For Sale: '90 Twin-Turbo IROC-Z 350 6-speed by ALLTRBO
Started on: 01-24-2010 10:12 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Nurb432 on 02-21-2010 07:35 PM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Edit: 4/15/10.
Sold.

Well it was my dream car for years, but then I discovered the blank-slate potential of Fieros, and I need money, time, and space for my up and coming MIDTRBO, a 'twin-turbo V8 Camaro' killer.
More importantly, I need to lessen my project load, as I have chronic health problems that are aggravated by the stress and that kill my ability and time to complete them all.
(Edited for more info)

I built pretty much all of this car myself, and it isn't quite finished, so is still in 'Project TWNTRBO' status.

'90 IROC-Z, the L98 (TPI 350) has forged pistons with 9.0:1 cr and GM powdered metal rods, ARP hardware, and rotating assembly balanced, otherwise it's a pretty much stock engine. It has a very slight knock coming from what sounds like the bottom end, but it hasn't gotten worse in about 1200 miles so I'm not so sure it's a rod knock, in which case I don't know what it is. I'm doubting more and more every day that it's a rod-knock.

Twin T3 60-trim turbos with BBSDesigns headers, running about 15psi (a bit much for warmer weather)
T56 6-speed swap with a Spec stage III clutch (MUCH stronger and better quality than the Spec Fiero clutches)
3.42 posi rear end (stock) with a JG1 aluminum driveshaft
Big front mount IC with aluminum IC pipes, dual 2.25" into 3"
Exhaust needs to be more securely connected from the downpipes to the cat-back (mild fabbing required)
Needs a new header gasket on the driver side
No emissions equipment installed
Needs a tune, runs $58 (Sy/Ty) code in the stock '730, includes memcal adapter and some IC's. Should be upgraded to Code59 now (it's based on $58), much more support and options. http://www.code59.org/
The body is pretty straight, 3" Harwood cowl fiberglass hood. The blue paint is decent except I had the front end repainted and it was done very poorly and doesn't match perfectly, needs a cut and buff at least, then will look decent.
T-tops, they don't leak unless high-pressure water is applied
Windshield is cracked, needs replaced
Interior is pretty nice, 8 or 9 out of 10. Black and gray, 4thgen Camaro seats
Decent sound system- Pioneer speakers, 10" sub with Pioneer amp, and a pretty nice head unit. I'll take $250 off an accepted offer if I keep all of this.
'97 Corvette wheels, tires are okay but will need replaced before long
Brand new battery (rear mounted)
96k miles
Clean and clear Maryland title in my name

It runs and I am currently driving it. Even without a good tune, it will spin into 4th gear sometimes. Pulls hard on the highway. I estimate around 450whp and around 650wtq. I haven't driven it a whole lot with the turbo setup installed, but it made the trip from Oklahoma to Maryland 3 years ago in this same state (the day I finished installing the TT setup even!)

I don't know how much I'd take for it, but in the neighborhood of several thousands. I won't let it go for nothing. Make offers, or at least let me know what you think.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-16-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Well it was my dream car for years, but then I discovered the blank-slate potential of Fieros, and I need money, time, and space for my up and coming MIDTRBO, a twin-turbo V8 Camaro killer.

I built almost all of this car myself, and it isn't quite finished, so is still in 'project' status.

'90 IROC-Z, the L98 (TPI 350) has forged pistons with 9.0:1 cr and GM powdered metal rods, otherwise it's a pretty much stock engine. It has a very slight knock coming from what sounds like the bottom end, but it hasn't gotten worse in about 1200 miles so I'm not so sure it's a rod knock, in which case I don't know what it is. I'm doubting more and more every day that it's a rod-knock.

T56 6-speed swap with a Spec stage III clutch (MUCH stronger and better quality than the Spec Fiero clutches)
Twin T3 turbos with BBSDesigns headers, running about 15psi (a bit much for warmer weather)
Big front mount IC with aluminum IC pipes
Exhaust needs to be more securely connected from the downpipes to the cat-back (welding required)
Needs a new header gasket on the driver side
No emissions equipment installed
Needs a tune (has a memcal adapter for easy replacement of chips)
The body is pretty straight, 3" cowl fiberglass hood. The blue paint is decent except I had the front end repainted and it was done very poorly and doesn't match perfectly, needs a cut and buff at least, then will look decent.
Windshield is cracked, needs replaced
Interior is pretty nice, 8 or 9 out of 10. Black and gray, 4thgen Camaro seats
'97 Corvette wheels, tires are okay but will need replaced before long
Brand new battery (rear mounted)
96k miles
Clean and clear Maryland title in my name

It runs and I am currently driving it. Even without a good tune, it will spin into 4th gear sometimes. Pulls hard on the highway. I estimate around 450whp and around 650wtq. I haven't driven it a whole lot with the turbo setup installed.

I don't know how much I'd take for it, but in the neighborhood of several thousands. I won't let it go for nothing. Make offers, or at least let me know what you think.

Not bad. I'd be all over that but 1 No cash 2 partial to the GTA myself, 3 I prefer to stay out of jail. Good luck with the sale.

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
wow i want that. ill trade my fiero in california has a 3800sc n it and some body mods.
Derek_85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
Not in the market but I forwarded this to a friend who is an F-body nut and looking for a fun/good weather car.

~ Derek
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I REALLY don't want to see it go, but reality strikes again.
I'd love to see it go to an enthusiast that will see it through and enjoy it thoroughly.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Ghost, you have a PM.

Oh, and PK, there's really NO reason to quote a long post like that when it's RIGHT ABOVE your post, especially when you have just a basic comment about it. Even when it is necessary to quote a post, you should delete the pictures in the quote unless there is a specific point you want to bring up about one of the pics, then leave out the rest.
Doing this wastes tons of Cliff's bandwidth and makes a thread that much harder to navigate through for everyone.

I'm not trying to single you out, I just see this WAY too often. A little forum etiquette goes a long way.

Oh, and bump.
Here's a little fact. This car cruises at 1700rpm at 80mph in 6th and has enough torque to like it!
Before I installed the TT setup I got 27.5mpg on a highway trip including a long mountain pass.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-25-2010).]

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Doing this wastes tons of Cliff's bandwidth and makes a thread that much harder to navigate through for everyone.

I don't meant to be "that guy," but that's not true. The pictures are only actually loaded once by your browser. After that, any repetition of the images are displayed as cached imaghes by your browser. No matter what, the server only gets hit to download the images once.

On the other hand, I agree...it is annoying to find a lot of pictures quoted when we've all already seen them. Oh well

Oh, and good luck with the car. If I had somewhere to keep it, I'd probably have already bought it, haha.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
It's okay, I stand corrected. Thank you.

The pointless nature of the act and the ensuing frustration factor is still well enough reason to NEVER do that, though.

Thanks for the well wishes.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Tonight I thoroughly enjoyed coming up on the riced out Accord with a bookshelf wing, and blasting past his ridiculous wannabe racecar while sideways at 70mph, turbos screaming "you SSSSSSSSSSSUCK" over the fearsome roar of a ~500hp true American V8, with the BOV's topping it off with a dose of "PSSSSHHT, you loser" upon the shift into an effortless, relaxed 1500rpm 6th gear cruise.
SGS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SGSSend a Private Message to SGSDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Great looking car. Most 3rd gens I see these days have been ridden hard and put away wet, and they look like complete shiit.

Got more pictures?

I might be interested....
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Sorry, had to work some actual overtime this week (for the first time in about 1.5 years... It's hard for me to do. )

You know, now that I'm driving it again I keep getting compliments. "Wanna sell it?" "Like your ride", "Very nice", "That beast sounds mean, must be fun!", and of course my favorite- upon giving a ride to my coworker and going sideways from about 40-80mph, "whoa, whoa, WHOA, AHAHAHAALOLOLAHAHLOLOMGWTFHAHHAHAHALOL ...pause... HAHLOLOLOLAHAHHAHAHALOLPMGWTF!, I've never been in anything with this much power! That scared the s**t out of me! *insert ferocious little schoolgirl giggle here*"... LOL

Anyone want to buy a '98 Talon AWD turbo instead? It'll come with a 2.4 liter that you'll get to build and install because the 2.0 went bad! Act now and I'll throw in a huge turbo setup and all the parts to run 11's with!

I really do like this Camaro, despite its still many flaws. I think it'll take a good bit to pry it away from me.

2004: Fresh beginnings of a thirdgen V8 twin-turbo kit (Note, that is not the intercooler I used, it was much smaller. I decided to sell it and buy the current larger IC):

As I bought it (had hit a deer, only cosmetic damage), then during minor cosmetic reconstruction including the fiberglass cowl (swapping to that is how I broke the windshield, the stock steel hood fell on it ) : The almost identical IROC next to it is my old '89 that my uncle now owns. It wasn't in as nice of a condition so I decided to buy this one, a much nicer car.

2005, pre-turbo:

2006: Just out of the Navy, beginning the TT install:

Modified bumper:

Mounted:

Installed:

Driver's header:

Passenger's header:

Turbos:

Kinda finished: The night before my 1350 mile trip to MD from OK.

The day I left (next day, still 2006):

During the trip from the hotel balcony:

Taken TODAY (3 years later) from work on the 4th floor. I love these angles. The T-tops look sweet. The car is pretty filthy, needs a good bath.

For the record, the TT install was a LOT more work than I make it look like here.
Unfortunately the engine bay now looks more aged, the turbine housings have rust through the ceramic coating and need to be re-coated, same with the headers but to a lesser degree. Everything else is just dusty for now.

I've got to mess with the tune this weekend since it's going to be too cold to do anything else with it. Hopefully I can get it to be more easily drivable again (like it was on the stock $8D naturally aspirated code).

Keep in mind there are more problems than I've mentioned here, but it does get me to work and back. Considering that it sat for most of the last 3 years, it's taking it like a champ. (The first half of that was garaged, the next year was outside but covered with a custom-fit cover, the last 6 months it's been uncovered because a D@^% cat destroyed the expensive cover. GRRR.
If anyone is seriously interested, PM me for a link to more information on this car than you could ever want.

Either way, I'm so torn about all of this.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-30-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Interior... These were taken in 2006 but it's in the same shape today. The dash was just dusty.

I installed the 4thgen front/rear seats, black plastic panels and the black and gray door panels, I swapped the whole rear hatch area (carpet and all) in black as well. The front carpet is still gray (separated from the rear by the seats, doesn't look out of place at all) as is the headliner.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-19-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
It might be a good thing that no one seems interested, I dunno. Heh.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
...but then I keep getting all revved up about Project MIDTRBO and the possibility of getting my killer destroker shortblock built that much sooner... This Fiero is going to be something else.

I disabled the WG actuators and fully opened the wastegates so now the Camaro drives like a N/A car (It's a 15 minute mod to get full boost again), so that I can reinstall the N/A $8D code that I had tuned so well, at least until I can get time to tune the $58 (or Code59) better after I fix the truck; It keeps snowing on the weekends!. I just bought a 1-bar MAP to swap real quick because I lost the other, then in goes the $8D again.

Bump. Someone make me an offer I can't refuse. With a bit more work this will be a completely awesome car. The base is there.

------------------
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - For Sale (maybe)
(And too many more!)
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-21-2010).]

thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I am not a huge fan of camaros, but that car is BAD ASS! I love the look with the simple body mods and the big intercooler. Those beastly turbos sticking up and the TPI intake. I really like the look of those engines.

I am definitely not in the market but it is a beautiful car, sad to have to sell it. Keep it, next to the fiero that would be one hell of a garage.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks.
That's part of the problem. They won't both fit in the garage. :/ It's a one-car/two-motorcycle garage.

The Camaro had something happen to it, was not wanting to run. I think it was in limp-home mode. Set an SES light, but when I checked it there were no codes stored. I later started it and it fired up and idled like normal. Weird. Also, it just developed a huge heater-core leak. Those are a PITB to repair.
I rode the ZX-10R to work yesterday. Coming back, it was snowing and ice formed on my jacket. I'm sure everyone was wondering why that idiot was riding a 1000cc sportbike in the snow, heh. I can't diagnose the Camaro yet as it has 24" of snow on top of it now. Fun.
I have 4 cars and a truck, and I'm stuck on the motorcycle. How pathetic is that!

Time for bed, the sleeping meds (plural) kicked in and I'm seeing double. G'night.

------------------
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - For Sale (maybe)
(And too many more!)
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-13-2010).]

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
Do u accept monthly payments? lol .
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Sure, but I keep the car and the title until it's paid off in full.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Now I can't get it to stay running right. It will run fine for several seconds or minutes, then jump back into limp-home mode.

I will let this go for way less than I ever thought I could. I'm too chronically sick to deal with all this car stuff.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
After more 'troubleshooting', I'm half tempted to let this stupid thing go for $2000, today. That's well less than half of the turbo setup alone. I bet if someone showed up on my doorstep this afternoon with cash and a trailer, I'd probably help them load it up.
That is, before I came to my senses anyway. At least it looks good sitting in the driveway.
[/rant]
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

After more 'troubleshooting', I'm half tempted to let this stupid thing go for $2000, today. That's well less than half of the turbo setup alone. I bet if someone showed up on my doorstep this afternoon with cash and a trailer, I'd probably help them load it up.
That is, before I came to my senses anyway. At least it looks good sitting in the driveway.
[/rant]

lol... with that, i was tempted to call my tow guy, and be at your place in an hour :P
damn your semses!
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

[/rant]

Damn really??

I wish you weren't so far away. And that California would send me straight to jail for even trying to register that car out here.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
its 20years old, i think thats able to be registered as historic here, meaning no emissions at all.... just not supposted to drive it sept to-from shows, events, and club meetins, or to/from the repair shop.

its how i have my fiero registereed
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-21-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Thanks guys. I REALLY don't want to see it go, but reality strikes again.
I'd love to see it go to an enthusiast that will see it through and enjoy it thoroughly.

If i only had the cash... I miss my 87 IROC ( got hit by a semi spare tire/wheel on the interstate .. wasnt pretty )

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock