fiero tattoo by lutraphobic
Started on: 04-20-2010 10:51 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: lutraphobic on 04-21-2010 10:23 PM
lutraphobic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lutraphobicSend a Private Message to lutraphobicDirect Link to This Post
im thinking about getting my first tattoo and the reason itll be my first is cus i havent found anything that i like so much as to get it permenatly put on my body. so i was thinking a fiero symbol with the pegisus and like the name fiero under it. what do you guys think totally gay or cool? i was thinking about putting it on my arm. the only thing im really worried about is the tatto place putting a unicorn instead of a pegisus and then i would have to kill some one.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... that'd be bad.

I've never been much a fan of getting your car tattooed... but then again, I don't have any, so who am I to comment?

Just remember that when you're 80 you'll have to explain your tattoo to your grand kids. So I'd recommend getting a picture of the car tattooed on the opposite arm
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure if you give a picture of the fiero emblem to a good tattoo artist, they should be able to "spruce" it up a bit and maybe at a bit of personality to it. just an idea.
lutraphobic

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lutraphobicSend a Private Message to lutraphobicDirect Link to This Post
ahh ya i see but then id have to get a road tattoped going from one arm to the other like a big snake tattoo.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Once you've gotten a tattoo, it's pretty much there for life. You'd better be 100% sure that's what you want, because you're stuck with it. That being said, as much as I like my Fiero, there's no way in H3ll that I'd get a Fiero logo tattoo. But then, that's just MY opinion, and only applies to me. There are several people here on the Forum who do have one, and seem to like it. Of course, most of them are still fairly young, and haven't lived with it all that long. I'm not against tattoos, but I've just never seen the draw of getting a car, or a logo, tattoo'ed on your body...I can think of much better things, if it's something I've got to live with for the rest of my life.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post
And I'd get it all over again... Granted I don't have my Fiero any more (will be getting another) its nice to have a reminder of something your poured all your minimum wage checks into for 2 years of your life.

------------------

lutraphobic

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lutraphobicSend a Private Message to lutraphobicDirect Link to This Post
holy crap dude i love it that is awesome...id steal it if i didnt think that it would be wrong. wow now im really getting thrust into it i just have to get something original
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ive had my corvette logo for five years now I love it and well so does everyone that has seen it, if your going to do the emblem get a wrap with it, it makes it seem more apart of a overall theme and remeber the golden rule: when and if u get it, you only need to be happy with yourself everyone can have an opinion but the only one that counts is your own.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

And I'd get it all over again... Granted I don't have my Fiero any more (will be getting another) its nice to have a reminder of something your poured all your minimum wage checks into for 2 years of your life.

<snip>

Who did that work? The shading and color work is awesome! Is that from the shop in Omaha I hear so much about?

Last one I got done was from Smokin Joes here in G.I., and turned out great, but needs a bit of touch up from healing since I don't take ink well in certain areas...

As for the OP: Get something that has meaning to you and you won't regret getting in 20+ years. Best advice I have (coming from experience, since I have 5 and more to come). Also choose your shop wisely. Take the time to look THOROUGHLY at the artist's work (actual photos of stuff he/she has done), and take the opportunity if the artist will let you to watch while they do a tattoo on someone else. Go to different shops asking for prices on whatever it may be that you want. Word of advice though, just because it is cheap doesn't always mean its going to turn out bad. I have work from 4 different artists on my body, and 2 of them were terrible. Oddly enough, I paid more for those 2 tattoos than I have for any other one that I've gotten over the years.

Also be mindful of the design you want. Not everything you find can be done exactly like you want it (and the artist, if he/she is good, should explain this and be able to compensate/alter the design somehow and compromise with you on colors, etc). Also take into consideration what field of work you are planning to be in for a career, as this will very much determine whether or not you need something that can be covered up with clothing (VERY important if you plan on going into the medical field or the like). I made that mistake with 2 of mine, and now have to wear long sleeve shirts IF I get into certain fields of work.

Lastly, AFTERCARE IS KEY! Many shops will tell you many different things (as will anyone else with tattoos). I recommend using a thin A&D ointment 4 times daily and keep it covered with a nonstick gauze pad and medical tape for the first 7 days. Most shops (at least that I've been to) recommend A&D ointment. DO NOT use Neosporin, as it will pull the ink out. I also highly suggest against using Tattoo Goo or any of those kinds of products, as my experience has been bad (works like neosporin and pulls ink, and leaves what looks like a chemical burn in my experience). Do NOT under any circumstances peel the skin off that will inevitably be there. Just keep putting a light coat of A&D on. Before you use ointment though, make sure you wash the area lightly with soap and luke warm water, and pat it dry thoroughly. Any good shop will explain aftercare instructions to you before and after getting the work done.

There's more I can probably tell you but I'm half awake at the moment. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

lutraphobic

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lutraphobicSend a Private Message to lutraphobicDirect Link to This Post
ok cool thats really why i havent gotton one yet cus its not that there havent been things that i have thought would been cool like the gears of war logo i just havent found anything that means something to me and i truely love fieros so i figured it would be something nice to have. ill think it over and find some good designs and see what i can come up with
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
The general rule of thumb is to come up with a design, and then sit on it for a year. If you decide you still like it and want it a year from now, then go for it.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
One must consider what that Tat will look like in 40 or 50 years. If you like a wrinkled up, saggy Pegagus, go for it.

My attitude towards tattos is simple, it has to mean something special, very special to permanently put it on your body.

I've seen quite a few that to me resemble graffiti and look pretty stupid but, that's just my opinion and doesn't mean squat to those decorating their bodies.

I have a tatto, it marks one of the most important and proudest achievements of my life. It's small and hidden from public view unless I want it to show.

Made that decision way back in the days of Custer, well almost. But, I'd do it again. Other than the birth of my children, there hasn't been anything else that significant.

One must make the decision on it own merits and not do it because it's the cool thing to do. I work with a lady that got a tatto in her youth. It does show some but, she trys to keep it covered. I asked her once if she would do it again. The answer was a definitive NO. To each their own but, no matter which way you go, it's a permanent decision.

Ron
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I'm probably not the right person to give advice on this, but I really don't think most tattoos are a good idea. It really depends on what it is you plan on doing with your life.

When I was a teenager, I was seriously considering getting a tattoo of the four heads of the Metallica members. I really liked Metallica and I thought it would be soo cool. So, not only have they changed bassists since... but they totally suck now too. I'm 32 years old, and a professional in Fort Lauderdale. How ridiculously stupid would I look having a Metallica tattoo on my body? (no offense to anyone here who has one).

I don't have any tattoos.

I understand why a lot of people get them... they want to feel like they belong to something, they want to feel like they are apart of something.

The Fiero is just a car... it's not about the car, it's about your experiences with it. I'd be saying the same thing even if this was a Ferrari forum. About the only guy who really should have a Ferrari tattoo would be Michael Schumacher, and how stupid would he feel now that he's back in Formula-1 and drives for a different team?

I really think if you're going to get a tattoo... it has to be something REAL... not a tattoo about some consumer product. For example... people who have been in the military. They share REAL experiences with their brethren in the military, and possibly in battle. Getting a tattoo like the Navy or Marines emblem is very symbolic...

But even as much as I personally like Pontiac, I just can't imagine putting a Pontiac emblem on my body. (no offense to anyone else, just not my thing).

You know, we're all different, and we all have different views on what's proper or not... it's really a decision you have to make totally on your own.

All I can say is just think REALLY hard about doing this. How do you think you're going to feel in 10, 15, 20 years? In 20 years, will you still have your Fiero? Will it mean as much to you then as it does now?

I still have my Fiero, and I'll never sell it, but now that I've been married for a few years, I have a daughter, career goals... the Fiero doesn't mean to me what it did back then.

EDIT: My wife has a tattoo. She went to the University of Florida. She has a small blue and orange daisy tattoo on the small of her back. I guess that's where all the girls were getting them back in the late 90s. It's a little silly... hahah, but whatever. I guess I can KIND of understand that since she's really proud of her school. Not exactly like being part of the armed forces... but... I dunno. To each his own.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-21-2010).]

shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
I have several tattoos including my whole back done. None of my tattoos mean anything to me, except that I thought of them myself. I have no regrets when it comes to "doing over again." People always say that I can't enjoy my back piece and that it will fade and look ugly in the future. That's why I took a picture of it and sent it out to be made into a poster that's framed on my wall.

I don't see a big deal in choosing a tattoo (but I grew up with brothers that are heavily tattooed) but be prepared to live with it and hear opinions from others.

Shawn
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
My wife has a tattoo. She went to the University of Florida. She has a small blue and orange daisy tattoo on the small of her back. I guess that's where all the girls were getting them back in the late 90s. It's a little silly... hahah, but whatever. I guess I can KIND of understand that since she's really proud of her school. Not exactly like being part of the armed forces... but... I dunno. To each his own.

University of Florida Daisies? Nope, not going to go there.

Ron
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

University of Florida Daisies? Nope, not going to go there.

Ron

Hah... yeah... I'm not from UF, so you can say what you want... hehe.

She has a cuban friend who has a MASSIVE gator logo going across her right thigh. When she's wearing a bathing suit, you can see the ENTIRE thing. It's probably like 10"s across. It wraps across the front and rear of her thigh.

Her other friends also got Gator tatoos in various places...

------------------
Todd,

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hah... yeah... I'm not from UF, so you can say what you want... hehe.

She has a cuban friend who has a MASSIVE gator logo going across her right thigh. When she's wearing a bathing suit, you can see the ENTIRE thing. It's probably like 10"s across. It wraps across the front and rear of her thigh.

Her other friends also got Gator tatoos in various places...

Pictures my friend, such stories require authenticated pictures.

Ron
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Pictures my friend, such stories require authenticated pictures.

Ron

Hahah... don't have any pictures.

------------------
Todd,

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
i have my name on my right arm (drunken night forgot my own name, seriously! did it myself)
Then i have this...

I'm still looking for the right fiero tag to do on my left arm. I like wiccantoy's hood one but i can't seem to find a good shot of it. then i'll add something to it. undead Pegasus is the idea. Once i do find what i'm looking for i'm getting it.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
I'd go for small and subtle.

The 5 olympic rings, with something like "vancouver 2010" written underneath might fit an olympic athlete. With the whole tattoo measuring maybe 3 inches across.

On the thigh or something that's not obvious unless you're wearing a speedo and you don't mind showing it.

Or the name of a child...
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
the one i'm looking forward to getting is something like this...

just waiting approval from Wiccantoy. i want to modify it a little bit but not much.
(don't like using somebody else designs without asking)
PFF
System Bot
lutraphobic

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lutraphobicSend a Private Message to lutraphobicDirect Link to This Post
thats cool as hell <--what a contradiction huh? but neat none the less

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock