Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Is Barbara Boxer out of touch with reality?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Is Barbara Boxer out of touch with reality? by avengador1
Started on: 06-17-2010 10:01 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Toddster on 06-17-2010 02:34 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
http://www.foxnews.com/poli...conflict-questioned/
Boxer Declares Climate Change as the Greatest Threat, But Opponents Slam Theory

Terrorism. Nuclear weapons. Corrupt and oppressive regimes.

Sen. Barbara Boxer said last week that climate change -- not any of that other stuff -- will stand as the "leading cause of conflict" over the next two decades.

This is an obvious scare tactic to try and get Cap & Trade legislation passed and is pure pull crap.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
avengador1,

Thanks so much for finding and posting this article. I have a friend who also beleives is global warming. Rather than argue over the tenets of why some meterologists argue for global warming, I simply ask if you also beleive in 'global earthquakes'? Or, I ask if he heard about 'global salting' of the oceans? When I ask him to explain these theories, he babbles and wants to see proof. I say fine, you show me proof of global warming and I will show you proof of these other theories. Argument closed!!!

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 06-17-2010).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
We have a very nice thread on global warming that has been quiet for a while now. Maybe it's time to bump it up again.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/057033.html
It's all part of a big scam to help pass legislation that would tax us more by scaring the sheeple.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 06-17-2010).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Global Warming is not a scam, it's a cult religion. The movement has all the elements needed to be an establish cult.

You cannot convience a Chirstian that Jesus is not the son of god, so you cannot convience a global warmist that their crusade is fruitless.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Global Warming is not a scam, it's a cult religion. The movement has all the elements needed to be an establish cult.

You cannot convience a Chirstian that Jesus is not the son of god, so you cannot convience a global warmist that their crusade is fruitless.

Not to get too off topic Wichita, but the religious angle is not far off from the truth. The same can be said of Muslim terrorists. Rather than live in peace with their Alah, they would rather murder the inocent as proof of their self adolation.
Global warming has their own Alah in Al Gore. Fortunately, they won't kill others to demonstrate how soon we will all die if we do not listen to them and/or give them all our money

Cordially,
Kevin
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Not to get too off topic Wichita, but the religious angle is not far off from the truth. The same can be said of Muslim terrorists. Rather than live in peace with their Alah, they would rather murder the inocent as proof of their self adolation.
Global warming has their own Alah in Al Gore. Fortunately, they won't kill others to demonstrate how soon we will all die if we do not listen to them and/or give them all our money

Cordially,
Kevin

Al Gore, in his book Earth in the Balance, expounds on this view:

"The richness and diversity of our religious tradition throughout history is a spiritual resource long ignored by people of faith, who are often afraid to open their minds to teachings first offered outside their own systems of belief. But the emergence of a civilization in which knowledge moves freely and almost instantaneously through the world has spurred a renewed investigation of the wisdom distilled by all faiths. This panreligious perspective may prove especially important where our global civilization's responsibility for the earth is concerned." (pp. 258-259)

Gore praises the Eastern religions and new age spiritualism, while blaming Christianity for the elimination of the ancient goddess religion, and calls for a new spiritual relationship between man and earth.

"The spiritual sense of our place in nature predates Native American cultures; increasingly it can be traced to the origins of human civilization. A growing number of anthropologists and archaeomythologists, such as Marija Gimbutas and Riane Esler argue that the prevailing ideology of belief in prehistoric Europe and much of the world was based on the worship of a single earth goddess, who was assumed to be the fount of all life and who radiated harmony among all living things. Much of the evidence for the existence of this primitive religion comes from the many thousands of artifacts uncovered in ceremonial sites. These sites are so widespread that they seem to confirm the notion that a goddess religion was ubiquitous through much of the world until the antecedents of today's religions, most of which still have a distinctly masculine orientation...swept out of India and the Near East, almost obliterating belief in the goddess. The last vestige of organized goddess worship was eliminated by Christianity as late as the fifteenth century in Lithuania."

Gore also might want to read Romans 1:18 - 25:

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the creator - who is forever praised. Amen.

When men began to worship the creation instead of the Creator, the wrath of God was revealed. As societies begin again to turn from the truth of the creation and worship nature, "Mother Earth", or any other deceiving spirit, the evil and deception in their new religion will be made evident by God's response.

Romans 1:26 - 32

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

emphasis added

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 06-17-2010).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
We cannot compare Allah and Al Gore.

Allah actually sounds like a believeable concept.

The last vestige of organized goddess worship was eliminated by Christianity as late as the fifteenth century in Lithuania."

Not quite: Wiccans believe in a God and a Goddess.

As for the thread, Yes, Boxer is out of touch with reality as the puppetmaster tells her to prepare the masses for "Cap and Trade" to pass.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 06-17-2010).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

We cannot compare Allah and Al Gore.

Allah actually sounds like a believeable concept.

Not quite: Wiccans believe in a God and a Goddess.

As for the thread, Yes, Boxer is out of touch with reality as the puppetmaster tells her to prepare the masses for "Cap and Trade" to pass.

The thread title, "Is Barbara Boxer out of touch with reality?" is demonstrated quite clearly by the biblical text.

She thinks global warming is "leading cause of conflict", when she shows no concern over the life styles and effects of such as lived by those of the 'mother earth worshipers'.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry, she will be out of a job soon.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock