Started on: 07-07-2010 01:57 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 07-10-2010 05:11 PM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Got back into paintball a bit here lately, just bought a 68/3000 HPA tank and 2 guns, a autococker and a BKO.

The BKO is HORRIBLE on air, and shoots like junk when the tank drops under 1200psi... Autococker is untested as of now, but I hope to shoot it later today.

Been playing alot of woodsball with 100% tippman fans, and I hope to fiddle with the BKO on these tippman lovers a bit, and see how they like 13bps raining on them. I have been playing with a borrowed autococker for the last few months, and they are already quite mad at how well that thing shoots. So much so that I play with a gravity hopper (but I still shoot HPA that my friend let me borrow).

I wouldnt mind picking up a spare tank if anyone has one for sale. High pressure 68+/4500+ is the goal.

Here is the cocker I got. I have a video of the BKO ripping it up on facebook, but I dont know how to link it here.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 07-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty sweet, I haven't played in a long time.

Which... if you know anybody that would want to buy a Tippman 98... I've got one that's been collecting dust for a while.

------------------
97 Suzuki GSXF 600
04 Saturn Ion Redline
86 Fiero GT

AIM: phool88fiero

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Just wait til someones 98 or A5 starts raining 30 bps on you... hehe...
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Just wait til someones 98 or A5 starts raining 30 bps on you... hehe...

Have yet to actually see it. I think only 2 have customs, and the other 6-7 have A5s. They are not that fast, 1 guy has a elec frame, and none of them really rip the trigger as hard as I can on the electro.... They just shoot 350+fps...

The 1 guy with the elec frame was annoying me one game.. but the worst part about it was it was electric frame + insane FPS. 3 weeks later now I still have a "bleeding" bruise and pain when I put pressure on the area (got hit on my thigh).

Fixed the BKO a bit today, had some REALLY tiny macro line on it that I upgraded to some bigger stuff. I have that HPR off the cocker still.

Cocker is now setup ready to rock, but the timing is a bit off. Going to do research today on how to tune these things (if anyone wants to jump in feel free)
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 07-07-2010).]

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Nowadays autocockers are only for people who really like to tinker. They aren't actually superior to any other mid-level+ gun. They are actually very outdated. My personal preference is simple and bulletproof, like STBB or Tippmann... My second hand Alpha Black (Wal-Mart/US Army Tippmann 98) with fully upgraded cyclone will do a reliable 33 bps without batteries and scare the pants off people... My buddy's 98C with similar setup does 36 bps. Mine simply won't cycle any faster than 33, but thats still faster than is reasonable.. I also have an old Spyder electro that is upgraded (angel reg, teardrop barrel, assault block, polished internals, rocket valve, all port matched, delrin bolt, titanium striker, etc..) that runs 300 fps at ~270 psi. but I have found that a loud n heavy tippmann is the most fun to play with...
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
My autocockers are basically a closed bolt tippman in my eyes. Its reliable enough and runs on c02 well. I have better barrels availible, quieter, tighter package... and I can shoot it faster than the local's tippmans..

my autococker picture finally came in off my phone.
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
Ive always wondered about these. 1200 to 4500 PSI in those little tanks? Good God, don't have one of those rupture.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

Ive always wondered about these. 1200 to 4500 PSI in those little tanks? Good God, don't have one of those rupture.

Yea, these tanks are instant death if you shoot them or something...

I timed my "knockoff" autococker. Turns out it is just a cheap china autococker... sigh... it has alot of american parts on it though, so I am nto that mad. It shoots decent.
longgonefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longgonefieroSend a Private Message to longgonefieroDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever looked into Airsoft. i currently play on a team in Germany( thats wehere I am stationed normally). Take a look at the team webpage http://rhein-airsoft-force.de. Just seems more realistic to me.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Man, where is PK at?
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I used tyo use cockers but i kept on breaking them. E type markers work so much better for me. Im shooting a bob lonmg alies right now and absoluteley love it. You might wana look into getting a stubby air tank. makes the gun so much more comfertable to use and much easeyer to concele on the playing field. What kind of cocker is that. i sill have my orical and VF tactical.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 07-08-2010).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Nowadays autocockers are only for people who really like to tinker. They aren't actually superior to any other mid-level+ gun. They are actually very outdated. My personal preference is simple and bulletproof, like STBB or Tippmann... My second hand Alpha Black (Wal-Mart/US Army Tippmann 98) with fully upgraded cyclone will do a reliable 33 bps without batteries and scare the pants off people... My buddy's 98C with similar setup does 36 bps. Mine simply won't cycle any faster than 33, but thats still faster than is reasonable.. I also have an old Spyder electro that is upgraded (angel reg, teardrop barrel, assault block, polished internals, rocket valve, all port matched, delrin bolt, titanium striker, etc..) that runs 300 fps at ~270 psi. but I have found that a loud n heavy tippmann is the most fun to play with...

Your first two sentences are right, the rest isn't worth anything. I'm used to it, I work in a paintball store and I know there is no telling some people what they think they know about paintball is junk but since I'm not getting paid to sell you anything I am saying this for your benefit and others reading this.

Right now I've got a G3, my bastardized Spyder(I need to make a set of grips for it after redoing the trigger frame and board) and a DCI Maverick I use for spanking scrubs like pontiackid.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

You might wana look into getting a stubby air tank. makes the gun so much more comfertable to use and much easeyer to concele on the playing field.

Tanks will be different from person to person, you want something that feels right, but you also need something that lets you tuck your elbow in when snap shooting. Its also good to go with the smallest tank you can get away with, if a 45/45 will shoot all the paint you carry in your hopper and pod pack then as long as you can tuck your elbow and be comfortable with it there is no reason for a bigger tank, this rule does not apply to people who do not play at a pb field and have all day air.

DH would you be interested in selling that torpedo? I could also trade you a dye hyper II reg for it.

Anyone try the new 50cal yet? My boss went to D day, picked up a 50cal gun and shot it the last few days of the event. He liked it so much he bought some for rentals at our field.
When I tested it, worked better than I expected and I see it making big changes in the price and popularity of paintball if the people trying to push it can make it catch on.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 07-09-2010).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
a DCI Maverick I use for spanking scrubs like pontiackid.

Wonder how long til this thread begins to spiral down into the trash can

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock