Started on: 12-09-2009 11:14 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: turboguy327 on 12-11-2009 06:32 AM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I am tryin to get the coolant temp gauge working. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about finding the problem. I hate electrical problems. Its my plow truck. 2003 F-350. I have found out that the 2 wire sensor is the same sensor for the ECU and the gauge. Dont know if this is true or not. If I ground 1 of the wires in the plug the gauge goes up to the middle of the scale. So I dont know what that means because every other gauge it bottoms out 1 way or the other when its grounded. Not just halfway. New temp sensor. It was 9 bucks so I figured why not Ill get a new one and see what happens. No luck. The truck wont fit into my garage so I didnt want to go to in-depth with it in the freezing rain outside standing on the plow frame. Can anyone help me figure this out??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

I am tryin to get the coolant temp gauge working. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about finding the problem. I hate electrical problems. Its my plow truck. 2003 F-350. I have found out that the 2 wire sensor is the same sensor for the ECU and the gauge. Dont know if this is true or not. If I ground 1 of the wires in the plug the gauge goes up to the middle of the scale. So I dont know what that means because every other gauge it bottoms out 1 way or the other when its grounded. Not just halfway. New temp sensor. It was 9 bucks so I figured why not Ill get a new one and see what happens. No luck. The truck wont fit into my garage so I didnt want to go to in-depth with it in the freezing rain outside standing on the plow frame. Can anyone help me figure this out??

I know exactley what the problem is because it was happening on the work truck I had with a Triton V10 in it when I used to work in the camden yards. Its a very easy fix as well, I did it within my BS half hour lunch break, But since you wanted to be a total @$$hole towards me on and off the fourm in PM's all I have to say is have fun. Dont burn bridges with your childish behavior, You never know when you might need someone elses help.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-10-2009).]

turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Dude....That would be childish behavior. I said I would stay out of your threads... And I have. Please dont come into mine and trash them. I have kept it to PM's.

[This message has been edited by turboguy327 (edited 12-10-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

Dude.... I said I would stay out of your threads... And I have. Please dont come into mine and trash them. I have kept it to PM's.

I ignored you on my pm list because of how verbaly abusive you are towards me about matters that have nothing to do with you over PM's, and matters that have no grounds for you to be abusive towards me. Where do you come off calling me out and using that kind of language towards me when I was trying to help someone. This is my last post in your thread.
And i say it again have fun with this problem. I gaurentee you the solution is right under your nose.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-10-2009).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
hope you find your anawer. Here is a free bump.
NickD3.4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
Don't you just love the Christmas Season. Maybe you should be the better man and give give the answer. If he wants to be a dick, life will catch up with him.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

hope you find your anawer. Here is a free bump.

Thanks man.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Try this forum for answers. They have helped me several times with my Ford. Good luck.
http://www.fordf150.net/

------------------

pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a schematic for the coolant temp gauge's wiring?
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Not yet. Found 2 but they are different but they are both supposed to be for a 2002 v10. I am gonna swing my the dealer and see if they will be nice and let me look at their cd's

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock