Started on: 06-19-2010 11:30 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: User00013170 on 06-21-2010 02:04 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Being the founder of www.westcoastfieros.com I archive ALL of the local club stuff on my personal PC, I've got pics and video's from runs that happened 10+ years ago. I also am a torrent whore. Downloading almost 2 gig a day on average. (yesterday I downloaded 40 gig of shows for someone) So data storage and backup is a pretty big deal to me. With my new drives and networked local server drives. I now have a whopping 5.07 TBs of storage. (5100 gig)
Now for the torrent question, has anyone found a good source for "Car Guy" torrents. Specifically Stacey Davis Gears. Also looking for various car guy shows like Trucks, Hot Rod TV, Horsepower TV, all the NHRA Video's and the NHRA Games, even the NIRA Game which is awesome but have not found an updated version since windows 98. If you have got any of this stuff, I'd love to find out where you found it.

Here is the is my drive info.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I would love to know where to get the torrents too. You can watch powerblock online and some GEARS are found on youtube but its not as nice.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I'm assuming you have a demonoid account? I searched there for gearz, came up pretty much empty. I also searched monova.org bubkis there too. IDK about the NHRA stuff though I only searched for gearz.

[This message has been edited by Darth88Formula (edited 06-20-2010).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

I'm assuming you have a demonoid account? I searched there for gearz, came up pretty much empty. I also searched monova.org bubkis there too. IDK about the NHRA stuff though I only searched for gearz.

While not torrent, don't forget things like Emule.

@ 2gb a day, my ISP ( comcast ) would shoot me at this point.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
@Turboguy327 A lot of those View it Online sites don't work because I am in Canada and have not found an IP re-direct that works for me. Youtube would kinda work, but ya your right its just not the same.

@Darth, I got accounts at Leechers Lair, Demonoid, TorrentDay, Torrentbully and use Piratebay. All have came of zip.

@Nurb, I have tried limewire and came up empty as well. My package with my ISP allows for 100gb per month, however I have gone up to 500gb in a month and they have not said anything. I think its because we have such a huge account with them. Phone, Cable and Internet. Comes to $350 a month for our package because we have nearly their highest tiers in each package. Our net package is 15mb home cable line with 100gb per month allowed.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

@Turboguy327 A lot of those View it Online sites don't work because I am in Canada and have not found an IP re-direct that works for me. Youtube would kinda work, but ya your right its just not the same.

@Darth, I got accounts at Leechers Lair, Demonoid, TorrentDay, Torrentbully and use Piratebay. All have came of zip.

@Nurb, I have tried limewire and came up empty as well. My package with my ISP allows for 100gb per month, however I have gone up to 500gb in a month and they have not said anything. I think its because we have such a huge account with them. Phone, Cable and Internet. Comes to $350 a month for our package because we have nearly their highest tiers in each package. Our net package is 15mb home cable line with 100gb per month allowed.

Just an fyi: limewire != eMule. They are different networks. 1 is running on gnutella, the other is ed2k/kad. I have had zero luck myself with gnutella clients.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Extortion. $40 15Mbps unlimited. Hell I have used over 50GB with my cellular carrier in a month too.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Extortion. $40 15Mbps unlimited. Hell I have used over 50GB with my cellular carrier in a month too.

Mine was unlimited too, until i used too much and got 'the letter' asking me to tone it down.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

The cable bill is the majority of it. $200 then $50 for the Internet and $50 for the phone. However we have HD Digital, over 200 channels, plus double phone lines 2 phone numbers with unlimited international calling. Then add taxes and fee's and you get the $350 bill. We could shave it down to about $100 for everything if we went for basic services.

------------------

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Mine was unlimited too, until i used too much and got 'the letter' asking me to tone it down.

I don't think I will be receiving a letter. I used 172GB in transfers from my news service alone last month. Plus my surfing and pron habits.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
not sure iof this is what you are looking for:
www.streetfire.net

PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-21-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

I don't think I will be receiving a letter. I used 172GB in transfers from my news service alone last month. Plus my surfing and pron habits.

Comcast's 'limit' around here is 250GB, so i think you are safe. They may not like you, but the letters dont start until 250-ish
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

not sure iof this is what you are looking for:
www.streetfire.net

Although that was not what I was looking for, I did end up spending 90mins watching Gearz Videos on my PC. Now I just need to find a program that can rip from streetfire and save it to my PC.

Thank You.

------------------

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Although that was not what I was looking for, I did end up spending 90mins watching Gearz Videos on my PC. Now I just need to find a program that can rip from streetfire and save it to my PC.

Thank You.

I use 'downloadhelper' plugin for firefox.

EDIT: A quick test looks like that will work on that site.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 06-21-2010).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Thank You.

It appears to be Adobe Flash video (.flv). Here's a link to a search of flash rippers:

http://www.google.com/searc...86d8KAAAAqgQFT9A6gQ0

I use Appian FLV viewer
http://www.applian.com/flvplayer/

Has "replay media center" for capture on that site. I think the trial is very limited, so you'd have to pay for it to work right.

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

While not torrent, don't forget things like Emule.

@ 2gb a day, my ISP ( comcast ) would shoot me at this point.

Nah, you're fine.

I have the 30mb/s down and 10mb/s up plan from comcast, and regularly use over 200GB/month, once hitting 450. Haven't gotten the letter yet.. Their "official" line is 250/month, and they have a little meter on their site where you can see how much you've used, but I think they pick off the top 5-10 users per market and do it that way.

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-21-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Nah, you're fine.

I have the 30mb/s down and 10mb/s up plan from comcast, and regularly use over 200GB/month, once hitting 450. Haven't gotten the letter yet.. Their "official" line is 250/month, and they have a little meter on their site where you can see how much you've used, but I think they pick off the top 5-10 users per market and do it that way.

Got a link to that? Last time i asked about finding out what they thought i was using i was told to take a flying leap. My router tracks, but im curious what they think is going on too ( like for a DoS attack.. i don't think i log dropped packets )

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock