Started on: 01-21-2010 08:22 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-03-2010 08:53 AM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-29-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
u got PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Not to be rude, but you really shouldn't sit computer parts on the carpet. The static electricity can kill them. One of my friends ruined a network card that way.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
good grief, what else do you have? a low-profile TV tuner? a nice big cool-running hard drive? a blue-ray DVD drive? I just need to buy all of it from you for my HTPC. Really, I was holding out for a card that will do more than 720p, unless I'm wrong. And I was hoping for a fanless, I wouldn't want to invest in a passive cooler even if I got this for half what you paid. It doesn't appear that the fan has a variable speed - and I don't want to software mod it...
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
after some not so nice comments by paul, i wasnt going to post this publicly origanly, but since he decided to tell me to "screw me"

same card $40 new, + $15 mail in rebate $2 shipping

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

after some not so nice comments by paul, i wasnt going to post this publicly origanly, but since he decided to tell me to "screw me"

Woops.
I guess it pays to be nice!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
aww, i got a negitive for that it seems...
oh well... i dont see where i was rude to you or deserved to be told "screw you"

i found a better deal, asked if you wanted to match the deal, you chose to be an a$$ rather then just saying no ty.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008
oh. and dont try to deny it

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
And here I thought MY comment would be the one to get him upset... LOL.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

i hope anyone who reads this thread can see what it's like to deal with friggin' a$$holes like you.

Actually, I have had dealings with H.O.S., and he went above & beyond what was required to get the deal done.
I'm sure H.O.S. started with you with the best intentions.
It just unfortunatly went sour.

I wouldn't get too twisted about it.
Maybe just unitentioned miscomunication.

I will tell you from my dealings with him, he is a good guy.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't going to point out newegg had it for $25 after rebate... $20 would e an awesome deal, but it just wasn't the specs I was looking for...
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Looks like some snot-nose kids messed up my simple attempt to sell a video card.

Maybe you should just tell everyone what you want for something when you post it instead of saying "make me a reasonable offer" or "gauging interest" then getting all bent out of shape when the offer seems too low to you, or telling some kind of story to try and validate the price.

Kind of like this thread, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/049640.html If you had told me no thanks, but 105 plus shipping is my bottom price, I would of bought them. Instead you go into this...."nope - these are custom made with limited availablilty. I am hesitating selling because, if i need them later, i might not be able to get them again. I just don't see me using them too soon and i do need some other things .... I was hoping that maybe a lot of people would be interested ...." so I just made them myself, no big deal. My supply for myself is unlimited now.....

What makes your card worth more then one could buy it for elsewhere anyway?

i'm done with this crap ....

Maybe that's just best for everyone.....

Kevin
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

I left after i sent you that PM. You got a negative from someone else, but you've got mine now you f_ckin piece of sh_t. You wanna insullt me by asking me to price match - then i don't respond as you expect and you wanna start something. You don't have to post a copy of my PM because i've told you right now and i'll say it again - GO SCREW YOURSELF. Happy (!?) i hope anyone who reads this thread can see what it's like to deal with friggin' a$$holes like you.

There was no need to start something here ....

Looks like some snot-nose kids messed up my simple attempt to sell a video card. Well, i can sell it somewhere else and

THAT SALE is OVER SOON so I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE IT AWAY. i'm done with this crap ....

i had no intentions of sideswiping your sale thread till you deiced to insult me for NO REASON. i found the SAME card, new, cheaper, with a warenty, and asked if you wanted to match that price.... instead of saying "id rather not" or "no thankyou" you decide to tell me "go screw yourself", not sure what i did so wrong there. posting it here was wrong, maybe, but i was giving everyone the heads up of how you reacted.

phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Direct Link to This Post

i had no intentions of sideswiping your sale thread till you deiced to insult me for NO REASON. i found the SAME card, new, cheaper, with a warenty, and asked if you wanted to match that price.... instead of saying "id rather not" or "no thankyou" you decide to tell me "go screw yourself", not sure what i did so wrong there. posting it here was wrong, maybe, but i was giving everyone the heads up of how you reacted.

You got a + from me to offset his, and it looks like you got a couple more since yesterday, haha. I for one cant stand when someone puts "make an offer" and then gets bent out of shape when they dont like what you offer. If they have an idea what they want, then put it or atleast a "nothing lower than..."

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Geez, now I'm beginning to understand why PaulJK would like to see all threads in O/T deleted after 90 days.

Perhaps we could just have his posts deleted. Might help to freshen up the place.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phreakboy4:

I for one cant stand when someone puts "make an offer" and then gets bent out of shape when they dont like what you offer. If they have an idea what they want, then put it or atleast a "nothing lower than..."

OK. It has now occurred to me that the postings in this thread are not telling the whole story, and i guess i can see how you would think this. HOS conveniently posted only part of the PMs that were sent. i DID NOT ask for offers then reply like that.

HOS - Post the ENTIRE PM chain - I DARE YOU.

i bought the video card for $40. It was a good deal at this price. Later, when i couldn't return it, I posted it here for sale for a REASONABLE OFFER. Fine - that is commonly used in many ads and was willing to take a small loss if i had to. (By the way, I searched and found about 400 posts that used the "guaging interest' or "gauging interest" too).

Shortly after i made the post, HOS sent me a PM offerring me $30. I countered with $35. He asked if that included shipping and said that either way, it was a good deal. IT WAS - even BETTER than i got. WE HAD A DEAL. Based on the NORMAL selling price, it was fair to us Both. I replied that i would get the cost for shipping and get back to him. Shortly after, i got another PM asking if i had obtained the shipping cost. I replied that i had not, but if he wanted to add $5 i would cover shipping costs over that. From Calif, it WILL cost $5 to $8 to send (US Mail) even a small package depending on where the destination is. Since it looked like he was in a hurry, i was even gonna sweeten the deal more and pick up part of the shipping !

NOW i get his PM saying he doesn't want the card unless i price match $25 per egghead. WTF ? Do the MATH. I'm gonna buy a $40 item then sell it AS NEW for $20 or less because of some Sale (?!) NO ONE HERE or anywhere else WOULD DO THAT and THAT pi$$ed me off. It would have angered ANYONE. Hello ? - someone will buy mine AT A FAIR PRICE after the sale is over and the price goes BACK UP ! Why expect me to take a bath For You ?

I replied with my now famous "screw yourself" and walked away. Fine. No big deal. This card WILL SELL or maybe i'll even keep it - it's now tested and i know it works fine. Most people i know would have just said "sorry but i found the card on sale" and we both would have walked away. IN ANY CASE, this SHOULD have been the end.

Later I'm browsing Totally OT and see that USFIero has posted in the thread. I just sold him something a few weeks ago and figured that he might want something else i have but don't need. (i invite anyone to ask him how our transaction went.) NOW i see the multiple posts HOS made, JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE and Purposely RUINING my THREAD..

I did not give him any rating up to then - i did not not even give him a second thought. BUT he comes back, accusing me of the negative, posting my PM ( which told only his part of the story) and RUINED MY THREAD by posting the link to the Egghead sale. THAT WAS LOW.

Maybe some of you people don't know me, but if you do, i'm disappointed if you think i would ask for an offer than react like i did without a good reason.

This was NOT a mis-communication. This was NOT a "deal gone bad". This was someone that went WAY beyond what was called for just because he wanted to be mean and inflict damage.

Feel like maybe you all understand a little better now ?! you should.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

... and asked if you wanted to match that price....

NO. You agreed to a price, then backed out unless i took a HUGE loss. You can try to lie about this when you posted the PM above ?! Here - I"LL put it in red for you.

.. instead of saying "id rather not" or "no thankyou" you decide to tell me "go screw yourself"

Who the hel! are you to tell me or anyone else how to respond ?!

..not sure what i did so wrong there. posting it here was wrong, maybe,

There is NO MAYBE. RUINING someone else's work (For Sale thread) IS WRONG. Screwing me when i was already trying to sell to you at a loss WAS WRONG. Do you have to be told - NewEgg is NOT losing money on that sale. But i was already losing money at the deal you agreed to and you wanted to take me for more ?! WTF is wrong with you.

..but i was giving everyone the heads up of how you reacted.

Baloney. you were just getting even because you felt you could hurt me and there was nothing i could do - just like some punk. You were performing a kind of public service to PFF ? yeah .... right.

If you're so friggin honest and noble, you would have expected to have a deal that was FAIR TO US BOTH. It is UNFAIR and STUPID to expect me to sell you something NEW that i paid $40 for $20 or less ! ESPECIALLY because of some limited-time sale ! WTF !?

What noble purpose did POSTING THE LINK TO THE SALE perform ?! You wanted EVERYTHING you could get, and decided to inflict any damage you could when you didn't get what you wanted. PERIOD.

If you're so friggin honest and noble, YOU would have walked away and bought the Sale card instead of ruining my honest effort to give you (or someone else on PFF) an item for LESS THAN I PAID and even trying to help you on shipping.

This is my last dealing/communication wth you and (hopefully) anybody and Everybody Like you ....

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Dude, just take your toys and go home.

You whine and are a jerk on EVERY computer part sale that you put on this forum.

Go peddle your wares over at http://forums.anandtech.com They will eat you alive over there in PMs about trying to sell USED hardware at near new prices. (Maybe that's why you're on Pennocks trying to sell your used computer parts.)

When was the last time you ACTUALLY sold a computer part on Pennocks?

Here's a bit of advice from someone who has bought and sold 100s of used pieces of hardware over the past 13 years. It's like a new car. It depreciates immensely right after the static bag is opened. Secondly, never try to sell a piece of used hardware at a higher price than what someone can get it for new after shipping AND a rebate. Just pull it off the "market" until that rebate is over. Thirdly, be an ass to someone in a political discussion. If you're a repeated ass in selling your stuff, no one is going to want to buy anything from you.

I suppose you could get all huffy over my post and give me a negative, but I think you probably already have. Either way, I don't get a rat's ass or two squirrel's nuts.

(BTW, hookedonspeed wasn't the only one that pm'd you the newegg link and based or withdrew an offer off of that, was he? )

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
look, pauljk.. its simple, i found a better deal, asked if you still wanted to make the sale knowing the card could be gotten new for less, and instead of saying no, you get your panties into a bunch and go insulting me. i offered you the price of the new card for your used card after i found that, fair offer IMO... i dont know what you do for a job, but i hope you dont have to deal with customers....
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Most of your post isn't worth responding to, but to answer the above question: YES, he was the only one.

AND i guess he's still afraid to post the PMs in their entirety.

I posted a video card that was used for a few hours for less than i paid, offer to help with shipping, THEN and have my thread ruined by some friggin kids and get negative ratings while the kids get + ?

What the hel! is wrong with you people ....

Recipient Topic: Re: For Sale CHEAP - Video Card
PaulJK

01-22-2010 08:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKClick Here to Email PaulJK

Offer: $28 shipped.

http://www.newegg.com/Produ...Item=N82E16814127459

Nope! No one else let you know that newegg had it cheaper than you probably wanted to go.

Somebody buy this card so PaulJK can afford to buy a clue.

leppy_89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leppy_89Send a Private Message to leppy_89Direct Link to This Post
Damn.

Kumbaya folks, kumbaya...
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
..!

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
I have one user name. Are you now going to deny that "aceman" sent you that pm at that time?

Somebody buy his used piece of hardware so that PaulJK can buy a clue. Folks overpay for this card because he seems to need to buy more clues that what this used video card should bring him
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

I see you conveniently left the USERNAME off the PM.

If i'm such a bad guy, then why did you submit an offer to buy from me ?!

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
A) I can't show my user name when copying from my Sent Box.

B) I never said you were a "Bad Guy" I called you whiny and a jerk. Which is exactly what you are doing and being right now.

Perhaps I was hoping that you would come to your senses after I offered you more than the final cost of the card after shipping and rebate. But, I was wrong about you....once again.

If you want to continue to whine, please continue. After all, it is your thread.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Free Midol PM for everybody!*

* While supplies last. Void where prohibited. Does not confer dispensation of actual product, but rather a virtual representation thereof. Do not take with alcohol, while pregnant (if you are pregnant, contact Guinness Book and Ripley's, because you're a freak of nature), or while operating heavy equipment (no, your genitalia is not considered as heavy equipment).

BTW, my name is Mike. Ron's PFF username is "blackrams".

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-25-2010).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Well then thanks MIKE . I hope you never try to sell something and have to deal with this crap ...
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I b4 trash can
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
you want the whole thing pasted?

ok

here ya go, as everyone will see, i was going to buy the card till i seen there was a better deal and asked if you wanted to match it.

and btw paul, stop calling me kid.... you dont even have a clue of howold i am.

-------------------- start e-mail text (remember read from bottom up as its all quoted text )-----------------
screw you i'm not the friggin WalMart.

----- Original Message -----
actually ima have to pass on that card...

http://www.newegg.com/Produ...Item=N82E16814127459

found that this morning, unless you want to match the rebate price w/ shipping.

If you wanna just add $5 and send me $40, i'll cover anything over that.

did ya get a chance to get the shipping

$35 + shipping is fine. Paypal =email@address.com but give me your address first so i can get a shipping quote. i have not looked into the HDMI sound thing. thank you.

shiped or +?

either way still a good deal. whats your paypal?

do you know if that card has onboard sound support for the hdmi? or does it have a sdpif header?

I bought this one at a local store when it was on sale for $40. I did not install it until i had time to upgrade my system to Win7, which then put it past the return period . The same store had a 2-day Only sale yesterday and i went for blank DVDs and found a big sale on a different video card so i bought it. i really hate to take too big a hit on a card i only used for a few hours. How about $35 ?

$30? i was looking to get a 210, just wondering, why did you decide not to keep?

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 01-25-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock