Started on: 02-22-2010 06:23 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: turboguy327 on 02-23-2010 07:02 AM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I am going to become somebody I hate in the next couple days. A phone salesman. I work for a landscape company and we are trying to expand our fertilization dept. So we are calling all our old customers(about 14 years worth) trying to get them to sign a contract with us for a 5 treatment program. I want to get a ton of sales as I get 25 per contract. Any tips or suggestions or ideas?? I know all I need to know about the treatments and chemicals and everything I will be using. Just looking for ideas to push the sale without being an ass about it. So anyone sold over the phone before??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Watch "Boiler Room"

NSFW

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Watch "Boiler Room"

Wow Cory, now you've got me wanting to watch that movie!
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Never seen it? Excellent flick.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

I am going to become somebody I hate in the next couple days. A phone salesman. I work for a landscape company and we are trying to expand our fertilization dept. So we are calling all our old customers(about 14 years worth) trying to get them to sign a contract with us for a 5 treatment program. I want to get a ton of sales as I get 25 per contract. Any tips or suggestions or ideas?? I know all I need to know about the treatments and chemicals and everything I will be using. Just looking for ideas to push the sale without being an ass about it. So anyone sold over the phone before??

If you have no training in this field you need to find someone who does have training and learn fast.

ABC, Always be closing,
Always assume the sale, the customer wants to have your service, they just don't realize it yet, your job is not to sell them anything, it is to get them to realize they want to have your company come by.
Always be in charge of the conversation, you ask the questions, if the other guy asks you a question (legitimate) answer it, and immediately ask him something.
Yes yes yes leads to a sale, ask questions that will lead to a yes, "Do you want a nice lawn?" Do you still have that lawn out on bla bla bla street?" It doesn't matter what the question is, as long as they answer yes.
Never ask, "do you want us to fertilize your yard?" Instead, assume the sale, say "What time is good to come by and spray/dust/whatever?" Assume the sale.
Heck, I don't know how your service is set up, but if you get paid in advance your less likely to have cancellations. Make one of the questions "And what type of credit card will you be paying with?"

Hope it helps, and yea, you will be the enemy, but we all have to wear different hats these days. I can't fault anyone for making a living.

Brad
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
My favorite line from that show. "I'm 46 years old, I have 22 years market experience, I know this business. So pick up your skirt, grab your balls, and lets go make some money"

[This message has been edited by cjgable (edited 02-22-2010).]

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

You will not be disappointed.
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

If you have no training in this field you need to find someone who does have training and learn fast.

ABC, Always be closing,
Always assume the sale, the customer wants to have your service, they just don't realize it yet, your job is not to sell them anything, it is to get them to realize they want to have your company come by.
Always be in charge of the conversation, you ask the questions, if the other guy asks you a question (legitimate) answer it, and immediately ask him something.
Yes yes yes leads to a sale, ask questions that will lead to a yes, "Do you want a nice lawn?" Do you still have that lawn out on bla bla bla street?" It doesn't matter what the question is, as long as they answer yes.
Never ask, "do you want us to fertilize your yard?" Instead, assume the sale, say "What time is good to come by and spray/dust/whatever?" Assume the sale.
Heck, I don't know how your service is set up, but if you get paid in advance your less likely to have cancellations. Make one of the questions "And what type of credit card will you be paying with?"

Hope it helps, and yea, you will be the enemy, but we all have to wear different hats these days. I can't fault anyone for making a living.

Brad

All the people I will be calling have either been a customer of ours at one point in the past or we have given them a estimate and they never called back after that. We have a new program that allows us to measure properties without leaving the office so our costs are down a ton just because it takes 5 minutes and no gas to do it. I have been told a couple different things. My boss told me just to let them talk and eventually they will talk themselves into it. Or like that you said and keep them from talking by asking questions. Every customer is under contract for the summer. They pay before we do the service because thats how the DEC requires it to work. We need a signed contract and payment or we can get fined hardcore. There are many stupid laws because alot of homeowners think they can do it themselves but dont realize what kind of chemicals you really need. We offer them some free stuff to sign. Thanks for the tips. I have around 1800 people to call so I can try a couple different things. I hate calling people but its 25 a signing and hourly pay. I cant pass it up.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock