Motorcycle = 0, Steven = 1 by ALLTRBO
Started on: 04-06-2010 05:41 AM
Replies: 49
Last post by: ALLTRBO on 04-17-2010 12:12 AM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
If anyone was wondering... It really hurts to have a 450lb motorcycle flip up into the air and land on top of you then trap you underneath it until you can push it off of you, then have your leather jacket catch on it and nearly suffocate you from holding its balanced weight (on its side) with your neck and chest so that you can't breathe, just until you can finally unzip your jacket enough to get some air, then have the catalytic-converters melt the plastic logo on the back of said jacket (and nearly your neck too), all while generous motorist bystanders are staring at you trying to help (by staring) but not understanding what's going on...

Oh, then when you finally painfully free yourself from the jacket with the help of a very nice gentleman who finally gets it, your vision, hearing, and reality starts to black out right before you 'gently' pull off your helmet as more people are arriving and dialing 911.

After a very bumpy ambulance ride to a 9-hour vision-and-reality-coming-back sleepless night hospital stay, they finally unstrap your body from the solid 'body board' that hurts nearly as bad as the severe bruises, slight scratches, and over-stretched muscles and the worst painful soreness off your life when they finally get the CT scan results sent back from outside of the hospital and the extra X-rays required from the partly missing CT scan results, then you're sent on your way to excruciatingly but victoriously limp out of the hospital with a diagnosis that you're still in one piece, and with your AWESOME wife who rushed to the hospital to stay by your side the whole time, who then wears your mangled gear while carrying the rest of her things to the car because you can't lift a thing (and barely yourself)
Well, that's just in case you were wondering.

...and I was going slow.

I am a damn lucky man. And a severely sore one. And I think I'm done.

You hear it all the time, but I guess it's my turn to tell you again... Tell your loved ones you love them as often as possible, and if you ride, ride safely and wear ALL your gear, ALL the time. It just might save your life when 450 pounds of metal lands on your head. The jacket also did more good than bad, despite the insane circumstances that led it to leash me onto the bike.
Oh, and don't ride when you're stressed, tired and fuzzy in the head, even if it's your only running vehicle to get you to work and back (anyone want to volunteer to help fix one of my 4-wheeled vehicles this weekend if I can move by then? I've still got bills to pay).

Pics to come, if I can find out what they did with my hunk of torn and broken-front-wheel'd Candy Plasma Blue use-ta-be motorcycle, and pics to come of all of my beaten up head-to-toe gear.

And if you read all of that and understood it, a + to you.

-Steven

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
the whole 450lb bike is your problem. Ive laid my bike down a couple times on the street. Worst one was when i looped out in 5th (broken ribs feel great).
This is what you need.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view..
Glad your alive!
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well now you are in the majority.
The bunch of us who have had accidents on their bikes.

Glad you are alive and still kicking.

Any accident on a bike you can walk away from is not bad.

Anyone you live through is minor.

It is great to have a wife who cares about you, those of us who do are a lucky bunch.

Now about the bike?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-06-2010).]

pontiacman63383

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacman63383Send a Private Message to pontiacman63383Direct Link to This Post
You wrecked the 10? That sucks man but at least your ok. Yes agatt is the best way to ride, glad to hear you did not get mesed up to bad. You know if ya want i could take that bike of your hands....just saying lol
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks for good wishes. I appreciate 'em. I hurt like hell, even with 4 Darvocets.

Sorry to keep hangin', I'm trying to find out where the bike is, no one seems to know. Haven't slept a wink in 28 hours.
More explanation later

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

If anyone was wondering... It really hurts to have a 450lb motorcycle flip up into the air and land on top of you then trap you underneath it until you can push it off of you, then have your leather jacket catch on it and nearly suffocate you from holding its balanced weight (on its side) with your neck and chest so that you can't breathe, just until you can finally unzip your jacket enough to get some air, then have the catalytic-converters melt the plastic logo on the back of said jacket (and nearly your neck too), all while generous motorist bystanders are staring at you trying to help (by staring) but not understanding what's going on...

I always wondered about that.
Untill it happened to me.
3 times.

You never really get used to it.
Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post
I had to do a panic stop last fall and hit the brakes too hard and did an endo. While I was sliding along the pavement the back end of my bike landed on my right foot pretty much breaking the entire thing. I will second that you should always wear all your gear. It was a really nice night and I was just wearing a t-shirt, not my jacket like I normally do. The asphalt turned the bottoms of my arms into hamburger. What's weird was I didn't know how badly I was hurt. So I got up, limped over to the bike to stand it up and shut off the engine. Then limped over to retrieve my shoe (wearing sneakers not my boots) where it was thrown after being riped off my foot...and then rode home.
My helmet did not get a scratch.
Just last Saturday I finished getting the new handlebars mounted and enough parts to make it ride-able again and spent the rest of the day hitting the back roads. Patch yourself up, put your bike back together, and get back out there. The riding season's just started.

[This message has been edited by Chump (edited 04-06-2010).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Bummer about the accident. I'm glad that you survived. I have a suspision that you will find more injuries as your body heals.

I hope you recover well.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Motorcycle = 0, Steven = 1

Motorcycle = 1, Steven = 0 is more like it. Glad to hear that you are sorta ok. Well wishes for speedy recovery.

If anyone was wondering... It really hurts to have a 450lb motorcycle flip up into the air and land on top of you ...and I was going slow (about 25mph).
I think I'm done.

Get back on that steel horse.
So, you weren't stressed, fuzzy headed, tired, and going slow. Motorcycles don't just flip up into the air and come crashing down on people. Matter of fact, it is dang hard to get one to do it period. What happened ?
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
let me just say, stuff happens, some time it's the riders falt and sometime it is not.good to here you are fine, the bike can allways be fixed or replaced. i have been riding since i have been 14 yrs. old and i just turned 54. i had to give up rideing because of my back. i have falen twice in my day. stuff happens, my last motorcycle i put 58,000 miles on a 1996 kaw. 800 vulcan clasic. verry important to have a good jacket on. i lfriend was going it the twisties in n.c., i gave him my jacket w/armour, he crashed and it saved his shoulder.when you ride the mind can never rest because stuff happens.be safe brother.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I have a good friend who is the only person I know to have survived going to sleep on his BMW ... in Colorado ... on a mountain highway. My friend recovered and many years later he still rides an R100RS, but his previous bike didn't survive the accident.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks again/still everyone.

Originally posted by Chump:
I had to do a panic stop last fall and hit the brakes too hard and did an endo.

I did similar... at least as far as the (front)-brake-too-hard goes. (hang on, hang on...)

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
I have a suspision that you will find more injuries as your body heals.

I agree that I might. After I posted this thread I found that I actually did get burned a bit on my right shoulder blade, it's blistered up and such, but only a small area, maybe 2" x 1/2".

Originally posted by cliffw:
Motorcycle = 0, Steven = 1

Motorcycle = 1, Steven = 0 is more like it.

1 = alive
0 = dead
Steven = 1, Motorcycle = 0

Originally posted by cliffw:
So, you weren't stressed, fuzzy headed, tired, and going slow. Motorcycles don't just flip up into the air and come crashing down on people. Matter of fact, it is dang hard to get one to do it period.

Funny, I don't recall seeing you in the helmet with me.

I have no reason to lie, I'm not trying to save face. I openly admit that this was no one else's fault.
I was stressed, fuzzy headed, tired, and going (well you got me there, speed is relative) slow. To me, slow is 0-25mph. And I can't pinpoint the exact speed since I wasn't staring at the speedometer, but I know the bike, and the turn, well enough.

I thought exactly the same thing, once I could think. How in the hell did this thing land on me when I went down going so slow? Well, just so happens that all night in the torture chamber gave me lots of time to run it over and over again in my head (it wouldn't stop), as well as time to explain every little detail to my wife. I remember the whole thing from my perspective as it happened (started blacking out after, as previously mentioned). And here's how it went...

There's a relatively small-diameter one lane three-way roundabout that a moderately-used two lane road (one lane each way) goes through, connecting it to a subdivision. There's a grassy area in the middle surrounded by a full-size curb (6" maybe?), then laid with brick on the outside of that about 3-4 feet wide which is raised slightly above the surrounding blacktop road, which is then enclosed by another full size curb. It's new within the last year so it's pretty smooth, though it is a mild off-camber turn.

I was headed down that road, approached the roundabout that I've taken dozens of times before, slowed down a good bit before turning (of course), and it just didn't feel right when I started to go into the roundabout. I didn't turn out enough at first, got nervous about my tires heading toward the laid-brick area, and slightly over corrected back to the right, which headed me straight for the outside curb shortly before it opens up into the rest of the through-road.

Realizing I was heading straight toward the curb, I hit the no-no survival reaction of pulling the front brake too hard (dangit, I know better!). This was accentuated by the fact that just before I left for home yesterday I clicked the brake-lever setting to 3 instead of 2 (IIRC), which places the lever further out by one notch, because for whatever reason at the time, the brake felt like it was engaging later than usual. It might have been the recent increase in outside temps, or just the fact that the fluid had gotten a bit toasty at times (I think the former rather than the latter). At any rate, my one click out set it to about half a 'notch' worth of outward engagement more than I was used to, but I wasn't thinking it'd be a problem to get used to (I could still reach the lever comfortably). So all said and done, I pulled the front brake too hard, and too harder (dangit, I know better!)

The front end washed out, I went down, and here's the part I couldn't get in the first 100 runs through my head (which was when I was still very much out of it)... If the bike went to the outside and I followed as usually happens, how did the bike end on top of me, ending with me on the outside of the turn with my back buried in the exhaust pipes?
Here's what happened as best as I can figure (remember, I was conscious during this whole thing). As expected, the bike went outside, I followed, but then the front wheel of the bike hit the curb (at an angle). This caused the bike to flip in toward me and probably did a 180 before it landed on me, which is why it was on top of me backwards from the way it 'should' have been. I remember that initial hit, and in an instant several things went through my head, one of which was "This is bad. This is worse than it should be. This really sucks. WTH."

After some more bouncing and sliding, it settled on top of me. I don't remember exactly how I lifted it off, but I remember that everything hurt, then as I slid it off the rest of the way, it trapped me in my jacket pulling on me hard, making it really really hard to breathe. I had one arm free and was waving wildly and yelling for help at the first car who was slowing down in the roundabout. I thought he was going to pass and keep going, I was thinking WTF?! He just pulled a little more forward out of my sight, forward of the bike and I, and got out. I finally got to my jacket zipper and pulled my neck and lungs free. That was when it seemed like in a few seconds there were 10 or so people standing in front of me not understanding my words, which I thought were something like "Get this off of me, it's burning, I need to get out of this, help!" It took a bit for people to understand what was going on, finally they did when one noticed the plastic logo on the back of my leather jacket was smoking. "It's burning him, get it off!" I was like EXACTLY! WTF! "Oh, his jacket is caught here, we need to get it free!" "EXACTLY! WTF!"
Somewhere around there was when I started going 'really' fuzzy and lost most of my vision and hearing. After that is more jumbled, but it seemed real quick-like that everyone multiplied, there were firemen, EMT's, ambulance drivers, police, and a few other officials I think. Everything went crazy, then when they finally were ready to put me on the 'body board', I laid back and saw the front end of my bike for the first time since it happened, and my front wheel was BROKEN OFF from the hub! The rotor that I could see was bent, and what was left of the wheel was dangling there in the forks/hub.

That was that. After that I was in the hands of the unorganized medical 'professionals' for the rest of the sleepless night.

You know, I also would've thought it was damned hard to get a bike to land on you too at those 'slow' speeds and especially to break the wheel, if it didn't happen to me. Call me out all you want, but I'm telling the truth.

If there had been no curb there, the bike and I would have 'gently' slid off the roadway into the grass for a ways more (like on a racetrack), and I'd have probably ridden it home. Ah well, all in the name of keeping cars off the grass, I guess!
Keep in mind, the wheels on this bike were made to be light and as strong as they 'needed' to be. I'd bet that the big 'K' engineers knew exactly what it'd take and where to break one of these, and that kind of curb impact was not on the list of 'survivable', they're cast aluminum with thin spokes, afterall.

And guess what? They STILL haven't found my bike! My wife drove us out there again to make sure it wasn't stashed somewhere along the side road where we couldn't see it, but alas, all I brought back was a few small parts in a bag.
50/50, it was either towed by a towing company that no one kept any track of (don't get me STARTED on these fools!), or it was left there and stolen overnight.

I'm going to sign out for now and give my wife another blissful kiss.

Steven = 1
Motorcycle = 0

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I have no reason to lie, I'm not trying to save face. Call me out all you want, but I'm telling the truth.

No no no, not my intention. Sorry.
I've ridden and I've ridden fast, very fast. I've had to lay my bike down. The only "flip up into the air and land on me" scenario I could picture was a wheelie gone bad or a hill climbing mishap. Both of which leaves one in control to push the bike to the side. A ?back flip? such as you experienced I would have thought would have thrown someone. Which it would have if you were going faster ( ).
My bad. It rolled over on top of you.
Again I say, "get back on that steel horse".
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Glad your alright ish.

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks Brad.

Cliffw,
Okay, it's all good.
It definitely did get some air and land hard, didn't just roll over calmly, but no it wasn't like a 7x backflip 30-feet in the air sort of thing.
It was a low-side so going faster wouldn't have thrown me, would have just been flinging parts and me further. A high-side is what throws a person. Normally a high-side is much more violent than a low-side, but not in this case I guess.

Well, if I could FIND the darn (aluminum) horse, and if they'd replace the entire front end and bodywork + some things (I'd imagine) without totaling it (unlikely), then I might get back on it. That's a lot of ifs, heh. I'm really doubting I'll ever see it again. Watch for 2008-2010 Candy Plasma Blue ZX-10R parts on Ebay, please.
As long as my insurance comes through one way or another, I guess I'll be satisfied. I'm not going to replace this bike.

However... I do have a steel horse, by the name of "1985 Kawasaki 750 Turbo". It's rarin' and ready to be stripped and built up as a custom sportbike (only occasional rides sort of thing). I have all the parts, just need to get rid of almost everything else I have (which I may have to do dirt-arse cheap now. You want a TT 6-spd IROC-Z for $2k?)
I can't give up on this one, even if I never do ride it.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
It was apparently STOLEN!

I finally called my way around to the right people, and they say that I told the officers to leave it there! I don't even remember talking to any officers! Now I can't say that I didn't for sure because (as mentioned) I was really mentally and physically out of it after the accident, but I don't recall doing that.

So, now I (still) own a wrecked motorcycle that was stolen from the scene! WTH!!! As if I don't have enough to deal with.

I'm wondering how THIS mess will go forward with the insurance. I hope I don't end up getting screwed. I left a message with the insurance rep so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

ARG, I want to keep ranting, no point though. I still do have what really matters, my wife, and my life.
Thanks for the support everyone.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Stolen? That really sucks...
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Those cops were really looking out for your best interest wern't they
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I bet they just lost track of it. I'm sure one of the wrecking yards has a wrecked bike in there.

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Definitely stolen. There was finally someone from a different part of the county police who told me there was a case number for me (imagine that), and that the report said that they initially called a tow service then canceled it upon my apparent instruction.
Someone definitely stole it overnight while I was in the E.R. How nice of them to take advantage of me like that, huh?

Once I find the camera's battery charger (never?) I'll take some pics of the pieces I picked up off the side of the road, because that's all that is left.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-08-2010).]

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
that sux dude hope everything with insurance and all works out for ya.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
It must be something in the water... 2 close PFF forum friends in motorcycle wrecks recently...

JazzMan and Jarhead2m4...

ALLTURBO, I am glad you are ok... if a stolen mostly junked bike is the worst headache you get out of all this... consider yourself lucky.

I really like the way you wrote this saga. Very captivating. It reminded me of the movie 'Momento' (sorta)!

Let us know how the police/insurance side of this turns out.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
2 close PFF forum friends in motorcycle wrecks recently...
JazzMan and Jarhead2m4...

Gosh.
I did not hear about the JazzMan, .
Give him my best and I will tell him myself.
Prayers given, well wishes, good vibes.
Gosh. How is he doing ?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

It was apparently STOLEN!

I finally called my way around to the right people, and they say that I told the officers to leave it there! I don't even remember talking to any officers! Now I can't say that I didn't for sure because (as mentioned) I was really mentally and physically out of it after the accident, but I don't recall doing that.

So, now I (still) own a wrecked motorcycle that was stolen from the scene! WTH!!! As if I don't have enough to deal with.

I'm wondering how THIS mess will go forward with the insurance. I hope I don't end up getting screwed. I left a message with the insurance rep so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

ARG, I want to keep ranting, no point though. I still do have what really matters, my wife, and my life.
Thanks for the support everyone.

Just heal, man.....in 5 years it wont matter in the least--but you will still be alive. Getting out of a bike crash alive and with all 4 still there IS a good thing in itself.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
I agree, thanks guys. I had a follow-up with an ortho-something? doctor yesterday, and he confirmed what I had thought already, which is good. At this point it's mostly muscle injuries, and with a few muscle relaxants and pain pills I should heal up in a little while. I still do hurt a lot in several places, but I'm already doing a bit better than earlier in the week.

I didn't hear about Jazzman either, but I wish him the best! I already wished Jarhead2M4 a speedy recovery, but ditto again!

It's just upsetting to be kicked while I'm down, with the theft and all. I'll let you guys know how it turns out once everything is finalized with the insurance.

Speaking of being kicked while I'm down, I need to rant some more... I'm very upset now about my immediate co-workers, and also by less-immediate co-workers. Nothing like getting back to work sooner than I should (according to the doctor) because I want to help out as much as I can with our insanely busy time... just to get kicked hard while I'm down again.
I get back to my closest tech-coworker telling me, very rudely,
"Whatever you replace this with (well...I'm not going to replace it), don't think with your penis this time!".
My reply, "I REALLY DON'T NEED THIS S*%T RIGHT NOW".
"HYPOCRITE! YOU NEED TO STOP CUSSING WHEN YOU TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY SHOULDN'T"
Now, that's a different subject entirely, and I've told him OVER and OVER that when put on the spot and angered, I find it hard NOT to cuss when all I hear ALL DAY LONG is he and my supervisor cussing out everyone they can. He won't believe that it's all too easy to pick up a vocabulary when you're around it ALL THE TIME.

Now, HYPOCRITE is the key word here, as he likes to think that I am as I tell people all the time to not be blatantly STUPID on their motorcycles, and obviously I'm a hypocrite (sure buddy...) because I "finally" wrecked my sportbike which I apparently bought "with my penis" (I have NEVER tried to impress ANYONE, and I bought this bike for MANY reasons, and NONE of them were to compensate for ANYTHING). No never mind that he DIDN'T EVEN HEAR THE STORY OF MY ACCIDENT. He heard from a more distant coworker who I had talked to previously, nothing more than "He was going too fast." GAHHH. There is so much more to that, and as I mentioned here, I WAS NOT GOING VERY FAST AT ALL, even if I could have been going even slower and avoided it probably.
"Next time you decide to condemn someone, at least GET THE WHOLE STORY first".

So he goes ranting on about how stupid and hypocritical am, and that I need to buy a 4-door car (specifically omitting any 2-door car) because all I've ever bought, with the exception of my truck, was a performance oriented car or motorcycle (AS IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING). He uses this all added up, along with some more pointless facts (I like the sound of a sportbike revving up, I rev-match gears to downshift even though I'm not on a racetrack... OH F'ING PLEASE), to 'prove' that I'm immature and ride/drive like an idiot.
What I 'have' done is accelerate hard through a couple gears many times, WHEN THERE IS NO TRAFFIC AROUND, and I admit I have done that a 'couple' times when there were some cars around, but I still didn't feel the particular situation was unsafe for anyone, though there is always an inherent risk, and afterward I realized that it wasn't smart and I specifically avoided that from the second of the couple times on...
Otherwise, I've taken some 'spirited' corners at 9/10ths WHEN THERE WAS NO TRAFFIC AROUND (not that my accident had to do with those), but here's a kicker. This SAME coworker tried to KEEP UP WITH ME several times on his bike when I did that on rides to lunch, and then recently (last week) made excuses as to why he couldn't keep up (when I wasn't even riding 10/10ths, and there was no traffic around). He also brags that he dragged his knees around "The Dragon" 7 times through it and back (in traffic), at his SV rally a year or two ago.
Oh, let's not forget that his ghetto bike doesn't even HAVE turn signals (and he doesn't use hand signals either), or a speedometer, or a rear brake, or useful rear view mirrors (just one bar-end POS that sticks onto the end of one of his low clip-ons), and in addition he cuts people off and justifies it as being okay by claiming that "they didn't even have to hit their brakes", not to mention (but I will anyway) that he cuts into merge-only or turn-only lanes to get ahead of traffic then cuts back in at the last second.
Every legally required and even non-legally required part on my bike worked, and I used all of them. Turn signals everywhere, I let people in when they had their signal on, I didn't get over until it was safe for me (and them) to, I waved at people who let me over (which barely ever happens around here), and I didn't weave in and out of traffic. I rode a bit faster than the cars around me, just as the MSF course teaches you to do so you stay visible.
Who's the hypocrite?

Since he wanted to drag non-motorcycle related hypocrisy into it... 2.5 years ago he blasted my wife's friends who got married and then pregnant on their wedding night. No nevermind that they had a house set up, and shortly after, the father (with his PhD) got a well paying job, and now she's a stay-at-home mom lovingly raising their first son.
So what does this coworker do? He falls "in love" with a woman 8 years younger than him (she was 24, a 'bit' of a stretch at that age IMO, but I digress), then proceeds to "accidentally" get her pregnant before they were (and still not yet) married. Shortly before that, though he has held his long-standing solid position that two should not live together before they're married, he buys a house with her (still planning on her NOT living there), then she moves in "temporarily" right after he does, then it slides into "yeah, she's staying here" then "whoops, she's pregnant". Well it's a good thing I'm about to ask her to marry me" (all paraphrased by me)
Before any of that could have happened, though, his long-standing solid position that you should not have sex with people you don't at least "plan" to marry seems to be forgotten with every woman he went out with. He had sex with nearly every one of them. And this is all after his divorce from his first wife who he had a daughter with. He scoffs at my sister who has 3 different children from 3 different guys (I do too), yet he now has 2 different children from 2 different girls. 2 out of 3 ain't so good there either, buddy!

HYPOCRITE?! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! His WHOLE LIFE SITUATION is one big hypocrisy. There's even more, but I think I'm done there.

Back to the accident. So I go to talk to my immediate supervisor about it to give him the REAL story, and afterwards he proceeds to tell me that EVERYONE he has talked to says I "drive like a total jerk". NEVERMIND that there are only 2!, yes 2 people at the whole place who have EVER seen me ride, let alone drive (they're lumping them together).
"So who's 'everybody'? "
"Everyone I've talked to! It can't be coincidence when that many people say the same thing"
"That's funny, there are only TWO people on center who have EVER seen me ride a motorcycle or drive a car. EVERYONE's hearsay stems from one and/or the other of those TWO people."
Of course this doesn't matter. They've already condemned me to ""Driving like a jerk and a#$%(*e" and tell me I seriously need to change my whole life (practically) and learn to drive "sanely", oh and that I'm young and stupid (I'm 28. I may not be old, but I do believe I'm past my 'young and stupid' years).

Most of the rest of the coworkers, after a half-hearted "Glad you're okay" lose all interest in understanding anything because they've condemned me too.

On top of this, I still don't have reliable transportation to get to work anymore (sure, yes, that's my fault too). I'm going to try to work on something this weekend, but I still hurt a lot and am very limited when it comes to twisting and contorting around cars.

There are many biblical parallels here (whether you believe the bible is accurate or not), and they're not lost on me even though the situation is entirely different. I want to go off on these people, but I don't know if I should, or if I should just suck it up without saying anything more while working my HARDEST as I have been doing (despite my other problems, and these new (temporary) ones.

I don't know if anyone here cares to hear my drama (I really hate drama but it comes to attack me anyway sometimes) or what your opinion may be, but as with the rest of this whole thing, I think it helps for me to get it out to more than just my wife (who is definitely understanding).

GAH. I need a LONG vacation (that I'm unable to rightfully take).

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-10-2010).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Dude.."going to fast" is standard...Years ago, when I face-planted over the bars of my Shadow, it was "going to fast"..nobody cared that it was only about 15-20mph, the motor siezed (shaft drive) so the bike stopped and the guy on top didnt.

1mph would have been "going too fast" for them. Welcome to a sorta-exlusive club--guys that have wrecked bikes, survived and have to listen to the crap.

<edit>...the other one that drives me up the wall, 1st question--was he drunk??..Ya, 4 coffee's, a Dr.Pepper and one can of non-alcholoic beer--but was he drunk?

eff them.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-10-2010).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
"Since you all feel like you can tell me how to live MY life, I will be needing you you pay some of the bills in MY life. Oh, you don't want too? Well that's good, I guess you can just go ahead and stay right out of MY life guilt-free, then!"

"Bub-by now."

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-10-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks for trying to help me feel better (it helps a bit).

The frustrating part is that I work directly with these two specific people every day. Right now my whole life is centered around work because I have problems that make it very hard for me to do anything else, so I have to put full focus into work (because I'm really NOT young and stupid and I fully realize that paying the bills actually matters, a lot). That means, right after my wife, these are the two people that are most in my life, and WRT work, one of them has the say as to whether I stay or go, what I do or don't do, and what my ultimate work reputation is (at this job, your reputation is EVERYTHING). So actually, he kind of does pay my bills (or allows me to do it, anyway).

I talked to the other co-worker that I've ridden with (who's older and has been there for 20 years), he agrees with me and says he's never seen me ride like a total jerk, and he's definitely never said anything to that effect. Unless he's flat-out lying, that means that "everyone" = ONE person. How nice to get my work reputation irreparably damaged by ONE person, huh?

In other news, my wife and I went by the Chevy dealership to find out if there are any Camaro 1LT's (V6) available with the options I'd like anywhere around here because a new (reliable and safe) car just jumped up high on my priority list (though I'm kind of getting worried about being able to pay for one now ). There aren't any in stock, so I have to order one and that takes 8-ish weeks, but there is one semi-locally that is close to what I want for a bit more $$$. Thinking about it...
Otherwise, I need to figure out how to get to work for 8 weeks since I can't seem to fix my cars or truck (especially with the extra pain right now).
I'm so sick of being in a pathetic car situation. I need to move on, these things hurt me more than anything else. One new Camaro DD and one all-out Fiero is all I care to deal with (and maybe that project turbo-bike, slowly. It doesn't take up much room).

I'm gonna post a couple barely-interesting cell phone pics soon.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for trying to help me feel better (it helps a bit).

The frustrating part is that I work directly with these two specific people every day. Right now my whole life is centered around work because I have problems that make it very hard for me to do anything else, so I have to put full focus into work (because I'm really NOT young and stupid and I fully realize that paying the bills actually matters, a lot). That means, right after my wife, these are the two people that are most in my life, and WRT work, one of them has the say as to whether I stay or go, what I do or don't do, and what my ultimate work reputation is (at this job, your reputation is EVERYTHING). So actually, he kind of does pay my bills (or allows me to do it, anyway).

I talked to the other co-worker that I've ridden with (who's older and has been there for 20 years), he agrees with me and says he's never seen me ride like a total jerk, and he's definitely never said anything to that effect. Unless he's flat-out lying, that means that "everyone" = ONE person. How nice to get my work reputation irreparably damaged by ONE person, huh?

In other news, my wife and I went by the Chevy dealership to find out if there are any Camaro 1LT's (V6) available with the options I'd like anywhere around here because a new (reliable and safe) car just jumped up high on my priority list (though I'm kind of getting worried about being able to pay for one now ). There aren't any in stock, so I have to order one and that takes 8-ish weeks, but there is one semi-locally that is close to what I want for a bit more $$$. Thinking about it...
Otherwise, I need to figure out how to get to work for 8 weeks since I can't seem to fix my cars or truck (especially with the extra pain right now).
I'm so sick of being in a pathetic car situation. I need to move on, these things hurt me more than anything else. One new Camaro DD and one all-out Fiero is all I care to deal with (and maybe that project turbo-bike, slowly. It doesn't take up much room).

I'm gonna post a couple barely-interesting cell phone pics soon.

So ya crash a bike...then go Camero shopping ?

LMAO--you will do just fine in life

Dont try to ride a horse, that throws a WHOLE screwball into the equation.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
?
I've been planning on buying a CamAro for a little while now, as a safe and slow, but still neat, DD. Just a little-bitty DI V6, not the throaty big bad mean V8 that my up-coming Fiero will whoop up on anyway.
Don't forget that this Camaro will replace my ~500hp ~700 lb/ft of torque twin-turbo tire-shredding IROC-Z.

I don't like horses, they stink and are mean. They hate me too, so it's all good I guess?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

I don't like horses, they stink and are mean. They hate me too, so it's all good I guess?

They aint THAT mean.....but stink--OK, yer right on that one..its all good (comming from a guy who has landed on his head a few too many times)
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
They aint THAT mean.....but stink--OK, yer right on that one..its all good (comming from a guy who has landed on his head a few too many times)

LMAO...once ya go to a horse, a bike dont matter anymore
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
LOLz!

Not much to see...
The junk in the gutter is new, it stormed pretty hard the other night so it's just some tree/grass debris that washed in.
The tire mark on the curb is mine, I think (There are others that are washed out in these pics, it's amazing how many idiots have gone over this curb in the last year or so! Yes...that makes me one of them, heh)
The chips taken out of the curb are NOT from me as far as I can tell.
You can see the scrape in the pavement from where I'm assuming my left peg dragged.
That's about it. More 'real' pics possibly later (gotta find that battery charger)

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

LOLz!

ROTFFLMAOA !!!!!!

8 seconds--faster than any car, faster than any bike....

Just stay on top for 8............

hell, its only 8 seconds---I dare ya
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Uhh, you know that bike woulda been doing about 140mph from a standstill in 8 seconds, right? (Oh, and for the painfully uninformed hypocrites that I don't see in this thread anyway, looking up specs doesn't make me ride like a jerkoff a-hole. I never touched 140 on that bike )

Horses are slow, just very bumpy and stinky. (Okay, I admit it, I'm just too scurred to ride an angry, kicking, smelly 1-ton animal for any amount of seconds. )

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

GAH. I need a LONG vacation (that I'm unable to rightfully take).

Feign pain and tell them your doc says to take time off. Not a long one but a few days can help.

Are there any houses or business that are open 24/7 around the crash site?
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
ALLTRBO, glad that you are ok. Scary stuff. I read in Popular Mechanics last year that when faced with a crisis 90% of the people will stand around and do nothing. Only about 10% will act. That is one reason why so many people die in emergency situations.

You did the right thing by getting checked out even though it was a pain. Be safe. Get a spine protector if you plan to keep riding and don't already have one. They are cool looking and can save your life.

I would help you get a car going if you lived closer to me. Take care of your lady. It sounds like you have a good one.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Feign pain and tell them your doc says to take time off. Not a long one but a few days can help.

Are there any houses or business that are open 24/7 around the crash site?

Actually the doc said take 7-10 days off (and even wrote me a note that I didn't ask for, heh), and I don't have to feign anything. I'm in lots of pain.
Taking off these days will only annoy/anger my supervisors/coworkers even more, and I'm only concerned about that in this situation because it technically 'was' my fault. (Not nearly to the degree that they're shoving down my throat however). While I hurt a lot, I don't feel that I'll injure myself worse if I go to work (it just slows me down a lot). Altogether, I feel that it'll make the whole work situation much worse if I take any days off during this extremely pressing time (and I *do* want to get the job done on time).

There are several houses in the area, the "T" from that three-way roundabout leads into a subdivision with houses nearby. I don't think anyone would have seen anything, but I guess it's possible. No businesses there.
It was stolen sometime between about 8pm and 4am (my wife and I drove by after we left the E.R. at around 4 and it was gone).
I suppose I could ask the police to ask people around there, they might get more answers than I would. People are often un-friendly to strangers in this area.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by RACE:

ALLTRBO, glad that you are ok. Scary stuff. I read in Popular Mechanics last year that when faced with a crisis 90% of the people will stand around and do nothing. Only about 10% will act. That is one reason why so many people die in emergency situations.

You did the right thing by getting checked out even though it was a pain. Be safe. Get a spine protector if you plan to keep riding and don't already have one. They are cool looking and can save your life.

I would help you get a car going if you lived closer to me. Take care of your lady. It sounds like you have a good one.

Thanks. Definitely the most terrifying part was barely being able to breathe while being trapped on the burning exhaust. I just couldn't believe how such a 'minor' incident was turning out at that point.

Oh, I definitely wanted to get checked out, I was already hurting a whole lot, even in shock. The blacking-out scared me, thought I might have had a concussion or something. Turns out that I'm actually Superman! HAH!

A spine protector? Never heard of it, I'll look into it. If I can wear any gear without causing danger itself (interrupting controls or whatever), I will. ALL the gear, ALL the time. If it's too hot for the gear, it's too hot to ride. No ifs, ands, or buts. I thought I knew about all the gear, obviously not.
Edit: Those look similar to the thick padding that's already in my leather jacket, but they may be stronger or something, I'll have to look into it more.

Thanks for the offer of car help. I would appreciate the help if you were able to.

Definitely have an awesome wife. I wouldn't have married anyone who wasn't. She can be frustrating at times (so can I!), but she's always there when it counts. I wish I could treat her better than my health allows, but I do try.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock