Can someone run a Carfax for me? by justinchristie
Started on: 01-24-2010 01:36 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Patrick on 01-25-2010 02:44 PM
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking at getting a GMC Sonoma, and I'd like to see it's history. I know carfax has limited their reports now to 5 only, so if you want a little bit of money for the report, I'll gladly paypal you some.

PM me and I can send you the VIN.

thanks!

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
You know there's no more unlimited carfax checks for this reason alone, right? They got smart to this, and no nobody but dealers have unlimited checks.
justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they limited the # of reports. But i was hoping that someone might have 1-2 report left over - because you can buy 5 at a time now. I only need to use 1 because I'm pretty sure i'm going to get this truck because it's really clean in and out, ....but i just want to be sure.

That's why I said i'll pay, I don't ming throwing $10 someone's way to help me out. i'm not looking for a free hand out

------------------

[This message has been edited by justinchristie (edited 01-24-2010).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I lost my interest in CarFax reports when I got one for an Indy Fiero which was an insurance write-off and nothing appeared in the CarFax report about the car being damaged or written off.

If something like that is absent in a CarFax report, it makes you wonder what else is missing.
justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I lost my interest in CarFax reports when I got one for an Indy Fiero which was an insurance write-off and nothing appeared in the CarFax report about the car being damaged or written off.

If something like that is absent in a CarFax report, it makes you wonder what else is missing.

True. But for around Toronto and the GTA, Carfax is quite good. But yes, I've heard problems with Carfax across other parts of Canada. CarProof.ca is quite good as well, especially for B.C. folks - they even have a report that has details specifically for BC residents.

Bumpity-bump.

Anyone have a carfax report available?

------------------

[This message has been edited by justinchristie (edited 01-24-2010).]

leppy_89

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leppy_89Send a Private Message to leppy_89Direct Link to This Post
I have an extra one if you want to toss me $10 bucks.
justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by leppy_89:

I have an extra one if you want to toss me $10 bucks.

PM sent 2 you sir!

------------------

justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post

justinchristie

547 posts
Member since Sep 2006
carfax received and thanks again! thread is CLOSED!!!!!

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justinchristie:

thread is CLOSED!!!!!

Hang on, hang on...

...for around Toronto and the GTA, Carfax is quite good. But yes, I've heard problems with Carfax across other parts of Canada.

Why does location (within Canada/US) make a difference?
justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Why does location (within Canada/US) make a difference?

check it out here, right from CarProof.ca ==> https://www.carproof.com/content/products/icbc.asp

I guess different provinces carry more/less details about a car - above and beyond the standard records. apparently BC has info on "ICBC claims" - don't ask me what that is.

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I guess different provinces carry more/less details about a car - above and beyond the standard records. apparently CarProof VERIFIED BC has info on "ICBC claims" - don't ask me what that is.

I won't need to ask you to explain "ICBC claims".

ICBC is the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, which is the government run monopoly for basic car insurance here in BC.

It's interesting that in the link you supplied, the most expensive option is required when purchasing a report from CarProof for anyone requiring info on cars registered and/or insured in BC. That would explain why the CarFax (not CarProof) report I got on an Indy didn't show that it had earlier been written off by ICBC.

It's good to know for sure that CarFax reports are therefore useless here in BC (as I already suspected, but didn't know the reason why).

Thanks for the info, Justin.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-25-2010).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock