money doing research on how old a driver is and those in his/her age group records.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-24-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock